Driver1

Easy Coach Rating

Hey Southern, South East and Mid Atlantic Jumpers, I noticed that Skydive East Tennessee is having a Coach course this week. I just learned that if for some reason, you don't pass the course, it's ok, Call Amy Gravlee at AST and she will sign off on your ticket and all it will cost you is a jump. I'm thinking she may even do it by snail mail to save you the travel expense.
For more info, see the attachment.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Or, with a little reading comprehension. you may figure out that she is asking for a jump ticket for her time to come out and let the coach candidates teach it to her or someone else. Would not be an unreasonable request for services rendered.

I don't immediately jump to "pay me a jump ticket and I will sign your reqs off without you actually doing them", but that is just me. You seem to know something different.

It says "The First Jump Course has been canceled" Then says she will sign you off. It don't say anything about teaching her anything. It does not say anything about the jump that this will cost, going towards the first jump course or any other kind of training. It just says it will "cost you a jump". My understanding of that is she will sign me off and I buy her a jump, pay manifest for her to have a jump on account or just give her the money for a jump.
Make of it what you will, She said it, not me. I just posted it.

It says "The Coach Course has been canceled"

Where? I read that page over and over again and the only thing I can see that's been canceled is the FJC, which perhaps some coach course candidates were planning to attend to meet the requirement of assisting in an FJC.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It says "The Coach Course has been canceled"

Where? I read that page over and over again and the only thing I can see that's been canceled is the FJC, which perhaps some coach course candidates were planning to attend to meet the requirement of assisting in an FJC.

Correct, it says the FJC was canceled, so how can the candidates get the signature if they didn't do the FJC?

Hey Southern, South East and Mid Atlantic Jumpers, I noticed that Skydive East Tennessee is having a Coach course this week. I just learned that if for some reason, you don't pass the course, it's ok, Call Amy Gravlee at AST and she will sign off on your ticket and all it will cost you is a jump. I'm thinking she may even do it by snail mail to save you the travel expense.

Huh? You sure you don't mean Adventure Skydiving Tennessee?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Maybe you should ask Amy what she means.

I don't know her or the DZ....

I read it as possibly -

She wasn't available to work one day with the coaches because she had to teach the FJC. Later, she finds out the FJC is canceled and therefore she now has time for the Coach wannabees to work with them on their rating.

So there's a version that has a positive spin to it.

careful you don't inadvertantly slander someone you might meet someday

as for candidates "missing" the FJC during the course - frankly, if a candidate doesn't ALREADY have that requirement done BEFORE any rating course, then they need to decide if they are really that serious about their intent.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Correct, it says the FJC was canceled, so how can the candidates get the signature if they didn't do the FJC?

By getting the PRE-requisites done prior to the ratings course. As they are supposed to do. cripes - teaching is about preparation.

I'd love to find out from course directors (any kind) what percentage of people show up without even having started on their proficiency cards.[:/]

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No Billy, I said what I meant, According to USPA's website, Skydive East Tennessee is having a coach course, and I was throwing the idea of the second chance to any candidate who may fail the course. See the attachment.

No Billy, I said what I meant, According to USPA's website, Skydive East Tennessee is having a coach course, and I was throwing the idea of the second chance to any candidate who may fail the course. See the attachment.

If someone ONLY looks at that first wall post then yes, the intent is questionable. However if you read a few posts down, as well as the comments, then you can easily come to a conclusion.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

You have got to be shitting me!
A NON USPA GM drop zone is going to conduct a coach course? As far as I can tell this coach course is not even registered with the USPA, so if it's not, wouldn't that make this course null and void?
All I can say is I recommend that the candidates really consider where they are spending their money, because that may be all they are doing.

Adventure Skydiving Tennessee is NOT Skydive East Tennessee. Maybe some jumpers from AST are taking the coach course at SET which is a USPA group member dz. The coach course at Skydive East Tennessee is being conducted by Tom Deacon of Pro Skydiving Services not Amy Gravlee. It appears to me as though she was intending to teach a first jump course at Adventure Skydiving Tennessee in which jumpers interested in taking a coach course could meet the prerequisite of participating in a fjc.

http://www.uspa.org/FindaDZ/GroupMemberListbyState/Tennessee/tabid/398/Default.aspx

http://www.uspa.org/NewsEvents/RatingCourses/tabid/158/Default.aspx

http://proskydivingservices.com/course-schedule/23/6/07/icalrepeatdetail/uspa-coach-course/bcf5a7572bee9b3e486a11b7c4c45c3f/2010

Bwahahaha!

