ridestrong

What rig is the girl wearing on the cover of this months (Aug 2010) Parachutist?

Pssst.. its the NW;)

Seattle is here in this corner geographically:)
^
|
|
|

See

You NEVER plan anything around here and expect good weather for it until the week after the 4th of July. We have GORGEOUS weather before that but the clouds do sneak in randomely for a few days till that date.

There is only one place that would have the facilities and that is Kapowsin. They have the planes and Otter and Grand Caravan and a HUGE airport.

Thats what I said NW;) After the 4th is good, it used to be the 3rd week in July until I moved it to the EAST~ LOL. So something like the 19th to the 25th would do it? Would need to check other events in the area, including the Canadians eh? They have the Rainbow event up there around then dont they? Would love to see the Ferrington's again as well. I'll look into it. How much are jump tickets?

keep going to meets where its hotter than hell, with high humidity and near sea level. All that thick air slows ya down

Humid air will be lower density than drier air. It seems counter intuitive, but it is true.

Huh????
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Pssst.. its the NW;)

^
|
|
|

See

You NEVER plan anything around here and expect good weather for it until the week after the 4th of July. We have GORGEOUS weather before that but the clouds do sneak in randomely for a few days till that date.

There is only one place that would have the facilities and that is Kapowsin. They have the planes and Otter and Grand Caravan and a HUGE airport.

Thats what I said NW;) After the 4th is good, it used to be the 3rd week in July until I moved it to the EAST~ LOL. So something like the 19th to the 25th would do it? Would need to check other events in the area, including the Canadians eh? They have the Rainbow event up there around then dont they? Would love to see the Ferrington's again as well. I'll look into it. How much are jump tickets?

THe only other boogie event about then is Lost Prairie and not all that many people from this side of the mountains go over to LP.... some ... but not a lot percentage wise. Still it would be best to do it the week before during the middle of the month. It would draw from the Canadian DZ's just to the north in Vancouver and from the DZs in Oregon as well as Washington. Heck it might even get some of the California contingent on their way to Lost Prairie.

Nope no Rainbow Event that I know of.... I think that is over in the Toronto area.... 2000 miles away. There is a small boogie earlier in the summer just across the border on the east side of BC that gets the Farringtons Otter or Caravan. Jump tickies are $24

One thing is for sure... it wont have that stiffling humidity and temp indexes over 100 degrees. Not impossible to get HOT here.. but when it does.. its usually humidity of less than 50% when it does.

Pssst.. its the NW;)

^
|
|
|

See

THe only other boogie event about then is Lost Prairie and not all that many people from this side of the mountains go over to LP.... some ... but not a lot percentage wise. Still it would be best to do it the week before during the middle of the month. It would draw from the Canadian DZ's just to the north in Vancouver and from the DZs in Oregon as well as Washington. Heck it might even get some of the California contingent on their way to Lost Prairie.

Nope no Rainbow Event that I know of.... I think that is over in the Toronto area.... 2000 miles away. There is a small boogie earlier in the summer just across the border on the east side of BC that gets the Farringtons Otter or Caravan. Jump tickies are $24

One thing is for sure... it wont have that stiffling humidity and temp indexes over 100 degrees. Not impossible to get HOT here.. but when it does.. its usually humidity of less than 50% when it does.

Sh&! thats right, we used to be just before or overlapping LP back in the day, thats one reason I could never make it to LP when working for Sun Path, or had to go straight from SF to the WFFC, man I hated that. 20+ straight boogie days in a row, one of which I ran.uggh. Hmmm not sure if doing SF that close to LP and only a week before would be the best idea. But that does mean that maybe I could sneak over to it for a few days. what to do, what to do?

Oh and on the chest strap thing again, its just a temporary belly band anyway, remember those? Sure you do!:D

keep going to meets where its hotter than hell, with high humidity and near sea level. All that thick air slows ya down

Humid air will be lower density than drier air. It seems counter intuitive, but it is true.

Huh????

humid air is of lower density - it's a fact. H20 atomic weight is lower then "average" atomic weight of the air. since for any given temperature and pressure there is the same number of molecules in the given volume of the gas, in humid air some of the heavy "air molecules" are replaced by lighter water molecules, thus lowering overall atomic weight of the moist air and making it less dense.

airplanes perform the worst on hot humid days, when air density is the lowest.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Huh????

humid air is of lower density - it's a fact. H20 atomic weight is lower then "average" atomic weight of the air. since for any given temperature and pressure there is the same number of molecules in the given volume of the gas, in humid air some of the heavy "air molecules" are replaced by lighter water molecules, thus lowering overall atomic weight of the moist air and making it less dense.

airplanes perform the worst on hot humid days, when air density is the lowest.

I believe it... but it sure is counter intuitive like he said.

Density of Moist Air - an Air Vapor Mixture
The amount of water vapor in air influences density. Water vapor is a relatively light gas compared to diatomic Oxygen and diatomic Nitrogen - the dominant components in air.

When water vapor content increases in the moist air the amount of Oxygen and Nitrogen decreases per unit volume and the density decreases because the mass is decreasing.

and

The density of air varies as the temperature and moisture content in the air varies. When the temperature increases the higher molecular motion results in an expansion of the volume and thus decreasing the density.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/density-air-d_680.html

I have a few rigs around here with the belly bands.... with the pouch for the hand deploy pilot chute even.

Welllll how about a 4th of July Boogie here

Dont twist the belly band, might make for an interesting ride, well not as bad as an ROL though.

4th of July is not the best of time in my exp for a large event, at least not since the Nationals in OK. Being it was pretty much the only large event and before the Otter came into use. Seems to be split for family days, and depends on when it falls which is a Monday and that helps. let me look into it, will do some more research. But darn, that still puts two large events in the same month. How far is LP from your DZ?

I have a few rigs around here with the belly bands.... with the pouch for the hand deploy pilot chute even.

Welllll how about a 4th of July Boogie here

Dont twist the belly band, might make for an interesting ride, well not as bad as an ROL though.

4th of July is not the best of time in my exp for a large event, at least not since the Nationals in OK. Being it was pretty much the only large event and before the Otter came into use. Seems to be split for family days, and depends on when it falls which is a Monday and that helps. let me look into it, will do some more research. But darn, that still puts two large events in the same month. How far is LP from your DZ?

Distance from Shelton WA to Marion MT 567.8 miles, 8 hr 53 min

Remember now.. LP is always the last week of July over a 2 weekend long week.

Yes, her chest strap is riding unusually low, but that is where some ladies prefer their chest straps.

It looks like the yoke (from the top edge of reserve container to 3-Rings) was built for someone with larger shoulders than her.
The she rotated her shoulders forward, while hunched over on the step.
The she has really short MLWs (distance from 3-Ring to hip ring).
Which is why her chest strap rides unusually low.
In a perfect world, she would have started with a smaller yoke, stood up straight, etc.