virgin-burner

Sky Tie - do you use one or not!?

just got myself one the other day and did a jump with it; while on the ground, i kinda expected i couldnt reach it, but in the air, no problems, and it held up good so far (on the one jump), even with a 90°-approach..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

While I have a slider on yes. However, I have had it pop and release my slider when I have my chest strap fully open, to a point that the slider rides back up the risers and makes rear riser use on landing less then ideal.

I prefer my RDS now.

/needs to put it back on now that it is repaired.

For the ten people that voted they don't know what a sky tie is:
http://www.skysystemsusa.com/accessories/SkyTie.htm

thank you!

i was wondering if i should put it in the canopy-control and swooping-forum, but i thought, GSD would be better fitted; boy, was i WRONG!!! B|

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Took this with the phone but basic idea is get the skytye over the side flaps of the reserve cover and you are golden. Mind you I have a 176 pd reserve and that is the sizing that is going on, but it has worked well for me and I have confirmed with my rigger that it would not cause an issue with my EP's should tha be needed.

I have an I45 with a PD-R 176 in it. It fits fine for me. A bit of tension on the sides but really not enough to be any issue for me. I know of people who have smaller containers than me and have a skytye and it works well for them as well as looks good on the rig.

I have one, but I don't use it. I can't be bothered, I'm busy watching out for traffic and entering the pattern, after I open my canopy, and I don't have a highly elliptical one anyway. I used it for a while, then I got into 100-way skydiving, and stopped using it, and now I don't use it at all.

Maybe that means I should sell it, or maybe I'm a dirty low puller. I don't know.

I just collapse the slider and loosen the chest strap a bit, that's all.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Nobody explained why they thought it was dangerous. It makes me nervous to mess with a reserve flap. There's probably extremely low potential for entanglement with pilot chute or bridal or interefere with the rsl. But if it ever happens one time, I'll bet they'll all be removed.

Who'd have thought you could have a main/reserve entanglement from a hair braid? Talk to Merriah Eakins about that one.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3662877;search_string=hair%20braid;#3662877
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video