jaffo

It's August...Anyone else missing the WFFC

It's called Nationals.

At WFFC, I could jump with Airspeed or the Golden Knights. Can I jump with Airspeed and the GK's at Nationals?

At Nationals most people are focused on competing, not socializing. During the jump day they are in their own little team world (as they should be at a competition), and the serious ones won't be partying at all. I don't know many people willing to throw away thousands of dollars in training - not to mention the respect of their teammates - by going big at the parties when they are competing the next day.

At boogies most people are focused on fun jumping and socializing. That's part of what made the WFFC so awesome - lots of fun people to jump and party with. I mean, you aren't likely to be hanging by the swoop pond with a beer in your hand as the sunrise balloon loads arrive in full gear at Nationals... :D

It depends on what you're looking for, I guess. For those who don't get off on competing, Nationals would be a waste of money and time; likewise for those who aren't into partying and zoo loads, big boogies would be a waste of money and time...

It would be interesting to have one say every 5 years with the idea of offering something worth coming to from everywhere in the world. B|

You could count me in all the way from here! Just as I got good enough jumping-wise and got the finances to attend, it was all over... [:/] I should have been born earlier...
dudeist skydiver #42

At WFFC, I could jump with Airspeed or the Golden Knights. Can I jump with Airspeed and the GK's at Nationals?

I hear ya. I gret tired of all these new little skydivers saying (well we have turbines @ many DZ's now.) I say so what. The WFFC was about comradeship & just having fun. Also jumping with friends you havent seen in a while etc. I just freggin miss it.

The WFFC was about comradeship & just having fun. Also jumping with friends you havent seen in a while etc. I just freggin miss it.

Come to Lost Prairie next year. Much smaller but the same kinda vibe. Not to mention a beautiful place. :)

I left the sport in 2001 and was sad to hear/read that the WFFC was gone when I came back.

I'm not sure why no one has stepped up to organize a large gathering like this since. Has got to be money in it and usually there's 5 people lined up for ideas that make money.

Ryder

:(:(:(:(:(:(
I didn't know it was gone. Where else are ya gonna jump a balloon AND a JET in the same day? Party til dawn... jump your ass off... repeat & rinse :D
What a drag it is no more.

The 727 Jet hasn't been around for YEARS... Perris had bought a DC9 for use and did a few events with it but its been down for maintenance for about 2 years now.

The days of the Jet being around are gone and I don't look for them to return soon. AmeriJet is using the plane for Zero-G rides now and will not even talk about jumpers again.

Luckily there are still lots of Balloons around and a few DZ's either have bought their own Balloon or have relationships with vendors to jump them any time they want to.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The 727 Jet hasn't been around for YEARS... Perris had bought a DC9 for use and did a few events with it but its been down for maintenance for about 2 years now.

The days of the Jet being around are gone and I don't look for them to return soon. AmeriJet is using the plane for Zero-G rides now and will not even talk about jumpers again.

BUMMER! I have to admit, I never did jump that 727. Always wanted to. I just never got around to it.
I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the jet jumps I got on a military static line. In fact my first 5 jumps ever were from C-141s in jump school at Ft. Benning.
I missed the chance I had to skydive from a C-5 when I had a broken wrist from a no-wind landing. B|