FTP_07

Skydiving in California

Okay, so I've looked and looked and not one of the sites I've looked on has provided what I need to know. I'm going to be over by Eureka for the next 4 months and would love to know if there is a dropzone near there and if so, where exactly is it located, the hours, and what ya'all think of it? If someone, or several, can answer this I would be oh so grateful. :). Thanks!

Nope. Nothing up in that direction. Your closest DZ would be NorCal Skydiving, which is in Cloverdale (about 3 1/2 hours). Next closest would be SkyDance in Davis or Skydive Sacramento in Lincoln (probably about equidistant, about 5 hours).

www.norcalskydiving.com
www.skydanceskydiving.net
www.skydivesac.com

NorCal and Sac are both flying Cessnas, Skydance has a PAC.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Crap. I was hoping for less driving than that. Sigh. Oh well....guess that's when I'll make a weekend of it then. Thanks for the responses!

I've not jumped at NorCal, but can vouch for both SkyDance and Skydive Sac as being very fun, friendly places to jump.

You may want to add yourself to the yahoo group for Northern California skydivers - if there's events going on at particular DZs, they're often posted to this group:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/norcal_skydiving/
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just be real careful NOT to buy a skydive from 1 800 Skyride, Adventure Skydiving, Thrill Planet, or the new one that has websites that are skydivinginpick a city.com Those are fake websites that are only designed to take your money. Be sure that there's a location on the website before you waste your time and cell/home phone minutes. I added Adventure skydiving, but I think there's a real DZ in Cal. that goes by the same name, I don't think they are affiliated, just the same name. Just Google Skydiving scam, the info there will be very valuable when you decide where to jump.

Here's the list of Cal DZ's; http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/California/index.html
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

The OP has a license so is highly unlikely to be buying a tandem jump. No need to bring Skyride into yet another thread![:/]