e.a.hernandez

Dissapointed with Aerodyne

"Thinking outside the box" is commendable.
Vilifying a reputable manufacturer who may have made a mistake is not. Not everyone who has seen this thread will see whatever positive (or negative) result it incurs. They'll just read far enough to see "disappointed in XXXX."

I agree the method wasnt the best. My reply was more so to all the people in this thread telling him "Thats just the way it is so deal with it like the rest of us."

I personally dont believe in "That's just the way it is." :)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

the squeaky wheel does get the oil.

I agree. That's why I suggested that if he had done the right thing, he should have expected a T-shirt, or something similar.

As it sits, we don't know what he's getting, and like I said I hope it's a big glass of 'shut the fuck up'.

Let's keep in mind there's a good chance the person who made the mistake was a jumper. Now think about how you would feel if you made a mistake like that at your job. Even if you don't have to hear about from 'upper management', you still blew it in front of your co-workers. Not the makings of a good day at the office.

So this guy had a chance to help out a jumper, or at least a company that caters to and employs a good number of jumpers. Instead, he tried to take advantage, made an issue out of it, and then posted it on a public forum.

I don't know if the OP is a dick, but that's some dick-like behavior for sure.

"Thinking outside the box" is commendable.
Vilifying a reputable manufacturer who may have made a mistake is not. Not everyone who has seen this thread will see whatever positive (or negative) result it incurs. They'll just read far enough to see "disappointed in XXXX."

I agree the method wasnt the best. My reply was more so to all the people in this thread telling him "Thats just the way it is so deal with it like the rest of us."

I personally dont believe in "That's just the way it is." :)

Two years ago I bought a Dyson vacuum from woot.com for $99.00. If you know WOOT, then you know that they sometimes come up with crazy deals.
The next day I received an apology letter explaining there was a computer glitch and they were terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I also received a refund rounded up to the nearest dollar (I gained a nickel in the transaction).
Sometimes "that's just the way it is."
I still buy from WOOT when they have something I want and I'm lucky enough to be in early.
Mistakes happen. Taking advantage of them, particularly when it's a small company with "family" working it, is eggregious and mean-spirited, IMO.
"Dude, I have video of you busting a cloud and your DZ competes with mine. I just sent the video to the FAA."
Shitty thing to do, but it's the same principle; calling attention to an error for your own personal gain.

I see no nessecity of you using the f word. I am sharing my opinion in the forum.

I'm the bad guy for dropping the F bomb, but it's cool for you to try and take advantage of an obvious error from Aerodyne, and then swear off their products in a public forum bacause your bad behavoir wasn't rewarded, right?

Pardon my fucking language, but I'll take my cues as to what is, and is not, right from someone with a better track record.

I see no nessecity of you using the f word. I am sharing my opinion in the forum.

I'm the bad guy for dropping the F bomb, but it's cool for you to try and take advantage of an obvious error from Aerodyne, and then swear off their products in a public forum bacause your bad behavoir wasn't rewarded, right?

Pardon my fucking language, but I'll take my cues as to what is, and is not, right from someone with a better track record.

Hey, watch your fucking mouth!
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I am sharing my opinion in the forum. That is what the forum is here for. I have not complained about their product. People can read the post and come to their conclusion. Do you or others think I am overreacting and have not reason to not want to buy a Pilot over this? If so you/they can post their opinion (as has being done). That somebody will read the title and come to a premature conclusion is not my responsability. As can be seem most people do not even agree with my opinion.

I am sharing my opinion in the forum. That is what the forum is here for. I have not complained about their product. People can read the post and come to their conclusion. Do you or others think I am overreacting and have not reason to not want to buy a Pilot over this? If so you/they can post their opinion (as has being done). That somebody will read the title and come to a premature conclusion is not my responsability. As can be seem most people do not even agree with my opinion.

Mistakes happen. If you were running a small business, and your product that sells for 2000.00 was advertised for 200.00 because someone (regardless who) made a mistake. Would you sell the product for 200 just because there was an online glitch, or someone who posted the ad in a newspaper/magazine made a mistake?

Let's see if I have this right... You're pissed because you'll have to pay what the rest of us pay for a good canopy? This clearely was not a bait and switch ploy to steal your money or make you pay more than you wanted. Honest mistakes happen! Take the high road here and say "I'm dissapointed, but, I'll live"! Move on! Smile! (and all that shit) ;) Keep your eyes open, good deals do come along.

yeppers!

and i got kinda VERY good deals on main AND reserve.. which i'm very happy about! but yea, i still paid more than that.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

If you were selling your Tri 190 in the classifieds and accidentally put $300 instead of $800, would you honor it if someone said they would buy it?

