jaffo

How many of the military people on here learned to skydive in the civilian world?

Long time ago I was in the USAF and started skydiving in the civilian world, at Star, Idaho. The rest, as they say, is history.

I started at Star as well, 8 years after joining the USAF.

I hope I never get a military jump cause that means an ejection.. B|

Long time ago I was in the USAF and started skydiving in the civilian world, at Star, Idaho. The rest, as they say, is history.

I started at Star as well, 8 years after joining the USAF.

I hope I never get a military jump cause that means an ejection.. B|

I would love to see that logbook entry...

Fucking plane lost a wing, punched out...

2 meters from target.

:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

by luck landed an awesome job in 98 and started skydiving in 2000. Lost the job and couldn't find anything good enough to pay the rent with only a high school education so I went into the army in 04. Never went airborn or anything like that but jumped almost every weekend while on active duty.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Was in the Air Force but joined the local civilian DZ (Alamo Skydivers, San Antonio Tx, 1975).

The best part was being eligible to join the Ft Hood Sport Parachute Club and do sport jumps from UH-1 helicopters........for free!
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Hi..
I was in Germany in 88 at CFB Lahr. Heard there was a First Jump Course in CFB Baden on the weekend.
Did two jumps on Sunday. Came back to Canada on Monday. Showed up at the local DZ the following Saturday. The rest is History. Have never even applied for a Military course (round parachute..at night..with 60 lbs of kit.. and a rifle..at 1200 ft? Not bloody likely
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

Hi..
I was in Germany in 88 at CFB Lahr. Heard there was a First Jump Course in CFB Baden on the weekend.
Did two jumps on Sunday. Came back to Canada on Monday. Showed up at the local DZ the following Saturday. The rest is History. Have never even applied for a Military course (round parachute..at night..with 60 lbs of kit.. and a rifle..at 1200 ft? Not bloody likely

A whole LOT of paratroopers would call that an -easy- jump.

Besides 1200' is for training, IIRC they can go as low as 650' for actual combat jumps. Better hope that main opens, or you won't live to pull the reserve.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Basic Para in 1988, some time in a jump position, but just started civi skydiving last year. If I never hang under a non steerable round like a 300lb wind drift indicator again I am ok with that. The army is very efficent at sucking the fun out of anything. I will admit however that having PLF's beaten into me (literally) has saved my hide on more than one occasion. Right rear roll, release 1!:S

Bad decisions make good stories!!

Had 80 military freefalls before I started jumping civilian, was trained at the Navy MFF course at Otay. Military jumping tought me a lot in regards to jumping at night, 02 jumps, and flying with equipment but in the end its all survival jumping there. Civilian jumping has put me on a new level of freefall/canopy skill and not too mention the chute is now less than half the size of my 370 sq. ft. MC-4!! How can it not be better!

Ill second that one, spen 4 years with the 82nd doing Static Line jumps. All of our jumps were no higher then 800ft AGL and my ruck sack would often weigh 70-80 lbs. Nothing like a night Mastac with 400+ jumpers in the air at the same time. I have since then moved onto better things still at Ft Bragg but on a HALO team. Our HALO jumps count towards static line currency and I have jumped a round in over 6 years. I will be happy if I never jump one again. Those big old 365 MFF canopys land nice and soft LOL

Hi..

A whole LOT of paratroopers would call that an -easy- jump.

Besides 1200' is for training, IIRC they can go as low as 650' for actual combat jumps. Better hope that main opens, or you won't live to pull the reserve.

I've done 2 jumps at 110 metres - you don't get issued a reserve for those...................

I've done 2 jumps at 110 metres - you don't get issued a reserve for those...................

Just Cause was <500'

Matt

Bet those were the nicest openings in your life!

Learned in recon, only got a handful.

Got out and started jumping civvy style as soon as I got a paycheck :)

That was stressful. This is a way of life.

Much love for my military brothers/sisters keeping us safe, but "field day" can kiss my ass!