dmcipod

Suggestions for 100th Skydive

So I am about to reach that special milestone in every skydivers heart ... the 100th skydive, and I couldn't be more exited about it. The only thing .... what kind of jump do I do?

What were some memorable 100th jumps in your eyes and did they go according to plan or did they do to crap right out the door? I'm ok with the traditional BFR but I just didn't know if there was anything else that would add that extra touch to it.

Some background info of what we have to play with. My home dropzone has a Caravan so ideally I would have the whole plane to my jump. I'm gonna talk with the DZO to see with we can get the cessna 182 up in the air at the same time. At 96 jumps, surprisingly I have stayed away from freeflying and I have pretty good belly skills IMO.

I will be going out to the dz this saturday to get the last 4 jumps in. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys in advanced.

NAKED JUMP!!!

do it! ....then post the evidence
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Naked train exit with at least 6 other people connected and then a transition to head down in order to catch a lead tennis ball..

Goodluck and have fun.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

NAKED JUMP!!!

do it! ....then post the evidence

You know how I know you're gay?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I will be going out to the dz this saturday to get the last 4 jumps in. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys in advanced.

How about heli jumps? My No. 100 and No. 101 were heli jumps from about 2k m, exit over the sea, simply wonderful!

After that, I did many other heli jumps but, never again out of a little Alouette B|B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

So I am about to reach that special milestone in every skydivers heart ... the 100th skydive, and I couldn't be more exited about it. The only thing .... what kind of jump do I do?

What were some memorable 100th jumps in your eyes and did they go according to plan or did they do to crap right out the door? I'm ok with the traditional BFR but I just didn't know if there was anything else that would add that extra touch to it.

Some background info of what we have to play with. My home dropzone has a Caravan so ideally I would have the whole plane to my jump. I'm gonna talk with the DZO to see with we can get the cessna 182 up in the air at the same time. At 96 jumps, surprisingly I have stayed away from freeflying and I have pretty good belly skills IMO.

I did the Undie Hundie [which is tradition at some DZs.] Not naked but in your underwear. Believe me, if you're jumping where I jump, I didn't mind wearing as little clothes as possible when its +90F on the ground. And it helps people fly fast if you do a speed star :)

I wanted to do a hybrid too, but our group was too big; this may also be consideration for what you decide to do ultimately. If you have 15+ people like I did, of varying skill levels it may be worth it to have an experienced jumper organize it for you, for safety's sake.

Track dives are always fun, or since you have a caravan, try a raft dive! Congratulations on 100, have fun and be safe! :)

Jump with a bucket of KFC and see how many pieces you can eat before you pull.

Haha I'm so doing this for my 100th jump!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

You: NAKED, the rest of the load are wearing jumpsuits and fly around you and pick up grips on you. Get video with a GOOD videographer, good luck!

If you're gonna have the whole load naked, I recommend launching a small base, maybe of 3 or 4 with you in it, then build a star from that. The people on that need to be fairly experienced, I flew like crap without my jumpsuit in the beginning. Don't even try to turn a second point unless the people are VERY experienced and fairly similar in body weight and type. Be sure to get video.:D

Seriously, all of my "milestone jumps" have been training jumps of some sort:

100: RW drill jump with video
200:Freefly drill jump with video
300: Bigway drill jump with video
400: Bigway drill jump with video.

Does that make me a geek?

:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Hint: Take a towel and a spare change of clothes...

That's for pussies!

:P

Really, in the plane you're with people you know anyway, and once you land, you'll have a big sheet of nylon to cover yourself with anyway.

Bringing extra clothes only complicates things, and don't even think about bringing it in freefall: safety risk with stuff flapping all over the place. And where are you gonna put it anyway? in the BOC? :D
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

invite one or two of your original instructors, who may have been particularly important to you, during those early training jumps to share # 100 with you...
they can fly circles around YOU or you can fly circles around THEM...

either way.. there should be huge smiles,,,, all around

jimmytavino