Dribble1, if I could call you names, like choad or fucktard, without being censored or banned, I would. However, as I cannot, I will not! Repeat, you are not being called names. However, you have not the slightest idea what you are reading. The intended readers, thank goodness, do.

Keep up the vigilant, albeit totally misguided work.

Amy, you rodent molar bitch, if you see this, thanks for the awesome jumps today! AST forever, bitches!

Adventure Skydiving Tennessee is NOT Skydive East Tennessee. Maybe some jumpers from AST are taking the coach course at SET which is a USPA group member dz. The coach course at Skydive East Tennessee is being conducted by Tom Deacon of Pro Skydiving Services not Amy Gravlee. It appears to me as though she was intending to teach a first jump course at Adventure Skydiving Tennessee in which jumpers interested in taking a coach course could meet the prerequisite of participating in a fjc.

http://www.uspa.org/FindaDZ/GroupMemberListbyState/Tennessee/tabid/398/Default.aspx

http://www.uspa.org/NewsEvents/RatingCourses/tabid/158/Default.aspx

http://proskydivingservices.com/course-schedule/23/6/07/icalrepeatdetail/uspa-coach-course/bcf5a7572bee9b3e486a11b7c4c45c3f/2010

Why would SET waste their time training candidates if they are planning to jump at AST, or shall I say a Skyride DZ? That sounds hypocritical to me.
Like I said earlier in this thread, I did not mistake SET for AST, SET is much better than AST will ever be. I can tell you that and I've never even been there.

I would like to inform everyone that the only people registered for the SET coach course this weekend are regular SET jumpers. No AST people are taking the course.

My point exactly! It looks like the Skyriders just tried to scam us in to believing that they were doing something right for once, but in all actuality, it looks like Amy fucked up and they are trying to cover her ass.

**Note to Alabamaskydiver, I think I've heard of that before where the course would be null and void. Anyone who knows, weigh in here and clear this up.

You have got to be shitting me!
A NON USPA GM drop zone is going to conduct a coach course?

It is not a requirement that instructional rating courses must be performed at a USPA dropzone. The I/E must be USPA rated and a current member but the dropzone does not have to be a USPA member.

Why would SET waste their time training candidates if they are planning to jump at AST,

Many people travel to other dropzones to take instructional courses. You register the course with USPA and anyone can sign up to take the course.

It is not a requirement that instructional rating courses must be performed at a USPA dropzone.

That is correct but if it is not held at a USPA GM DZ then the course is charged an additional fee to cover that.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Wow,
Is this what we have become? I dont know Amy but that fact this is even being spoken about on here is not very fair to her. How about if it bothers you so much you call up Amy and speak to her in person about her post. A good tactic before making allegations about her behind her back and in front of the skydiving community. Maybe we can give her the benefit of the dought being we have no idea what the background on this situation is. How about we get all the facts before we act. Especially if a Instructors reputation is at stake.

Once again you have put your blinders on wene it comes to AST.
Amy was offering coach canidates for a course offered in Waverly TN to sit in on the fjc she was conducting. When that got canceled she offered to work with any one to prepaire.
You MF always stir the pot without a clue!!

This is Nash Copeland. I am one of the DZOs at Skydive East Tennessee. We are in no way affiliated with Adventure Skydive Tennessee and we don't take Skyride Gift Certificates. I don't know who Amy Gravlee is. We ARE having a Coach Course and it is still open to anyone interested.

We are located just about a mile off I-40 near Knoxville and have been open just over a year. We bought an 81 acre farm and built a 3100 foot grass strip, swoop pond with a sand beach, a manifest building with indoor packing and training room, and a large hangar. We currently fly two Cessnas and hope to move up to a turbine soon. We are not exactly a destination DZ yet, but we are working on it. People are very down to earth and easy to jump with, and we have great views of East Tennessee lakes and the Smoky Mountains. If you are in the area, stop by and see us.

Blue Skies,

Nash Copeland
http://SkydiveET.com