Cinders

Optima 2 volume

Hey again all,
got an optima 2 and I can't hear that thing during FF. Right off, my helmet is not a snug type and allows some wind in.

I got the volume up, and the frequency or pitch in the middle, which is supposed to be the loudest. Any advice besides a new helmet?

No earplugs. My hearing is not good (though not bad) from the military, which doesn't help either.

Gee. Between the plane and the wind during freefall (esp. w/an open-face helmet), I find skydiving to be pretty damn loud. That's why I wear plugs. If you've already got some noise-induced hearing loss, I can't imagine that going plug-less with an open face helmet would improve that any.

im deaf in my left ear, i once checked my optima on the way to altitude and put the thing back in the left side of my helmet, about 3k i realized i was low, and got under canopy. leson learned. but i could still hear the audible. turn it up, replace the batteries and make sure the speaker hole is facing your ear, remove any padding between the speaker hole and your ear you should be good to go. i have NO hearing in my left ear and still heard it from my right ear. so you are doing something wrong if u cant hear it.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

you might rotate your audible to see if spinning it around places the speaker in a better location for your ear.

Exactly. I had the same problem, so I turned it upside down and now I can hear it
fine. When it was right side up the hole where the tone comes out wasnt lines up next to my ear.
__

My mighty steed