ridestrong

What rig is the girl wearing on the cover of this months (Aug 2010) Parachutist?

That mid-section chest strap looks like a recipe for cracked ribs.

ETA: Maybe it's just the positioning in this photo?

I had my rigs made that way to keep "the girls" happy.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=660556#660556

Trust me.. the rig works just fine that way... and no it does not blow off when doing headdown.... and I have a VERY FAST headdown

Trust me.. the rig works just fine that way... and no it does not blow off when doing headdown.... and I have a VERY FAST headdown

No problems huh.... that's cool. I can see where it would benefit you. ;)

Looks like at the least it could knock the wind out of you in the event of a hard opening.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

No problems huh.... that's cool. I can see where it would benefit you. ;)

Looks like at the least it could knock the wind out of you in the event of a hard opening.

Oh I have had an opening hard enough to blow up a Triathlon and blow 5 lines on it when I dumped at a speed a tad higher than recommended. That thread is on here too.. it did ring my bells pretty good..but it did not knock the wind out of me at all.

The third picture the one with the OLD black Javelin harness with the chest strap in the normal place.... FUCKING hurt when ever I had to use the old backup rig I bought. The GIRLS did not like that rig at all.... EVER.

I've always known that as "The Amazon Mod".
:D

.... and I have a VERY FAST headdown

Ridestrong, you can believe that.
http://www.hangout.no/speed/records_usa.htm

...and that was from a few years ago...she's faster now.

Jeanne...I couldn't locate the current US/World records and rankings.
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I might be way off here but I think it's a Voodoo. It looks like the bottom of the main container is quite round.

I don't think there's any issue with the chest strap there, just sayin that to me the rig looks like a Voodoo[:/]

I got nuthin

Oh yeah, Amazon goes head down way faster than Pam Anderson ever could on Tommy Lee. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I might be way off here but I think it's a Voodoo. It looks like the bottom of the main container is quite round.

I don't think there's any issue with the chest strap there, just sayin that to me the rig looks like a Voodoo[:/]

The picture is on Hypoxic's Facebook page... Javelin...

To the OP, I like my chest strap below the girls too.

DUUUUUDE that is old shit;)

This is from the Skyfest 2008 ISSA World Cup meet.

male ranking meet result
1. Labhart Christian (SUI) 449.66
2. Snigir Stan (USA) 425.44
3. von Schmalensee Frederik (SWE) 410.61

female ranking meet result
1. Cameron Jeanne (USA) 412.51
2. Olson Jessey (CAN) 199.97
3. Maricle Tanya (USA) 135.57

Congratulations for national records:
Jeanne Cameron (USA) 421.81 km/h average speed
Jessy Olson (CAN) 314.7 km/h average speed

DUUUUUDE that is old shit;)

This is from the Skyfest 2008 ISSA World Cup meet.

***male ranking meet result
1. Labhart Christian (SUI) 449.66
2. Snigir Stan (USA) 425.44
3. von Schmalensee Frederik (SWE) 410.61

so it yours! :)

from http://gssdb.speedskydiving.eu/hall_of_fame.php?links=off

Stan Snigir World Cup Belgium - Spa - 468.70 National Record

:)

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

It's probably just the way she's hunched, and then, on top of that, as most women have already agreed with in here, it's just more comfortable to keep the chest strap below the ladies. Most men like it, especially if a jump suit isn't worn and the boobs make an appearance. I'm pretty sure that's how I picked up my boyfriend.... ;) When I pull, my chest strap comes up to just above my breasts, but, it's still comfortable there.

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

Shy lady that you are, you didn't mention that your speed is 3rd in the world for women.

Yeah I gotta work on that once I get my shoulder rebuilt.[:/][:/]

I REALLLLY need to get to one of the World Cup events in Europe where the air is thinner at the higher elevation DZ's. I keep going to meets where its hotter than hell, with high humidity and near sea level. All that thick air slows ya down:ph34r:

Shy lady that you are, you didn't mention that your speed is 3rd in the world for women.

I REALLLLY need to get to one of the World Cup events in Europe where the air is thinner at the higher elevation DZ's. I keep going to meets where its hotter than hell, with high humidity and near sea level. All that thick air slows ya down:ph34r:

Still complaining about SkyFest temps are ya? geez! :P Maybe one day I can take it to Europe, problem is I may never bring it back. LOL Why not Mile Hi? Bet you could leave a contrail there!:)

keep going to meets where its hotter than hell, with high humidity and near sea level. All that thick air slows ya down

Humid air will be lower density than drier air. It seems counter intuitive, but it is true.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Still complaining about SkyFest temps are ya? geez! :P Maybe one day I can take it to Europe, problem is I may never bring it back. LOL Why not Mile Hi? Bet you could leave a contrail there!:)

Mile High would be a great place to hold a meet:)
Trouble is.. there just are not that many people willing to compete over here. I would love to see it but for now I think my best option is just to heal and then start training again and go to the World Cup events in Europe.

And yeah... DUDE you need to have a Skyfest someplace with a little milder weather. I know you guys can cope with that hot ass summer weather since you all live it all the time.. but for me... I prefer something a bit more moderate in summer. I grew up in a climatalogically abusive family, winters in WI and summers in FL SUCKED, that is why I like this 4000 mile wide air conditioner just to the west of me. It keeps those summer temps down in the manageable range like today 84 degrees F with 60% humidity... just a wee bit hot for around here;)http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/USWA0395

Mile High would be a great place to hold a meet:)
Trouble is.. there just are not that many people willing to compete over here. I would love to see it but for now I think my best option is just to heal and then start training again and go to the World Cup events in Europe.

And yeah... DUDE you need to have a Skyfest someplace with a little milder weather. I know you guys can cope with that hot ass summer weather since you all live it all the time.. but for me... I prefer something a bit more moderate in summer. I grew up in a climatalogically abusive family, winters in WI and summers in FL SUCKED, that is why I like this 4000 mile wide air conditioner just to the west of me. It keeps those summer temps down in the manageable range like today 84 degrees F with 60% humidity... just a wee bit hot for around here;)http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/USWA0395

Your the greatest! You are consistent that is for sure! And stubborn too!;) Soooooo...hmmmmm....you know we have talked about the NW before, care to send me some info on local, dates (usually go for at least 5 days, and what other major events would I need to schedule around) and what the DZ has in regards to hook ups, showers,AC etc....Maybe I am tired of the heat too! I'm in GA now and I swear I might as well be in Houston TX! freakn crazy! 97 with a heat index of 110 and humid!

Oh and that is Erin in the photo, she certainly has her share of the "ladies" as well (hope you do not mind me saying so Erin). Sure that the chest strap is not as low as it looks.

Pssst.. its the NW;)

Seattle is here in this corner geographically:)
^
|
|
|

See

You NEVER plan anything around here and expect good weather for it until the week after the 4th of July. We have GORGEOUS weather before that but the clouds do sneak in randomely for a few days till that date.

There is only one place that would have the facilities and that is Kapowsin. They have the planes and Otter and Grand Caravan and a HUGE airport.