Nameless007

Arch Workout

Arch from the hips not from the back. You'll fly better and your back will thank you.

+1

It will put head up and will help with potato chipping. Arching with the COG at ur back can bring you a little head low.
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

Stand up straight.
Put you hands on your hips, on your waistline at they 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock position.
Look straight ahead and very slowly push your hips forward. To keep from falling you will naturally keep your head and shoulders over your feet. Breathe slowly and feel the front of your hips stretch as you do this- If you tense up and hold your breath you will not stretch and will strain yourself. When you get to your limit of flexibility, stay there and try to get comfortable. Just breathe softly and try to relax into the position. Repeat as many times as you comfortably can.

When you arch properly in freefall, it isn't a thing that requires a muscular exertion, like when you practice it lying down. You just relax into it. Personally I don't recommend you practice it lying down- I think it is counterproductive as it encourages excess tension.

If you flying reasonably within your range, you shouldn't be sore from arching unless you are overly tense- check that, too.

Stand up straight.
Put you hands on your hips, on your waistline at they 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock position.
Look straight ahead and very slowly push your hips forward. To keep from falling you will naturally keep your head and shoulders over your feet. Breathe slowly and feel the front of your hips stretch as you do this- If you tense up and hold your breath you will not stretch and will strain yourself. When you get to your limit of flexibility, stay there and try to get comfortable. Just breathe softly and try to relax into the position. Repeat as many times as you comfortably can.

When you arch properly in freefall, it isn't a thing that requires a muscular exertion, like when you practice it lying down. You just relax into it. Personally I don't recommend you practice it lying down- I think it is counterproductive as it encourages excess tension.

If you flying reasonably within your range, you shouldn't be sore from arching unless you are overly tense- check that, too.

No, no, no it’s…

just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!

Sorry

No, no, no it’s…

just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!

Sorry

:D:D

You're not sorry. Admit it.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

>Hey I wanted to see what kind of exercises people do, if any, to get
>their arch just right . . .

Well, the only thing that will get your arch just right is skydiving or wind tunnelling. But if you mean exercises to increase flexibility, then there are a bunch.

Yoga is probably the best way to go because some of the poses put your body in almost exactly the position you want to be in. If you don't want to get really involved with it just look up these poses on the net:

Up dog. Lay on your belly; use your arms to raise your upper body/head to close to vertical.

Cobra. Similar to up dog but works your back more than your pelvis.

Bow. Lay on your belly; lift up your feet, grab them with your hands behind you, then try to straighten your legs.

Wheel. Lie on your back, put your hands on the ground next to your ears, and lift your entire body up into an arch, keeping hands and feet on the ground. (Not an easy one but a very good one)

Locust. Lay on your belly with your arms at your side, then lift your feet, knees, chest, head and arms off the ground; push into the ground with your belly. This develops the arching muscles more than flexibility.

(As an interesting note, the Airspeed stretches come mostly from yoga poses.)

If you don't a tunnel near by, you can also use a swimming pool and "noodles" 2 of those and place in you waist area as you lay on your belly in the pool, if your arched just right you can just keep your face out of the water, but your chin should touch or just be slightly out of the water, easy on your back too.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Arch from the hips not from the back. You'll fly better and your back will thank you.

Yup, what Jack said. If you do it right you'll have a sore ass instead of a sore back ;) at least until your ass gets used to it. It was probably the first thing my instructor corrected me on....the next day I was like wow wtf happened to my ass
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Yup, what Jack said. If you do it right you'll have a sore ass instead of a sore back ;) at least until your ass gets used to it. It was probably the first thing my instructor corrected me on....the next day I was like wow wtf happened to my ass

Your arch shouldnt require you to take off your pants...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message