Magicrock

Questions About Skydiving

1) I don't know where the idea first started, maybe while in the Navy, flying in the glass nose of an SP-2H. The actual start was as a personal reward for loosing 70 lbs.

2) Like I had made a terrible mistake (and I still have a bit of that feeling just before the door opens even now).

3) I didn't feel like I was falling. Once I started my AFF, after 6 s/ls, my world was the five feet or so around me and my instructors.

4) "We Are the Champions of the World!" I felt it again yesterday as I nailed my Check Jump landing, knowing I had passed.

5) Listen to what you are told, read your SIMS, practice what you can on the ground, and think about what you are going to do, visualing it in your head before the door opens. And go to the bathroom before you get on the plane.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

man :( now i really want to go skydiving, and there's like no places nearby that i know of that would allow me to go up. I guess i have to continue researching...

>_< i hate being underage...age limits suck
The magic rock jumped out of a plane and dropped...and made a small crater in the ground...

< _< dont look at me i didnt do it!

Try the wind tunnel then!

Good advice! The tunnel is an excellent way of "tasting" wwhether skydiving is for you. And despite what some people say, those skills do carry over, once you're past the differences between flying more or less stationary in a room and actually falling at 200 kph. :)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

These are probably the best whuffo questions I have come across, but hey, its good for relating to your own subtracted needs.. (don't laugh);)
1.) What made you want to go skydiving
All female birds should get some proper wings to fly in the same skies!!

2.) What did you feel prior to jumping out of the plane
Got drunk and ate lots of curry!!

3.) What was the free-fall like
Woooo!!

4.) When you touched down how did you feel
Thank *%$? for that...
story continued...

5.) Anything else you want to say about skydiving
Piece of cake...if you're real...

Your spirit will show you the way if destined...

'Embellished in thick clouds...
Nowhere else...but up there..'

Pretty blue skies (and you will never be alone)...

1. Set the way-back machine to around 1994 when I was interested in flying not skydiving I once heard it was $250 for ground school and $100/jump.
FF to 2010 while I was watching the featurette on the Point Break DVD about Patrick Swayze skydiving. I decided to look the cost up to see the effects of inflation over 15+ years. At that time I had ABSOLUTELY no intention of skydiving. The thought never crossed my mind. Expecting to find $400+ when I saw $165 I decided what the hell I'll go for it.

2. From mikec717 on YouTube; "Nothing like the sick feeling in your stomach the first time they pop that door open!":D

3. No real free-fall on static line. Initially you feel like you're floating for about 3 seconds.

4. Way too surreal I spent the next day and a half saying "I don't believe I F@#king did that":D

5. It gets into your blood. It gets into your blood.

As soon as you're legal. Don't end up like a lot of people. Dead at 30 but not put into the ground 'till 85.B|

It ain't like you can call TIME-OUT and just stroll on back to manifest and ask for a refund if you don't like the way things are goin' up there. Dude.

Something new to try.

(Static Line) Felt fine until the JM said climb out, then I was really wondering if this was what I should be doing.

(Static Line) Not much FF, but it was overwhelming, mind-numbing. When the JM got to the ground she asked me if I saw the plane, when I said 'no', she said I was looking straight at it til my canopy opened.

Let's do it again!!!

One of the most amazing things I have ever experienced and I have quite a few experiences to draw on...I think everyone should try it at least once!

Here's a newbies perspective...

It was one of those things I kinda always wanted to try once. A friend organized a whitewater rafting/skydiving trip a couple years ago and that's how I did my first jump.

That crab walk while hooked to your tandem instructor was probably the most terrifying thing I ever did. It's not every day you walk to the open door of an aircraft at 14,000 feet.

Insane. But first, the visual of seeing an airplane that you were just inside, slowly drift away from you is a visual that you will never forget. Free fall was loud, fast, and amazing. Although you don't really notice how fast you are going because it's not like driving 120 mph on the highway where you have trees, guardrail, other cars, etc. to give you visual cues as to how fast you are going. Then a minute or so later, the chute opens and it's another really cool experience.

That was f**king awesome.

It went from a 'once in a lifetime' thing to a 'once a year' thing, to a 'I'm gonna get my license' thing. It's a very addictive sport.