jaffo

USPA rule change in last 10 years?

I'm coming back into the sport after 9 years off.

I found out today that the minimum jumps for different licenses changed since I left the sport.

I got my C lic under the standards at the time. Will I have to meet new standards now, or do I get grandfathered?

Any other rule changes that matter for the day to day jumper?
Thanks
"Ryder"
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

Wow, ok, after 10 years you have to go back and do some static line jumps with some PRCPs before moving onto Xaff, which is the new training system that involve remote controlled main canopies.

Ok, yeah, you keep your license, no big deal, just get to your DZ and get jumping again. Welcome back!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

TOOO Funny!!! Thanks AggieDave!!

I made arrangments today for recurrent training this week!!! Got to start living life again!!

Did you ever used to jump at Eagle Flight? I guess you know that SD Texas isn't open anymore (nor is Eagle Flight), but Cowtown opened with some old SD Texas crew, Doc Stewart opened in Stephenville and EF was bought/sold a couple of times, ending up in Hillsboro as SD I-35.

I was at doc's place today. He's doing a first jump course this week and I'm gonna audit it for a refresher. Do a little hanging out in the harness and then do a jump with Tracey.

Then we'll all assess and see where I am.

Thanks!

Doc is good people. He took me under his wing 10 years ago and has been there for me ever sense. In fact he was at my house just a couple of weeks ago. Tracey is a good jumper as well.

I was at doc's place today. He's doing a first jump course this week and I'm gonna audit it for a refresher. Do a little hanging out in the harness and then do a jump with Tracey.

Then we'll all assess and see where I am.

Thanks!

You seem like a smart guy/girl, just a quick reminder - it may not be prudent to go right back to the canopy you were on then. Be careful, start big, don;t get hurt, and welcome back :)

I found out today that the minimum jumps for different licenses changed since I left the sport.

I get confused at times, admittedly ... LOL ... but I started in 2000 ... and I've not seen any license jump # requirement changes in that time. Your profile stuff says you've been in the sport 10 years, same as me ... I'm curious as to what it is that you hear has changed?
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

I get confused at times, admittedly ... LOL ... but I started in 2000 ... and I've not seen any license jump # requirement changes in that time. Your profile stuff says you've been in the sport 10 years, same as me ... I'm curious as to what it is that you hear has changed?

It changed in Sept 03. A went from 20 to 25, B from 50 to 100, C from 100 to 200, D from 200 to 500. It was done to bring USPA licenses to the same standards as FAI.

THIS THREAD is the only thing I could find in a quick search, but it highlights the changes.

Edit to add: Another Thread that has a bit more info.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thanks Wildcard. I agree. I have a 200# exit weight and I'm gonna do a progression down. I'm gonna start with a pd 265(AKA Hot air balloon). then pd 230 (still a huge canopy), then probably a sabre 170 and finally back to my Safire 160.

I don't recover as fast as I did 10 years ago so I'll stay at each level as long as I need to.

It changed in Sept 03. A went from 20 to 25, B from 50 to 100, C from 100 to 200, D from 200 to 500. It was done to bring USPA licenses to the same standards as FAI.

B license is still 50 jumps, is it not?
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

B is still 50.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

B is still 50.

Oops:$

Coach is B and 100 jumps. My bad, sorry.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Cowtown is not really operating much anymore due to them running out at Cado. Dont even know the last time they flew a load.....I know they didnt for a few months....

To jaffo, welcome back yo the sky and say hi if your ever at SD Dallas and see me. (mostly Fridays)
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Cowtown is not really operating much anymore due to them running out at Cado. Dont even know the last time they flew a load.....I know they didnt for a few months...

Didn't realize that. Thank you for the heads up!

Thanks! I was in between the license/#'s there, so it didn't have any effect on me. I guess it just went right past me! I knew there had been a change, but for some reason I was thinking it took place before I started.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Thanks Andy!! You're absolutely right!! I'm obcessed like I was 10 years ago. I feel like a newbie again.

This is gonna be bad...It's all I can think about....lol