scholarkyle

Mirage misspelled "than".

Anyone catch the misspelling by Mirage of the word "t-h-a-n" in this month's Parachutist? About 15 pages in it reads "Nothing makes them drop faster then a man in a Mirage". Would be a much better ad without the spelling mistake.

My mom's an English teacher so I picked up on the grammar faux pas immediately :P. Now I'm not saying I never make mistakes and I know they make a fantastic rig but I got quite the chuckle that a company that makes lifesaving equipment just made a 3rd grade spelling error in what is about the most public forum possible among skydivers hahahaha. I'd fire someone in my marketing department!

:S:D:D:D:S

Nice catch! How did nobody else notice this?:D:P

My excuse is because I havnt gotten mine this month... stupid mail system!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It is not a misspelling (it is worse). Many do not recognize they are using the wrong word.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

They were all in SC pointing out the grammar errors to the posters above them...:P

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

They were all in SC pointing out the grammar errors to the posters above them...:P

;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yup, noticed it immediately. Perhaps some people were distracted by the image of the woman & the skimpy garment. At my age, I have no reason to believe she's taking it off for me, so I'm free to notice spelling & grammar w/out being burdened by other matters.

Reminds me of a brief "debate" I had in 10th grade English class. I said the proper phrase is "must have..." while another student preferred "must of...." She cited a song title by the J. Geils band that was popular at the time: "Must of Got Lost." The teacher smiled in amusement before awarding me my hard-won victory.

Not that it mattered. I didn't have a "D" license so it went unrecognized... ;)

Cheers,
Jon S.

Nice catch! How did nobody else notice this?

They were too occupied with naughty thoughts from the photo in the ad. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

LOL they didnt misspell it, they misused it. Mr Son of a English teacher :)

Haha. True enough. Maybe I should call her and apologize. Funny thing is I carefully proofread my post before finalizing because I knew it'd be doubly embarrassing to make a grammar error when correcting someone's grammar haha.
Kinda like when I totally forgot the lines to a speech on human memory I gave in a high school communications class. :D