You didn't answer the first part of my question from the second post on your topic. Wonder why?
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

I am still trying to figure out what convoluted logic you are using that makes you feel like they Owe you something?

Why are you entitled to a discount?

Entitlement generation much? >:(

"You made a mistake! You OWE me."

Fuck off. With that attitute I hope the times that you make honest mistakes in your life, you get taken to the cleaners for them... or maybe you'll expect people to forgive you?

Attitudes like the OP's piss me right off.

I am still trying to figure out what convoluted logic you are using that makes you feel like they Owe you something?

Why are you entitled to a discount?

Entitlement generation much? >:(

"You made a mistake! You OWE me."

Fuck off. With that attitute I hope the times that you make honest mistakes in your life, you get taken to the cleaners for them... or maybe you'll expect people to forgive you?

Attitudes like the OP's piss me right off.

Jesus Christ, people, why not just find his house and shoot his dog?
We've all told him he's wrong, OK? No need to boil him in oil.

That somebody will read the title and come to a premature conclusion is not my responsability.

Yes it bloody is.

Andy, in the same way I'm fed up of offering advice to newer people to try and keep them safe because they always know better, I'm also fed up with seeing diminishing personal responsibility.

The OP doesn't care if we agree with him or not. He just wants 2 things.
A freebie from Aerodyne and a chance to have a dig at a manufacturer with no comeback.

Sorry if you approve of that, and I'm not suggesting anyone should forma lynch mob, but I don't believe that the OP has never made a mistake in his life and that he's never simply apologised and moved on... How is that OK for him and not for Aerodyne?
How is he to learn that it's an unacceptable attitude if people don't tell him?

If anyone should shut the fuck up it should be Mr. Internet instructor who spends all day, every day, writing lengthy bombastic dick head sky god replies to every poor soul who dares to ask a question on dz.com. For christ sake man, give it a rest. Man, I feel sorry for your wife, or dog, or whoever has to deal with your ego on a daily basis.

That somebody will read the title and come to a premature conclusion is not my responsability.

Yes it bloody is.

Andy, in the same way I'm fed up of offering advice to newer people to try and keep them safe because they always know better, I'm also fed up with seeing diminishing personal responsibility.

A freebie from Aerodyne and a chance to have a dig at a manufacturer with no comeback.

Sorry if you approve of that, and I'm not suggesting anyone should forma lynch mob, but I don't believe that the OP has never made a mistake in his life and that he's never simply apologised and moved on... How is that OK for him and not for Aerodyne?

You didn't even quote me. Re-read my post and get a grip. Or not. whatever.

If anyone should shut the fuck up it should be Mr. Internet instructor who spends all day, every day, writing lengthy bombastic dick head sky god replies to every poor soul who dares to ask a question on dz.com. For christ sake man, give it a rest. Man, I feel sorry for your wife, or dog, or whoever has to deal with your ego on a daily basis.

Come on Mike, tell me how you really feel. Just let it all out, get the poison out of your system.

Yes it bloody is.

You didn't even quote me. Re-read my post and get a grip. Or not. whatever.

I wasn't trying to quote you. I was replying to a point by the original poster.

Then I was talking to you - The whole new paragraph thing starting with your name I thought would give it away... :D

If you really want to get into the pettyness of arguing post structure, we can... or not. Whatever. ;)

This is like being back in primary school.

I'm done with your Trolling.

To get back on topic:

to the OP - why do you think that Aerodyne should honour an genuine mistake? Think legally, then morally - they're not necesarily the same thing.
Would you honestly think the same if you'd just paid full price for a new Aerodyne canopy and someone came on the next day and made your exact first post?

I wake up this morning and see a Pilot 168 for about $1300 in Aerodyne's stock list. I inmideately bought it. Then I get a call to inform me that it was a glitch in the system and that they can't sell it for that price. I really appreciate their call and everything but I am very dissapointed as I really was expecting my pilot 168. I will not purchase a Pilot now but something else. Nothing wrong with the pilot or Aerodyne's products (I have a Smart reserve and jump a Triathlon 190) it just that I am pissed. Is it reasonable to be dissapointed? I guess this is one of those too good to be true instances...

blue ones

Aerodyne distributor Mike Mullins is the man. We came to a resolution and I am very happy/satisfied.