valcore

Skydive at 17

I've been looking and not having much luck. Does anyone know of any dropzones in or near Colorado that will allow someone to do a skydive at the age of 17?

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

From reading the 2009-2010 SIM, the age requirement of 18 is listed as waiverable by the full USPA board only. Does that mean a dropzone would need a one-time waiver to allow younger jumpers, or a waiver every time someone under 18 wants to jump?

If it's the former, does that mean a 10-year-old could potentially jump once a DZ got a one-time waiver? And if it's the latter, I'd assume any DZ that would let younger people jump isn't someplace I'd want to be, since I'm sure they aren't calling up the board every weekend getting permission. I'd worry about their safety standards. Or am I completely off-base here?

USPA allows jumping @ 16 w/ parental consent. See the line in the SIM below the line about 18yrs. No wavier needed.

So... There is nothing about letting kids 16-18 jump w/ parental consent that relates to the overall safety of a DZ.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I've been looking and not having much luck. Does anyone know of any dropzones in or near Colorado that will allow someone to do a skydive at the age of 17?

There is a place near Milwaukee but thats pretty far from you. They take kids 8 years old & up.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

There is a place near Milwaukee but thats pretty far from you. They take kids 8 years old & up.

Omro, WI. if I'm not mistaken. Minimum 80lbs. I believe.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

Hello,

I am an instructor at Colorado SkySports in Boulder. We have taken one 16yo girl through the IAD course, with the consent of her parent (who also learned to jump at the same time as her). We would love to have you come out.

If you are in the Boulder area, please feel free to stop in and visit us at the Boulder Municipal Airport.

Blue Skies,
Shayne