tetra316

Camping at Skydive Dallas in August

It will be nasty humid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not stay in the bunk room? Its free, all you have to bring is covers and a pillow.:)
http://www.skydivedallas.com/Site/Dropzone.aspx?topic=lodging

Or do like i do and stay in the game room were it is quieter most of the time;)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Oh your gonna be there during the 36 ways:$ Sorry yea.....not the best idea then. Sorry......unless heat does not bother (at all) u then i would go with the hotel.

There was a time when I was younger that I had no problem tenting it or staying in the bunks, but at my age and there on, there's no better substitute than a nice bed in a hotel room where I can also take a nice hot bath in the tub with a beer or two. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So is it bearable? I'll be there the 3rd week in August and deciding between a hotel in Sherman or tenting it. Or is it too hot and humid for tenting?

I live in Central Texas and it's actually relatively cool this summer so far, I suspect that will be the same in August.
At night it really isn't THAT hot (80's). During the day however a tent is going to be a solar oven. If you can do something with yourself during the day I think you'll be just fine especially if you already know what tenting is.

Oh Sher-town (Sherman). I grew up there, went to high school there...left there. Anyways, the better hotels are on Hwy 82 and Hwy 75 near the Wal-Mart. Most of the other hotels in town are old and really crappy, but those are the newer ones. Stayed in the Holiday Inn Express there just last month and it was nice enough.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You might want to check into the number of RV hookups they have available and either buddy up with an RV owner or rent a pop-up with generator.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

My dog and I camp or sleep in my truck in all seasons @ Skydive Dallas.

It will be hotter than the hinges of Hell in Aug @ Skydive Dallas. Sleeping in a tent will likely be a miserable experience which will result in sleep deprivation and lousy performance the next day.

There is a motel nearby in Trenton (SE of the DZ) which I have used when my wife visited the DZ overnight for Ernie's legendary annual party!

Regarding RV hookups--- I don't believe that there any open slots.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Unlike Dave, I didn't grow up there, but have had grandparents, and later my own parents living in Sherman area so have spent a lot of time up there. I camp a pretty good deal, and backpack ... and I live in Texas. I would NOT want to camp up there this time of year. If you get cool nights, it might not be TOO bad, but you are just as likely to have overnight lows above 80, and that makes it pretty hard to get a decent sleep. I'm with those who suggest looking into a motel or other arrangements that offer some a/c!! That said, I don't agree with a prior post about humidity. I live in Houston, and we have serious humidity down here near the coast. Up that way, the humidity is not nearly as much a problem unless you are just used to very dry air.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

So is it bearable? I'll be there the 3rd week in August and deciding between a hotel in Sherman or tenting it. Or is it too hot and humid for tenting?

Just bring a window unit and you will freeze your ass off after the sun sets.

Don't go away mad....just go away!

Bring a tent. I planned on sleeping in the bed of my pickup but the mosquitoes were pretty bad, ended up sleeping in the cab.

Get one of THESE .

Only downside is no running to the gas station with it up...B|

Hmm... rachet straps and some netting... bet we could fix that too!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message