ktmlouie47

Why do DZ's Screw other DZ's??

Our DZ sends a Caravan over to the other competing DZ so the fun jumpers can make a lot of loads.

Two weeks ago I went to Deland and jumped out of their Skyvan. This weekend, I went to Z-hills and jumped out of Deland's Skyvan.

I have jumped out of Deland's PAC at Clewiston and at old Lake Wales. Have also jumped their Skyvan at the Palatka Hog Flop Boogie. Bob H. is a giver.

its few and far between when deland has all thei aircraft at home at once lol. They are ALWAYS loaning something to somewhere haha. And yeah Bob is the coolest dzo ever. He took me and one other guy in a PAC to altitude on my first solo. No matter what happens deland will always be one of my home dz's. ( i say one of because i move around alot, stupid work, if i uad my way it would be the ONLY place i ever call home)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Let's see SSM is screwing Temple, but sending a Caravan to Port Aransas for their beach jumping. Spaceland sends a Skyvan to SD Houston, SD Dallas and SD San Marcos. SD Houston is using an Super Otter from Spaceland until their aircraft issue gets resolved.

Looks like a lot of cooperation by all to me.

Big way and boogie events are planned by taking into consideration other events that are planned. But as several others pointed out, sometimes overlaps occur especially on holiday weekends.

And don't forget Dallas has sent it's caravan to SD Temple in the recent past when Temple had plane problems. This kept Dallas from flying as many loads as it could with both of it's turbines. Dallas sends it's Otter to Spaceland in the past before Spaceland bought so damn many planes. ;-) to help with the TSR. Etc...

Personally, the Texas DZ do a pretty good job of working with each other in spite of the fact that they are in a sense competing business.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

To clarify: This is the Fourth Annual Deadman Boogie hosted by the Texas Anvil Brothers. The first two were held at Skydive Houston in Waller, Texas. Last year the Deadman Boogie III was held at Skydive Temple in Salado, Texas.

There was one at Spaceland in there too. So the number is off somewhere. I think #1 was at Skydive Houston, #2 at Spaceland, #3 at Temple. Is that right?

Gypsies, they be.

No, we Anvils have worked other boogies at Spaceland... The original Deadman Boogie was planned under an oak tree (with a few twelve packs of beer) on the grounds of Skydive Houston... then executed that same year and the following year. Then, I convinced them to come and check out this small Cessna 182 dz in Salado, Texas where the vibe was good for DMB III... it was such a success last year that we are holding it there again this year.

Thumber Mofo
Anivl Brother

No, we Anvils have worked other boogies at Spaceland... The original Deadman Boogie was planned under an oak tree (with a few twelve packs of beer) on the grounds of Skydive Houston... then executed that same year and the following year. Then, I convinced them to come and check out this small Cessna 182 dz in Salado, Texas where the vibe was good for DMB III... it was such a success last year that we are holding it there again this year.

Thumber Mofo
Anivl Brother

I hope that is a really powerful C-182 for ANY kind of Anvil Brothers event.:) anything more than a 3 way could be interesting to shove some of the people I know into a C-182

So that would mean Skydive Temple and every other DZ that is having an event that week is trying to steal jumpers from Couch Freaks, since this year is their 30 anniversary.
Any event running for longer on that week?

Not anymore, last year was the end of The Richmond Boogie.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

That and Texas has more than enough jumpers to go around. :P

Incidentally, SSM is the only Texas DZ I have jumped at and it was a good time (the first Deaf World Record event). They took good care of us. Ownership may have changed since, I dunno.

Classic!!!

So, you guys are all hanging out in front of manifest window signing and waiting on the plane. Carrie the manifest chick opens the window and says 'time to load head on out there.', and shuts the window I start snickering, and tell everyone at the table to watch this and point at Carrie. You guys continue your discussion. Carrie opens the window again and in an exasperated voice yells "time to load". She stares at you guys with a what in the fuck is wrong with you look. I and the rest of the table are rolling by now, but I manage to tell her that they'll never hear you, so yell as loud as you want. At which point in time she caught a clue along with a number of compliments on her intelligence. and got one of ya'lls attention visually

Skydive San Marcos is a Tandem Factory that will bump you from a load for a tandem in a heartbeat which is understandable its a business right?

I hear a lot of people spreading this type of talk about SDSM, but I've never seen it. I have seen the DZM working his ass off to keep fun jumpers in the air on a busy tandem day.

SDSM cranks out a lot of tandems, and I'm sure that's a big part of why they've got such a kick-ass facility...But anybody saying that they're nothing but a tandem factory is either mis-informed or is bitter and trying to spread shit about the place.

+1

In over 4 years I've never been bumped once. In fact they tailor the loads pretty well so no one has to wait too long.
The OP forgot to mention the sport jumpers get their own pass at 13,500 after dumping the tandems at 10,000. Very few DZ's make 2 passes like that.

