FlyingFrank

Names of skydiving tricks?

I am new to skydiving and I saw in another thread that someone posted two videos where people do a 4-way tube exit, and the other video is the horny gorilla. I was laughing my ass off on both videos, and I was wondering if there are any more awesome tricks like this that I can look up. Thanks
Some people spend their whole lives afraid to die that they never truly live.

I am new to skydiving and I saw in another thread that someone posted two videos where people do a 4-way tube exit, and the other video is the horny gorilla. I was laughing my ass off on both videos, and I was wondering if there are any more awesome tricks like this that I can look up. Thanks

Nope. That's it. You've seen it all.

;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

The second biggest trick in skydiving is getting somebody else to pay for your jumps. This trick goes by various names and might actually take a bit of skill to pull off.

The biggest trick of all is called "turning a profit." Extremely difficult and only a handful of people can do it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"Mr Bill."

Or for the real gold, "Mr Bill gone wrong";)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There is the ever popular "clusterfuck."

This is sometimes called a "flower" or "shuttlecock" but the key difference is it is usually performed by 3-6 jumpers that dont know how to fly or exit head down but think they can.

Bonus points for not letting go and ripping off the other jumpers sleeves.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

"Mr Bill."

Or for the real gold, "Mr Bill gone wrong";)

:o whoa. I don't know about that one. I guess if the other guy has a parachute as well it's ok, but without one, no way. Love the responses in this thread, though. You guys keep me entertained while at work.

>>Or for the real gold, "Mr Bill gone wrong"Wink

>whoa. I don't know about that one. I guess if the other guy has a
>parachute as well it's ok, but without one, no way.

Oh, there are plenty of ways to screw up Mr. Bills even when both people have parachutes!

There's the "magic carpet" which is basically a tube only wider (two or three people abreast), and you don't close it into a circle. Success rate on these, regardless of success criteria chosen, is usually rather low.

There's also a "cube" (I've heard it called other things) which is like a horny gorilla in that two people are leg-locked but then the other two are head down and everyone holds the calves of the people next to them. This is actually a really stable formation if the head down folks sorta know what they're doing.

Love the responses in this thread, though. You guys keep me entertained while at work.

People are looking at me funny cause I burst out laughing. "Why is having such a good time at work??"

thanks guys :)
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

There's the "magic carpet" which is basically a tube only wider (two or three people abreast), and you don't close it into a circle. Success rate on these, regardless of success criteria chosen, is usually rather low.

Haven't played about with that for a long time, but remember doing a 6 way launch with two interlinked three person tubes. Was actually extremely solid out the door, and flew well for about 2k ft. About two seconds after it finally started oscillating though, the explosion was spectacular:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You can also ask somebody to do a fruitloop to you. But don't ask him what it is, the surprise factor is part of the fun :P

The LAST thing I want to do is have some crazy guy do something crazy to me without knowing what's going on. I have a feeling this is more along the lines of something like an elephant walk out the plane.... bleh. :|

Haven't played about with that for a long time, but remember doing a 6 way launch with two interlinked three person tubes. Was actually extremely solid out the door, and flew well for about 2k ft. About two seconds after it finally started oscillating though, the explosion was spectacular:P

What you talkin' 'bout? Magic Carpets are always successful. Oscillations are usually somewhat normal for the most part and the explosion is gonna happen ....just a matter of when! :D "Unsuccessful" would be if someone gets dumped out before the explosion. :P

You can also ask somebody to do a fruitloop to you. But don't ask him what it is, the surprise factor is part of the fun :P

The LAST thing I want to do is have some crazy guy do something crazy to me without knowing what's going on. I have a feeling this is more along the lines of something like an elephant walk out the plane.... bleh. :|

but but....look at your sig line!:P

seriously, its not dangerous once you learn how to arch, and its not done at breakoff...where do u jump?:):):)
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

but but....look at your sig line!:P

seriously, its not dangerous once you learn how to arch, and its not done at breakoff...where do u jump?:):):)

Haha, damn bro. You really wanna see someone's reaction when you do this, huh? If I jump, as of right now it'd be at Skydive Spaceland in Houston. Work has me traveling around a bit for a while, but I'll be sure to have someone film it when I do that and post it on here.

The wingsuit rodeo looked awesome! I still like watching people do a tube exit, then explode all over the sky.

What you talkin' 'bout? Magic Carpets are always successful. Oscillations are usually somewhat normal for the most part and the explosion is gonna happen ....just a matter of when! :D "Unsuccessful" would be if someone gets dumped out before the explosion. :P

The "oscillations" are why we gave it the name.
It looked like a magic carpet flying through the air. :D

The whole point is to do a head-down linked exit and
hold on for dear life. That is pretty much "success".

At 8,000ft - and about 200mph - nobody can hold on anymore. That is just how it works. B|

(It never was supposed to be a tube)

I tried a horny gorilla once...but it quickly turned into an impotent monkey ;)

Dont ask... dont tell :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message