Lok

Gravity Gear shop and other crapy shops?

I would just like to add my opinion on this...

- As I see it, the seller just did not want to sell to the OP

Not true! Re read her post. The units were already sold before the OP contacted her.

Now, I would not judge who was more right, or not, but one had to admit that this seller did not do 100% customer service here and that OP has some right to be pissed.

How did Bonnie not provide customer service? There is no service to provide since the units were sold BEFORE the OP contacted her:S

I would just like to add my opinion on this...

- As I see it, the seller just did not want to sell to the OP

Not true! Re read her post. The units were already sold before the OP contacted her.

I`ll repeat. She says that. But it does not matter. Even if it were sold, then she should pull the ad from dz.com, so not to encourage further inquiries. This way it looks like: If I don`t get paid, I`m going to have another 50 guys asking for it anyway. So it`s win/win for the seller. Then it also looks like that when one guy did ask, but was too much of a hassle to do business, she sent him away.

Now, I would not judge who was more right, or not, but one had to admit that this seller did not do 100% customer service here and that OP has some right to be pissed.

How did Bonnie not provide customer service? There is no service to provide since the units were sold BEFORE the OP contacted her:S

OK, let`s change the term. Not customer service, just attitude. From those emails, you can see that he is asking in very polite way to get any kind of payment info. Seller just blew him off.

Listen, I don`t know this seller, nor do I do business with her shop. I was not bashing her. It was very strange for me that all of you jumped defending her and bashing the guy who (just in IMO) had some reason to be pissed.

If it was me, I would not start the bashing thread, as I already did not when I was in similar situation (and it cost me $ in the end). I just elected to do business somewhere else.
Dave (wrongly) implied that I think there is some "conspiracy", but CSpence hit it on the head with "it`s too complicated for me to go and take your money". [:/] I thought that every earned $ count...
It seems to me that none of you had any problems and that is OK. But that does not mean that nobody has.
dudeist skydiver #42

I thought at least the people in US would know how to be a good capitalist.

Dude, I guess you've been skydiving hard instead of reading the news -- "the people in US" rejected capitalism in 2008 when they elected as president a man who thinks "capitalist" and "profit" are dirty words.

Judging by the previous posts if I get any of the replies it is going to be like "you should buy in Europe", "you should open PayPal", "you should find another dealer". I get it, it`s the easiest reply for most of you that live in "Pink skydiving world of US" where all you need is just to have enough cash. Well, for the rest of us that live in shitty countries where you can not easily find another dealer, get to a turbine DZ or open up PayPal account, having enough cash (and wanting to part from it) simply seems not to be enough.

+1.

In the US now, you must be fashionably and financially correct as well as have the cash. and unfortunately for Lok, Western Union is apparently waaay incorrect; just ask all those genius posters who are so capitalist-challenged that they can't tell the difference between a buyer and a seller.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I think this thread should be locked since Bonnie has chimed in and said her piece and theres really nothing to gain by bickering back and forth from here

+1

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

You said what I said.
For you (sometimes / usually) It`s pain in the ass to do business with people from overseas and then you just do not do it. But please just write "US customers only" like some of sellers do.
Seems like you have the luxury to do business like that - big local market.
But what If I told you that if our first deal goes OK, I`m going to order couple of thousand $$$ of your products because I`m dealer in this part of the world? And because you are good to do business with, I`m going to buy stuff from you on regular basis. And all you have to do is send me a bank account number and pro-forma invoice so I can make payment. No need for leaving the house, even not leaving your desk. Just fckn e-mail. And you just don`t do it?

FYI: Out of 22 units only 12 sold were within the US. 13 if you count the guy who called from Afgahnistan on a SAT phone to secure one. I sold to the UK, Austria, Australia, Italy, Brazil and Spain.

I knew when I posted them that it would explode, and it did. I could have been a dick and listed them at a higher price and surely got buyers. But I didn't. I ran them through the SSK Used Cypres Valuator and sold them for fair market value. First come, first serve. Period. I did not change my terms of service for anyone. My terms are and always have been: Prepayment in full, Cash, Check, Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, PayPal or Wire Transfer

These units were on consignment in my store. I also have a commitment to the seller to get him a fair price and payment in a timely manner.

Back to work for me....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I emailed gravity girl about the cypress, i left my phone number in the email. Within 5 minutes Bonnie called. She said easiest way to pay is paypal. I paypal'd the money the next day and she sent it out the same day. It should be here tommrow.

I had a good expierence..

Western Union? well no one like to go chasing money down, i like it to show up in my mailbox, or in my bank account.

I've known Bonnie for a bit longer than 2 years. I jump at Skydive San Diego. I've personally did business with her and I see the attention she and all her staff gives to all (no exception) customers.

Her prices are comparable to other bigger stores (sometimes you can even get a much better deal), but her customer service is definitely the reason I've elected GG my main shop.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.