humbled1

Ashamed of your jumps?

I have been jumping for 27 months. I am still in the honeymoon period. I check this site 10+ times a day, I show my videos to non-skydivers, I get goosebumps talking about it. And I normally do O/S video with newbies and I pay my own slot..

now that you know what a freak I am....here is my question:

WHY DO YOU NOT UPDATE YOUR PROFILE?? or even worse, why do you put bogus info?

Personally, I get a hard-on to update my profile. I not only know how many jumps I have (436) but I know how many camera jumps I have total (157), how many O/S video jumps I have (86), how many I have with Stills (14)

Anyone?

Personally, when I see a BS profile I see a BS poster. Most forums do not post that kind of info, but most forums do not deal with a life and death sport.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

A lot of us personally know the other poster, especially the posters who have been in the sport for a while. Some folks really don't keep a log book, so the numbers don't mean much. After I reached 1000 I really quit keeping a log. That ended up with me having to use a single DZ's computer logs to verify jumps for wings. And even after that, I really don't care. Although I think that accurate logging is important for under 1000 jumps, that's a period when an extra 100 jumps means a lot in someone's progression.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

thanks for the reply dave but posters like you dont really need to keep your info updated.

I am speaking to the sub 1000 jumpers. More importanly currency!

My point is camera....some shit has went down that is pissing me off. I love skydiving...and I LOVE my DZ... but if I find out a jumper is on the Otter with me, and a camera and less than 200 jumps..I AM PULLING OFF!!

This shit needs to stop...I was almost killed by an idiot that thinks he has mad skillz

EDIT: The issue is I found out today I am the 3rd person almost colliding with this person who is a danger.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

haha but u are not my target audience:P

keep in mind pops while I am trying to invoke a particular emotion; I doubt it is the one surging through you right now ;)

. That usually works over in the bonfire section......
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

I have been jumping for 27 months. I am still in the honeymoon period. I check this site 10+ times a day, I show my videos to non-skydivers, I get goosebumps talking about it. And I normally do O/S video with newbies and I pay my own slot..

Personally, I get a hard-on to update my profile. I not only know how many jumps I have (436) but I know how many camera jumps I have total (157), how many O/S video jumps I have (86), how many I have with Stills (14)

Anyone?

Personally, when I see a BS profile I see a BS poster. Most forums do not post that kind of info, but most forums do not deal with a life and death sport.

Who is your target audience? Maybe you should address this to that particular person.

I see people with Go Pros at 50 jumps all the time. I don't agree with it at all, but not my drop zone to make the rules. I wouldn't pull off a load... unless it somehow compromised my safety.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

thanks for the reply dave but posters like you dont really need to keep your info updated.

I am speaking to the sub 1000 jumpers. More importanly currency!

My point is camera....some shit has went down that is pissing me off. I love skydiving...and I LOVE my DZ... but if I find out a jumper is on the Otter with me, and a camera and less than 200 jumps..I AM PULLING OFF!!

This shit needs to stop...I was almost killed by an idiot that thinks he has mad skillz

EDIT: The issue is I found out today I am the 3rd person almost colliding with this person who is a danger.

there are only 3 rules: don't hurt Bill, don't hurt Bill's friends, when you hurt yourself - no whining

if some 50 jump knucklehead came close to hurting me I'd deal with that person directly not on DZ.com, I'm still wondering who will be the first person to claim the #1 spot in the - Go In with a GoPro - contest
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I am speaking to the sub 1000 jumpers. More importantly currency!

Every time ya see that when loading...pull his reserve and snip the cable in 1/2.

Everybody will be safe on that load, Hell... maybe even for the whole day! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I am done being silent.

posting on the internet is one thing but if your really 'done being silent' the place for your complaints is your dzo / s+ta / dz manager

i dont keep my profile up to date cause i never think about it i dont really care what people on here know or dont know about me

1. Not everyone shares your particular view of what number is important.

2. A profile is not a logbook.

3. Because after a while it no longer matters is you have 4k or 4.5k jumps.

When you have 10 jumps, each single jump seems important.

When you have 100 jumps, each block of 10 seems important.

When you have 500 jumps, each block of 50 seems important.

When you have 1000 jumps, each block of 100 seems important.

When you have a few thousand, each block of 500 seems important.

When you have several thousand, each block of 1k seems important.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I was almost killed by an idiot that thinks he has mad skillz

The issue is I found out today I am the 3rd person almost colliding with this person who is a danger.

Is this under canopy or in free fall? Have you talked to the DZO about it? I fear mid air collisions as much as anything.

Can you provide us with some details? More information on the incident(s) would be helpful.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Anyone?

why dont you get the fuck over yourself, no body cares how many exact jumps you have, if you are deciding on who to jump with b/c of jump numbers then you obviously have not learned enough in your 27months in the sport.

the other thing is, info on a fucking forum doesnt mean shit! have a nice day.
IHYD

I can still remember exactly how many times in my life I have brushed my teeth, and how many of those times started in a clockwise rotation and with what type of toothbrush.

I DEMAND EVERYONE IS AS ANAL AS ME ON THE INTERNET
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

I can still remember exactly how many times in my life I have brushed my teeth, and how many of those times started in a clockwise rotation and with what type of toothbrush.

I DEMAND EVERYONE IS AS ANAL AS ME ON THE INTERNET

Fill in your profile or your post doesnt count! :P
IHYD

Anyone?

why dont you get the fuck over yourself, no body cares how many exact jumps you have, if you are deciding on who to jump with b/c of jump numbers then you obviously have not learned enough in your 27months in the sport.

That's about the only intelligent thing I have heard come from you. Namely because it agrees with me.

Anyone?

That's about the only intelligent thing I have heard come from you. Namely because it agrees with me.

thanks doc, im bookmarking this for later! :)
IHYD

Anyone?

finally i really know what being pathetic is all about
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I don't update mine, because the last thing on my mind after a day of jumping is "yes, I get to go update dropzone and add another 5 or 6 jumps!"

Since jump numbers are obviously directly related to your penis size, I don't see the point in posting mine for all to see.

If you're going to use my jump numbers, or number of posts as a basis for wether or not my opinion is worth anything... Then you sir, can go fuck yourself.

***The issue is I found out today I am the 3rd person almost colliding with this person who is a danger. /***

I'm still in the dark about whether this happened under canopy or free falling.. My first thought would be a separation issue on the jump run.
Under canopy is not normally a camera issue regarding the loosing focus on proximity or altitude..
Third maybe a direct in your face approach would be a hell of a lot more effective than a post online? Someone threatens my life I damn sure will be addressing the problem up close and personal..
Just my opinion.. My jump numbers are real low for much of an opinion though...I'm really just trying to figure out where the near death collision happened, a DZO would normally ground someone for a move like that under canopy. (At my DZ anyway)
The end result is directly connected to the effort applied