devarona

Best view from altitude

Hey, Im gonna go to couch freaks in September and Im planning on heading somewhere else right after the boogie. Im planning on jumping at any dropzone with an awesome view for a video I want to make. Post your best dropzone in terms of view and let me know! Europe, Asia, wherever!!

I normally jump at Z-Hills and from altitude you get a nice view of the Gulf of Mexico, but for one of the best water views, go to Sebastian. Gorgeous view of the Atlantic and it's just a mile or so away. Deland also has a really nice view of the Atlantic, just a little further away. Occasionally you get to watch a rocket launch from the cape too.
Dano

ive heard from deland on a super clear day you can see both the gulf and atlantic, though iv e never been keen enough/ lucky enough to notice.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Jason's DZ down in Puerto Rico!
Really nice people!
A lot of the exits are over the ocean, most are at least near the ocean.
Great view of the beach, and they also do beach landings.
Great view of the Arecibo Light House.
Huge mountains in the back ground when looking towards the island from altitude and when flying in under canopy. It's pretty cool to be at about 3,000ft and looking up to see the tops of the mountains
Great view of the Arecibo Observatory. Several movies have been filmed there.
I've been told that at certain times of the year, you can whale watch during the climb to altitude.
Other scenic views,,,, Hot Girls!! ( chicas calientes ) ;)

Lot's a Medalla and Medalla Light!B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZBKCSf9bfM&feature=fvsr

www.xtremedivers.com

Highly recommended!

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Really nice people!
Huge mountains in the back ground when looking towards the island from altitude and when flying in under canopy. It's pretty cool to be at about 3,000ft and looking up to see the tops of the mountains
I've been told that at certain times of the year, you can whale watch during the climb to altitude.

www.xtremedivers.com

Highly recommended!

I only jumped in Puerto Rico once. Unfortunately it was a military tactical jump from about 800 ft with a T-10 so I didn't get to see much. But Puerto Rico was gorgeous! I'd like to be able to go back someday for a boogie.

I remember a poster, some time ago who was talking about a dropzone in Austria, which had mountains on both sides. During freefall, you were passing beside the mountains. This sounded so cool!

Another DZ I like allot, is Skydive Monterey Bay, in California. 18,000ft, a very fast KA 200, and a great view.

http://www.sky-chaser.com/drawing/caskypan.gif

I love the view from Elsinore. Nice mountains right there and you can see the Pacific Ocean beyond them.
Red Rock Skydiving in Arizona. The trip to altitude takes you right over the red cliffs of Sedona.
Skydive N'awlens. Kind of a tandem factory, but the view of Lake Ponchatrain is really beautiful.
Gold Coast Skydivers. Good enough view I guess, but it's such a great place to go I just had to mention it.
Z Hills at night. Magical.
But what do I know?

Hi Ed,
Yup, Right on 'bout "Slidell" and "Gold Coast!!" I grew up in Skydiving down there a long, long time ago, thanks for jogging the old braincells!! As for nice"Scenery" where ever you jump, doesn't matter, it's "Everywhere!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

the ones i really love are over the beach, or any snow covered winter shot. either of those are some of the best views i can think of, find dropzones with either of those and thats the best view in my book
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Locarno Switzerland. The Alps on 3 sides and a lake on the fourth. Gorgeous. Twas funny tho - I was from Texas which is pretty much flat...

Went there on business so just rented gear (including a metric altimeter). They told me not to pull above 1 (~ 3k) for some reason that was lost in translation. Doing a solo, mountains start rushing by at 6k (2 on the altimeter.) With nothing to do but contemplate the ground rush, I never ever made it past 1.5 before pulling (i.e. 4500 feet). Mountains had been rushing by for what seemed like forever and humming it to 1! - I just couldn't do it :-)

Yep, the new view from a place you've never jumped can't be beat. I wish I could jump at every DZ there is. I should add the jump at Emeral Coast into the Floribama bar. My best was a wipe out into the sand, which might sound funny, but when a drunk chick called me a 'sugar cookie,' that became a running joke with my wife that still hasn't grown old.
But what do I know?

Really nice people!

www.xtremedivers.com

Highly recommended!

I think he has seen that view before, since thats his home DZ :P
btw, we changed location 5 months ago. now we are closer to the ocean :)
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I only jumped in Puerto Rico once. Unfortunately it was a military tactical jump from about 800 ft with a T-10 so I didn't get to see much. But Puerto Rico was gorgeous! I'd like to be able to go back someday for a boogie.

Start making plans! PR Freefall Festival IX...February 9-13, 2011
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Locarno Switzerland. The Alps on 3 sides and a lake on the fourth. Gorgeous.

Sounds interesting. I liked both Elsinore and Kapowsin. Elsinore has the lake and mountains. Kapow has Mt St Helens, Mt Baker, Mt Rainier, Mt Adams, the Puget Sound, the Pacific Ocean, and the Olympic Mountains.

I also really enjoyed a sunset jump over the mountains in Orange, VA.
Brian

Yep, the new view from a place you've never jumped can't be beat. I wish I could jump at every DZ there is. I should add the jump at Emeral Coast into the Floribama bar. My best was a wipe out into the sand, which might sound funny, but when a drunk chick called me a 'sugar cookie,' that became a running joke with my wife that still hasn't grown old.

Hi Ed,
:D:D "Sugar Cookie!!" that's funny! I could imagine a Southern Girl with a Alabama accent saying that!! :D:ph34r:;)B|
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Skydive Coastal Carolinas...

DZ is a half mile as the crow flies from the ocean, maybe a mile at most! Beach Jumps whenever!!!

I will echo Sebastian is beautiful, but Coastal is my favorite. Do have fond memories of the Shawanagunks at The Ranch in NY with the Hudson too.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Cape Town, SA www.skydivecapetown.za.net
Swakopmund, Namibia www.skydiveswakop.com.na
Empuriabrava, Spain www.skydiveempuriabrava.com

Skydive Cape Town has the ocean with Table Mountain and Robbin Island in the background. Swakopmund is lunar-like desert meets the ocean. Empuria has mountains and a great bay on Mediterranean.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"