skinnay

Is Skydiving Gay?

I mean really, why is the quality of a jump directly associated with how many times you can touch another guy in different places? This all just so happens to take place high up in the sky where no one can see you. Coincidence?

Before you can even take part in the sport you have to straddle a guy for 15 minutes while everyone else demands you get even closer. Even when your nuts are firmly pressed against the guy's ass in front of you, this is never close enough for everyone else.

When else is it socially acceptable, let alone "awesome!", to gently grab and hold another straight man's fingers?

4 way train? [:/]

Head down is the most awesome way to fly!

How many straight wuffos would be ok with wearing 'booties'?

How many sports require you to start training with a man strapped to you back face down? And you loved every minute of it.

Do you know any other place where color coordination is so important?

What else am i missing?

specially in the US , people pay to get their chute packed :)

i think they commonly refer to that as "getting your shit packed" as i have never heard anyone refer to there canopy as chute, but more like shit or stuff.
IHYD

~ Wasn't ALWAYS that way!

Back in the day...ya wore Combat Boots and an actual CRASH Helmet.

Yer jumpsuit had two zippers so you could stand like a man on BOTH feet while putting it on, and they were either black, red or a combination of the two...because those colors hide the dirt & blood.

To open a parachute you pulled hard on an icy cold, huge industrial sized steel handle, now ya 'hand-deploy' your pull-out or throw-out.

When your main malfunctioned, (not just 'spun-up') there was an intricate and time consuming series of steps you actually had to be awake to perform to release the main, OR some guys went with the no-pilotchute option, and just hand fed the reserve canopy into the mess and hoped for the best.

I blame the pussification of Skydiving on the obvious degrading of the overall gene pool coupled with malnutrition...when the weak little, short & skinny bastards started out numbering the caveman everything went 'Miami-Vice'.

Fuckers even took my 'Blast Handle' and replaced it with a Pretty Pink Pud! :S>:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I mean really, why is the quality of a jump directly associated with how many times you can touch another guy in different places? This all just so happens to take place high up in the sky where no one can see you. Coincidence?

Before you can even take part in the sport you have to straddle a guy for 15 minutes while everyone else demands you get even closer. Even when your nuts are firmly pressed against the guy's ass in front of you, this is never close enough for everyone else.

When else is it socially acceptable, let alone "awesome!", to gently grab and hold another straight man's fingers?

4 way train? [:/]

Head down is the most awesome way to fly!

How many straight wuffos would be ok with wearing 'booties'?

How many sports require you to start training with a man strapped to you back face down? And you loved every minute of it.

Do you know any other place where color coordination is so important?

What else am i missing?

Let's pack each other's parachutes :$
Don't forget to pull!

Let's just stick to slappin' high-fives, and not get into smacking each other on the ass like football players.

This thread sounds like that George Carlin comedy routine comparing macho football and sissy baseball.

I was thinking more along the lines of comparing skydiving to fishing. there are way more fishing deaths per year than skydiving. So fishing is more macho;)

It was to the guy who used to hit on his male static line students.:o

I believe he got told to knock it off.

Same with the guy with the knock out wife who used to hit on the female static line students. Asking for phone numbers on the way to altitude.:S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Let's just stick to slappin' high-fives, and not get into smacking each other on the ass like football players.

This thread sounds like that George Carlin comedy routine comparing macho football and sissy baseball.

Indeed...

http://home.earthlink.net/~sscutchen/baseball/Quotes/baseball_vs_football.htm

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Umm -- that all sounds pretty good to me, and I'm not gay!
;)

But you are 'tri'. ;)

And my Hash name is Threesome. :o

(ETA -- I'll just let you all ponder that one for a minute.) ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!