jump2live

AFF on Tuesday

Hello all,

I'm finally doing it! I am officially scheduled to start my AFF on Tuesday! A little nervous already, can't imagine come Monday night. Hopefully I get some cool instructors that calm my nerves a little. I was just wondering what completing the AFF course means?

If I complete the AFF no problem does it mean I can then jump solo? The place I'm doing it includes the USPA membership as part of the cost, so does that mean my completion of the AFF will be recognized at any USPA dropzone and I can then jump at those places solo too? What about non-USPA facilities?

If hooked immediately, when is the best time to think about getting your own gear (thinking about saving on paying for rental fees) and learning to pack?

Any input's appreciated!

Hello all,

I'm finally doing it! I am officially scheduled to start my AFF on Tuesday! A little nervous already, can't imagine come Monday night. Hopefully I get some cool instructors that calm my nerves a little. I was just wondering what completing the AFF course means?

If I complete the AFF no problem does it mean I can then jump solo? The place I'm doing it includes the USPA membership as part of the cost, so does that mean my completion of the AFF will be recognized at any USPA dropzone and I can then jump at those places solo too? What about non-USPA facilities?

If hooked immediately, when is the best time to think about getting your own gear (thinking about saving on paying for rental fees) and learning to pack?

Any input's appreciated!

You'll do the AFF levels, then get cleared for solo. From there you'll do solo jumps and most likely coach jumps to get to 25, the minimum for the A license. The USPA membership is just that, a membership. You get the magazine, but you still have to send in your application for licenses (A, B, C, D, and other ratings).

You should learn to pack before getting your A license.
For gear, ideally you'll want to find some soon after getting your license, intructors and others at a DZ will help you with that, not the internet.
Stay high pull low