Im pretty sure what has already been said is enough, DZs work together as one, noone has intended to hurt another DZ, and this deal also happened at this time last year as i recall.

have a nice day! :)

Hey ks1384, I'm digging that BAD ASS avatar you've got there! lmao

That and Texas has more than enough jumpers to go around. :P

Incidentally, SSM is the only Texas DZ I have jumped at and it was a good time (the first Deaf World Record event). They took good care of us. Ownership may have changed since, I dunno.

Classic!!!

So, you guys are all hanging out in front of manifest window signing and waiting on the plane. Carrie the manifest chick opens the window and says 'time to load head on out there.', and shuts the window I start snickering, and tell everyone at the table to watch this and point at Carrie. You guys continue your discussion. Carrie opens the window again and in an exasperated voice yells "time to load". She stares at you guys with a what in the fuck is wrong with you look. I and the rest of the table are rolling by now, but I manage to tell her that they'll never hear you, so yell as loud as you want. At which point in time she caught a clue along with a number of compliments on her intelligence. and got one of ya'lls attention visually

:D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Skydive San Marcos is a Tandem Factory that will bump you from a load for a tandem in a heartbeat

I've never been bumped at any DZ except once at Temple... then someone lost their shit in manifest and us funjumpers got our own load :)
Skydive San Marcos rocks (second pass = awesome) and I'll go there for sure during Labor Day. Skydive Temple is ten minutes from my house and I'll be there at some point during the weekend too.
This isn't flying, its falling with style.

So that would mean Skydive Temple and every other DZ that is having an event that week is trying to steal jumpers from Couch Freaks, since this year is their 30 anniversary.
Any event running for longer on that week?

Not anymore, last year was the end of The Richmond Boogie.

:( Not surprised but still sad to hear.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Yeah, guess it would be a bit to dangerous to argue over who was having which special or what boogie while you are dismantling IAD's and other bombs in Afghanastan... Are night jumps out of the question? I guess so, you probably dont have your gear there since you are living in a tent in the desert.

Hoping you can make up for lost jumps when your duty is done over there... be safe, my friend, blue skies. Hopefully we will have all of this sorted out, stop the name calling and pettiness and just get back to the love of our sport... jump, jump, jump.

A friend told me the other day, "some people can take a really fun sport like skydiving and ruin it with drama and politics"...

Something else to ponder on the OP's post:

San Marcos staff jump at Temple quite often and I've NEVER seen a Temple staff member at SSM.
Also if you look at the dropzone reviews there are at least 2 people in Temple that are bashing SSM. Your tandem guy Brandon and his wife or gf or whatever she is.
So remind me again, who's getting screwed?

Sounds like you're upset that some of your buddies are heading to San Marcos for the Labor Day weekend.

Business is business. There's no "screwing" of a DZ here. It's business owners trying to compete.

SUAJ (shut up and jump);)

Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

B|" Skydive Temple is your family type drop zone that makes you feel very welcome and is not a huge tandem factory. They cater to their Fun Jumpers and are always welcome to new jumpers. "

Ha! The unjustly banned would beg to differ about that! Thankfully skydive san marcos is close by and I think a much better dropzone(course I got spoiled jumping in sebastian and deland fla from feb to may 2010 that just a cesna 182 just wont do) Turbo's rule ain't it cool! SSM I've found to be freindly,helpful, and fun jumper oriented,. I've had to wait all day for 1 jump at SDTemple cause tandems come 1st. I understand thier logic but it sure is frustrating to wait all day to just get 1 jump when all your friends went to SSM an got to jump alot.
>:(

" I know that I will personally never jump at Skydive San Marcos again!"

Aren't you in Alabama now? It's not like you are in temple all the time anyways. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :)!

Great skydive, Perfect landing

Ageed!

Boogies and big-ways do not mix gracefully.

Really? Tell that to the Summerfest organizers, they must have missed the memo.

We did the HeadDown State Record at the American Revolution Boogie in Dallas... Does that count as a bigway?

What are we arguing about here? Oh never mind, I'm gonna be cruising the Pacific with my number one gal. heehee

I think he already realizes he made a fool of himself. Skydivers are gonna go where ever they want to go, doesn't matter how hard you sell your event, they are gonna go because thier friends are there, I guess.
But what do I know.

If Skydive San Marcos had the $99 special on Labor Day Weekend for several years prior to Skydive Temple having the boogie then maybe..... just maybe.... SDT is trying to steal away SDSM's fun jumpers for the holiday weekend.... I'm just sayin... Everything isn't always what it appears to be... ;)

... Everything isn't always what it appears to be...

In this case, I think it's exactly what it appears to be. A DZ having a boogie over Labor Day weekend and another DZ having a boogie over Labor Day weekend.

I don't think there's anything going on beside DZs trying to have fun over a long holiday weekend. Even if they were 1 mile away from each other, both DZs have staff and dedicated fun jumpers who all want to have fun at their own DZ over a long weekend.