Master_Yoda

Variety of aircraft out there

Where's the exotic stuff???

In exotic locations?

In the US, you've got 182, 185, 206, maybe a Twin-bo, Beech-18 (turbine conversion for sure, maybe a radial), DC-3, PAC 750, Porter, Caravan, King Air, Twin Otter, Skyvan, and a Casa. I'm sure I missed at least one or two, but that's a fairly complete list.

I used to jump the Porter at Skydive Texas, (no longer open) and WTS (Mike Mullens place near Memphis) used to have a 195 taildrager.

My favorite was the Pitts jumps at WFFC are those available anywhere?
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

But good luck in talking them into letting you jump from them!!!!!
Even better luck in raisign the many thousands of dollars per hour they cost to operate.

Not necessarily. At least not here. OP mentioned tailgate, and one of the best jumps for me are the tailgate exits from MI-8. Our army leases Mi-8/Mi-17 for about 1000euros/hour (all included). So if you can find 19 people to jump with that would be ~25Euros for jump ticket. The same as regular ticket (here). So making a helicopter boogie HERE would not be such a great deal.:)Still, I figure it is way more expensive over there... [:/]
dudeist skydiver #42

I've jumped at normal DZs over the last 4 years:

Antonov AN-28 (russian plane, looks like a TO with a tailgate)
Twin Otter (different models, including Super Twin Otter)
C-182
C-175 Skylark
C-206
Cessna Grand Caravan (an old, ugly, noisy one, and for some reason the pilots would cut the engine for a moment at 4k, which made everyone just put on their helmets and check their gear. Every time.)
Pilatus Porter (Several, including the almost factory new G-BYI)
Dornier G92
Short Skyvan (Including the PINK ones!)
Pac 750 XL
Tupolev LET 410
C-130J (Belongs to the king. We love the king!)
Bell AS 350 Heli
Balloon

:)
I always landed my parachute, but I did land with the Antonov once, due to hail.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I've jumped at normal DZs over the last 4 years:

didn't you jump the Beech 99 ? :o

Nope, we need to fix that. I've got a quite extensive list of jumpships, so I should have the Beech. I might get the chance to jump the DC-3, which would be quite exotic, and some more russian planes would be fun too.

But the BEST plane I've ever jumped is the C-130J: 2x55-ways to 22k in 11 minutes: That would be hard to beat! B|

But the BEST plane I've ever jumped is the C-130J: 2x55-ways to 22k in 11 minutes: That would be hard to beat! B|

I did a couple 32 ways from a C-130 on the N. Carolina coast from 15k and a bunch of demo training jumps during Golden Knights tryouts in '89. They were mostly two way barber pole jumps out the troop doors. Must've made more than 50 like that. I learned alot but didn't make the team.

All my demo jumps including 3 stadium jumps were from UH-60 Blackhawks.

In some countries (including mine), the military forces let civilians jump from their AC. I've jumped from military Bandeirante (20 people side door), Buffalo (40 people ramp) and C-130 (need no explanation).

I heard there's a boogie going on on Uruguay with one or more Hercules AC
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

In some countries (including mine), the military forces let civilians jump from their AC. I've jumped from military Bandeirante (20 people side door), Buffalo (40 people ramp) and C-130 (need no explanation).

I heard there's a boogie going on on Uruguay with one or more Hercules AC

I think the military in the US doesn't want to be a competitor to private companies that could provide aircraft for that purpose. Many years ago some state national guard C-130s were going to be used for record attempts. My memory is that the military brass put a stop to the plan because of that "competition" question.

It isn't appropriate for the military to let their aircraft be hired for the purpose of hauling ordinary commercial cargo. Cargo carriers shouldn't have to compete with the military. Even C-130s can be hired for such purposes from private companies, they're just very expensive.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Perris has many other attractions, like the 3 Twin Otters and Skyvan, pilots who fly formation loads all the time and world class organizers. I don't think they think it's worthwhile spending all the money it costs to get the jet airworthy again, when it's not a useful every day plane.

Just what I think, and what I heard.

Ooooh, I MISS Perris. I'm looking forward to going back there, my favourite DZ. :)

I used to jump the Porter at Skydive Texas, (no longer open) and WTS (Mike Mullens place near Memphis) used to have a 195 taildrager.

Still got the 195. It hasn't been flying in a couple years because I robbed parts off it to get the B18 flying. I've replaced all the parts except the carburator which I should get in a couple of days. Hope to have it flying again in a couple weeks.