swoopfly

dropzones??

So whats the difference in uspa dropzones and non-uspa dropzones? What does a dropzone need to have to legally run and take jumpers, including tandems? Could a private airport take jumpers with no more than a notam and permission of owner, to land?

Not the same thing. A USPA dropzone is a dropzone that has chosen to pay the fee to join the USPA Group Member program. A non-USPA dropzone is a dropzone that has chosen not to pay the fee to join the USPA Group member program. Jumping at a non-USPA dropzone does not mean it's a bandit jump.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Not the same thing. A USPA dropzone is a dropzone that has chosen to pay the fee to join the USPA Group Member program. A non-USPA dropzone is a dropzone that has chosen not to pay the fee to join the USPA Group member program. Jumping at a non-USPA dropzone does not mean it's a bandit jump.

exzactly, so i guess the question is...... if you had a non uspa dropzone, what would they still need to be a legal dropzone?

So whats the difference in uspa dropzones and non-uspa dropzones? What does a dropzone need to have to legally run and take jumpers, including tandems? Could a private airport take jumpers with no more than a notam and permission of owner, to land?

Yep, A DZ ONLY needs to get the proper permissions to operate on a piece of property and do the FAA notams.
I have found that the USPA DZ's are sometimes up tight about anyone who jumps there being a member, but in reality, the USPA is a voluntary membership club and really has no governing power to do anything.
All the NON-USPA DZ's I have been to are a lot more laid back and their staff aren't always trying to quote some BSR like a fun cop.

I'm not anti-USPA, I just think that there is too much emphasis put on being a member of the organization. Having a USPA member card does not make a jumper any better than if he/she does not have the card. And USPA does NOT make one DZ safer over another DZ. That's up to the DZO's and staff.

USPA has nothing at all to do with a DZ being legal or not. That falls back on the operator obtaining the proper permissions and the FAA approval.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

You'll hear lots of opinions. I suggest you pay more attention to this...

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfr105_main_02.tpl;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I have found that the USPA DZ's are sometimes up tight about anyone who jumps there being a member, but in reality, the USPA is a voluntary membership club and really has no governing power to do anything.
...... Having a USPA member card does not make a jumper any better than if he/she does not have the card.

The ones I'm aware of require membership, I believe primarily due to the fact that a USPA member is covered by the insurance, and a nonmember is not?
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?