yeyo

BFR's

Just for curiosity, how big a round does it have to be to be considered a BFR?

The thing is that I plan to organize one in Couch Freaks for our group of 16, but I think the least experienced (100 jumps) will back down because they are to cool to fly on their belly or it's to easy for them.:ph34r: Im sure the more experienced are in. So, is 12+ still a BFR?
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

If you have people with 10 jumps on it, it will definitely be a BFR if you actually make and hold it :ph34r:

Being round doesn't make it easy.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think the least experienced (100 jumps) will back down because they are to cool to fly on their belly or it's to easy for them.:ph34r: Im sure the more experienced are in. So, is 12+ still a BFR?

That's good because doing a 16-way BFR with non-belly flying 100 jump wonders is not likely to lead to a successful BFR.

Rounds after a certain size are HARD. I always laugh my ass off when someone is doing a milestone jump and says "let's just do an Otter-load BFR!" with a mix of freeflyers and belly flyers because they think that'll be an "easy" jump.

IF the formation even gets round-ish, it usually also features multiple levels and people chasing grips to the left or the right because they don't understand that everyone needs to drive towards the center instead of chasing people side to side.

I'd call 12 plenty big. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

>Just for curiosity, how big a round does it have to be to be considered a BFR?

Moderately big.

It's more likely a BFR if:
-it happens at a boogie
-it happens at the end of the day
-it requires more than one airplane
-there is no dirt dive
-one or more people have suits without grippers (or no suits at all.)

It's less likely a BFR if:
-people on it have medaled in skydiving competitions
-people have big formation world records
-back ins are involved
-Dan BC, Craig Girard, Kate Cooper or Roger Ponce is involved

It's more likely a BFR if:
-it happens at a boogie
-it happens at the end of the day
-it requires more than one airplane
-there is no dirt dive
-one or more people have suits without grippers (or no suits at all.)

You say that as if the WFFC Anvil Brothers, No Suit, No Stress, Sunset load BFRs were a bad thing. >:(
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

will back down because they are to cool to fly on their belly or it's to easy for them.Sly Im sure the more experienced are in. So, is 12+ still a BFR?

Generally a BFR = 20.
There is no rule that says all 20 have to be on their bellies.
We, "Anvil Brothers" have sent some bases out the door that required freefliers to catch us to give it some drag. :o:o[:/]:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Just for curiosity, how big a round does it have to be to be considered a BFR?

The thing is that I plan to organize one in Couch Freaks for our group of 16, but I think the least experienced (100 jumps) will back down because they are to cool to fly on their belly or it's to easy for them.:ph34r: Im sure the more experienced are in. So, is 12+ still a BFR?

If that is actually thier attitude, yoru better offf without them, they are dangerous!

A BFR is a dynamic, shifting thing, depending upon the circumstances.

At a Cessna DZ, a two-plane formation load 8-way would be a BFR.
At an Otter DZ, you might need at least 15 to call it a BFR.

It all depends upon what your capabilities are, with aircraft and personnel.

Sir, with all due respect, sir!
You're a BFR all by yourself.
:D:D

Word to all the rest of you:
Do a DO-SI-DO with the big boys.
:D:D;)

If you don't know what that is...Keith will teach you.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Damn i know i shouldnt be doing this ....

but...

here goes...

What is a BFR? [:/]

:P:S

How hard can it be to simply put a bunch of jumpers out of a plane and form one point (a round)?:)

At Summerfest last year and this year, Rob promisied beer for all involved if everyone gets in. He has not had to pay up yet.

God Save the Queen:P

Last Year
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I KNOW bfr's are not easy, but they sure are FUN! hahhah
Last time I tried it was a 23 way out of a skyvan. We had AFFIs, World Record holders, tunnel instructors and people with 1000s of jumps....After building a 6way everything went to hell with bodies falling everywhere.
Heres my view of that last try, with a little trackoff at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gor6wInJUSc

btw, by the time I decided to fuck it up, it was already fucked :P:)

HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Well, there's your problem right there! Put them more than twelve feet away from a formation and they don't know what to do . . .

hahah :D
Im sure thats true for many of them, but the one Im talking about here is on the 108 headdown record...and before somebody says 'headdown', hes also on a 4way RW team.B|
HISPA #93
DS #419.5