bansheeman

skydivingmovies.com

please use the search function, there have been like 15 identical subjects in the last weeks.

it is down for the moment but as I understand, the person providing the bandwidth can not do it anymore.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Has anyone looked into making it a subscription based service?

I'm in if you're in!

The actual server that ran the site is being shipped to me. I'm looking into some options as to where to put it. But the options are limited. We had it good before. I don't expect a similar deal to come up again. We did a lot to try to keep people OUT before. Annoying registration was required to keep bandwidth use low. But it was still way too high for ad revenue to come anywhere near covering costs. A pay site would work... guarantee bandwidth use would be down to nothing. Can't compete with free.

Anyone want to buy a website with over 60,000 registered users? Just plug it in and start making money!!! Lets start the bidding at $1 million?

Dave

To charge a fee you have to have content people are willing to pay money for; and unless it was just a single one-time fee; something they are willing to pay for repeatedly.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Dave, what kind of bandwidth are you talking about and what kind of storage. Have you considered amazon or other similar cheaper alternatives?
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

How much bandwidth was actually used? Both burst speed and monthly volume...

Ironically I just taught a guy to skydive over the weekend who has a rather large internet service provider company co-located in a large datacenter... His company is large enough to replicate databases for fortune 100 companies... The datacenter is large enough to support well known companies. Maybe he has some bandwitdh laying around he is not using.... If he shows back up at the DZ, I will ask.

I guess youtube will get all the business now, huh?

Issues with that are numerous since Vimeo does not have an option to upload files from any random user to a single channel with out giving everyone the password and that would never work for this type of project.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Youtube is also out if you want the soundtracks to remain intact B|

Just have the song change about every 7-10 seconds or so... i've been told that's not long enough for the audio recognition genies to snatch your audio because they can't recognize it... seems to be working so far!

Doesn't always make for good editing though B|
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Hey everybody,

I've actually been on this mission for a couple months now and JUST stumbled upon this page.

I have been trying to get in contact with Craig Poxon (owns the domain) for a while but never a response. I am wanting to take this project over and have everything needed to bring it back. Bandwidth, space and even my entire layout. I'm sure like me everyone is fond of the old look but I assure you, the new one is sharp and easy.
Not to mention each user has their own mini profile with the ability to upload an avatar and even be subcribed to sort of like what you see on youtube.

I've thought about numerous different domain names that would work but most of the ones I would prefer are taken. Which is funny because they're not even being used.

If anyone has input for me on either how to get skydivingmovies.com the domain name OR ideas for a new site name, spill it here or shoot me a message.
Again, I'm ready to go on this. Just wanted the old name to use.

I also do not have plans of charging for site use.

Thanks in advance,
-Corey B-51113
[email protected]

blue skyz
cbkyro
http://www.FuelYourEdge.com