Master_Yoda

Variety of aircraft out there

Sooo.... Most dzs have at least one C182, some a 206. Others have otters and skyvans and I heard there is still a DC3 out there flying jumpers. What else is out there to jump from and where is it? Is there a cariboo(sp) still out there? How 'bout a civilian run C-130? B| :D
Where's the exotic stuff???

Yup they are out there, just have to know where to find them. Cherry Air, Southern Cross was around for a while, but his come back did not go so well. Many AC you mention are too expensive to run these days for jumpers.
AN2 was grounded in TX, DC4 was not worth it, DC9 is grounded as well as far as i know. Scarabou (carabou) is out there but is way to expensive for any one event.

Oh to have the days of ole back again....:)
Heard the Beaver is even gone....:(

How 'bout a civilian run C-130? B|:D

The Air Force Reserve has a bunch of em... they're pretty much civilians. :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

In exotic locations?

In the US, you've got 182, 185, 206, maybe a Twin-bo, Beech-18 (turbine conversion for sure, maybe a radial), DC-3, PAC 750, Porter, Caravan, King Air, Twin Otter, Skyvan, and a Casa. I'm sure I missed at least one or two, but that's a fairly complete list.

Sooo.... Most dzs have at least one C182, some a 206. Others have otters and skyvans and I heard there is still a DC3 out there flying jumpers. What else is out there to jump from and where is it? Is there a cariboo(sp) still out there? How 'bout a civilian run C-130? B|:D

Europe.... so tune up your passport

Only the Casa and Skyvan have tailgates, right?

I seem to recall that there's a Skyvan here in Texas running out of Spaceland I think...? Where's the Casa at?

Im pretty sure Spaceland has a couple skyvans, and I THINK there is one at DeLand.

There used to be some C-130 jumps till some people decided to get fussy and fucked it up for the rest of us.>:(
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Where's the Casa at?

All over the place, I think. I don't think there's one at any DZ, but the guys that bought out Fayard still have one or two you can get for boogies, but I've heard it's not easy (or cheap).

Spaceland does have at least one Skyvan, I jumped out of it last weekend. I think he was headed to Chicagoland for a week or two, and after that your guess is as good as mine. Nice plane if you need more cowbell.

I seem to recall that there's a Skyvan here in Texas running out of Spaceland I think...? Where's the Casa at?

Im pretty sure Spaceland has a couple skyvans, and I THINK there is one at DeLand.

There used to be some C-130 jumps till some people decided to get fussy and fucked it up for the rest of us.>:(

It's hard to imagine anyone getting fussy about a C-130. Damn. :(

Where's the Casa at?

All over the place, I think. I don't think there's one at any DZ, but the guys that bought out Fayard still have one or two you can get for boogies, but I've heard it's not easy (or cheap).

Spaceland does have at least one Skyvan, I jumped out of it last weekend. I think he was headed to Chicagoland for a week or two, and after that your guess is as good as mine. Nice plane if you need more cowbell.

Last time I was at Eloy... they have MULTIPLE Skyvans.

The Holiday Boogie at Eloy usually has the Beech 18 and DC-3 fired up at some point and there is always Burner there with his Monster freakin balloon all thru the boogie.

An-28, An-72, An-124 :o, Transall, Bronco :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

At Skydive Hibaldstow we run:

Dornier G92 (15 place aircraft to 15K in 13 minutes)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_28_Skyservant

Technoavia SM92 Finist (10 place porter type aircraft, also 15k 3 mins)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technoavia_SM92_Finist

Sooo.... Most dzs have at least one C182, some a 206. Others have otters and skyvans and I heard there is still a DC3 out there flying jumpers. What else is out there to jump from and where is it? Is there a cariboo(sp) still out there? How 'bout a civilian run C-130? B|:D

Europe.... so tune up your passport

In South/East parts of it you can regularly find

- AN-2

On larger DZs
- L-410 Turbolet
- Mi-8/Mi-17

Also somewhere around here:
- Wilga

And one local:
- Utva-66 It could take 2x50lbs bombs :P

Technoavia SM92 Finist (10 place porter type aircraft, also 15k 3 mins)

3 mins :o that's a jumpship i want at a dz near me;)

Actually that would be more like ~1000ft/min so no 3mins to 15k. Turbo Finist is almost the copy of Porter Pilatus, but b/c it is being built in eastern Europe, it`s much, much cheaper. At least it was... [:/]
dudeist skydiver #42

Yes, Eloy has a couple and Deland has one for sure, I didn't mean to make it sound like Spaceland has the market cornered on Skyvans. Isn't there one in Perris, too? Maybe one that lunched a motor in-flight a couple years ago? Anyone?

Yes there's one in Perris, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Wow. Great responses! Looks there are some pretty cool aircraft in Europe... once you find the DZs that have 'em.
I'm partial to tailgate aircraft. Always my first choice. :)
Performance
Maximum speed: 170 knots (196 mph, 315 km/h)
Cruise speed: 130 kt (137 mph, 220 km/h)
Range: 400 nmi (450 mi, 741 km)
Ferry range: 1,216 nmi (1,400 mi, 2,252 km[77])
Service ceiling: 18,500 ft (5,640 m)
Rate of climb: 1,522 ft/min (10.1 m/s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CH-47_Chinook

Wow. Great responses! Looks there are some pretty cool aircraft in Europe... once you find the DZs that have 'em.
Performance

Several logging companies (Erickson, VIH, etc.) fly CH-46 (Labrador/Sea Knight) and CH-47 Chinook and Sikorsky Skycrane helicopters on the West Coast of Canada and the USA.
But good luck in talking them into letting you jump from them!!!!!
Even better luck in raisign the many thousands of dollars per hour they cost to operate.

Performance

Several logging companies (Erickson, VIH, etc.) fly CH-46 (Labrador/Sea Knight) and CH-47 Chinook and Sikorsky Skycrane helicopters on the West Coast of Canada and the USA.
But good luck in talking them into letting you jump from them!!!!!
Even better luck in raisign the many thousands of dollars per hour they cost to operate.

That's what I figured. I'll have to be grateful for the Chinook jumps I already have. One helluva benne for spending time in the Airborne at Ft. Bragg. B|

Not to mention the slew of UH-60, Huey, Skycrane and C-130 skydives I made. Most of my jumps are from military helicopters.

" ... Most of my jumps are from military helicopters.

..."

Wea re on the same wave-length.

Most of my HELICOPTER jumps were from military helicopters. While serving, I did a bunch of freefalls from a Canadian Air Force CH-47 Chinook and a few static-line jumps from a Germany Army UH-1 helicopters.
As I civilian, I have paid to jump from an A-Star, got paid to do a few tandems from a LLama and got a free jump out of a Jet Ranger.