challenger0968

Skydive City AFF

Just curious is it possible to complete all training in 10 days? Thats about all i can get free from work at one time.

We had a kid from West Point get his license in 7 days. He was highly motivated due to a slot waiting for him on the Black Knights, and let me tell you, he moved with a purpose. He'd land, grab his main, and literally RUN to the hangar, lay out the parachute, ask one of the packers "Hey, man, I'm on another load, can you make sure this gets packed?" and then run over to manifest and say "Hey, can I get another one in? They're packing for me now." I think he wore 2-3 coaches out. :)

Its feasible, and in Florida, in the right time of year, I would think its even more feasible.

Whats that phrase? "Speed's just a question of money. How fast do you wanna go?"

(BTW, agree with one of the other posters: wait till the spring, so you don't have a long layoff waiting for a more northern DZ to open for the season. That blows. What part of MO are you in?)
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

It is a great place to jump, but there are absolutely no women there. All the hot women are in Palatka, as a matter of fact, one is issued to each student.

I have seen the female skydivers in Palatka and I think I need to take the AFF course again :P

Why focus on just Florida? ZHills is awesome and TK is the best... but we all know the hot chicks are in Ohio at Start Skydiving! We have 2 all girl four way teams...

Or you can just look for the hot AFF Instructors. :)

Did I mention I am AFF rated?!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Why focus on just Florida? ZHills is awesome and TK is the best... but we all know the hot chicks are in Ohio at Start Skydiving! We have 2 all girl four way teams...

Or you can just look for the hot AFF Instructors. :)

Did I mention I am AFF rated?!

Save me one, I need to get current in a couple months!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I am planning on going in mid to late november> how is the weather there at that time

Well, hurricane season is over by then.
:|
Usually.

Sweet, just in time for me to get my shit moved down there!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The 'busy' times at Z Hills are during the winter months, when most if the US is not jumping. Those are experienced jumpers on vacation, and have no effect on the student operations. In fact, more experienced jumpers mean that the planes will fly more loads during a given day, so that's a bonus for you.

The DZ is in charge of putting jumpers on one load or another and typically the first thing they do is put their tandems and students on a load, and them fill in the rest with fun jumpers. Nobody knows how many students there will be at any DZ at any given time, there's no way to predict that.

Being 'busy' will be a plus for you becuase more jumpers equals more loads, and more people to hang out with at the bar after jumping. Whenever you go, you will be your instructors #1 priority, and you will be well taken care of. Call today and reserve a trailer on the DZ for the time you plan to be there.

Call the DZ and talk to TK, or either one of the lovely ladies in manifest can fill you in for that matter. Lori or Deb.
Yes, the Turkey Boogie makes it busy, the dropzone tries to keep the rotation between the big ways and the student jumps/fun jumpers in a nice working manner.

You don't want to miss the vibe and the parties during the Turkey Boogie. It's the season opener. It's YUGE!

Enjoy your training and good luck!

B|