jaffo

Skydive Elsinore or Perris

I've built in a "Jump" day in SO-CAL on an upcoming business trip. I'll have all day Friday Sept 10th and part of Saturday (Before I drive back to LAX for flight).

Which DZ do I want to spend my limited time at?

I don't know anyone at either DZ. Will anyone jump with me?

I think this SO-CAL trip will get to be a regular thing and I'd love to get to know some people at the DZ's.

I'd also like to eventually get some tunnel time in, but not on this trip.
Ryder
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

Go to both. Check their websites to see if either have any events going on that weekend, and if you're interested in that event. For example, if Perris is doing "Kick the visting jumper in the nuts day" on friday, maybe hit Elsinore that day, and then Perris on Saturday.

But really, they're only 15 or 20 min. apart, so if you have time each day, try both. Once I had been to both and waivered in and all that jazz, it wasn't uncommon to spend the day at Perris, and then get a call from some Elsinore peeps for a sunset bigway at that DZ, or vice versa.

Plan on less jumping and more getting 'settled in' for the first trip. Sign the waivers, get your gear checked in, get the once over of the DZ and landing areas, maybe do a solo for your fist jump to get the lay of the land, etc. Next trip, you can hit the ground running and make ten jumps a day.

Go to both. Check their websites to see if either have any events going on that weekend, and if you're interested in that event. For example, if Perris is doing "Kick the visting jumper in the nuts day" on friday, maybe hit Elsinore that day, and then Perris on Saturday.

But really, they're only 15 or 20 min. apart, so if you have time each day, try both. Once I had been to both and waivered in and all that jazz, it wasn't uncommon to spend the day at Perris, and then get a call from some Elsinore peeps for a sunset bigway at that DZ, or vice versa.

Plan on less jumping and more getting 'settled in' for the first trip. Sign the waivers, get your gear checked in, get the once over of the DZ and landing areas, maybe do a solo for your fist jump to get the lay of the land, etc. Next trip, you can hit the ground running and make ten jumps a day.

+1

both are great places to jump.

most likely, you'll get in more jumps at perris and there's a nicer bar/restaurant at perris, but you can't beat the ambiance and the lake view from freefall at elsinore.

one caution: wherever you decide to start, get out there thursday night or you'll burn way too much daylight dealing with Friday rush hour traffic!

There are motels a mile or two away from both DZs, plus both have camping and nice bunkhouses.

B|

p.s. perris has load organizers every day, and elsinore on weekends for sure and probably on friday, which is a busier-than-normal weekday at both DZs so you should have no trouble finding people to jump with... but i would also strongly suggest you do a 1-way on your first jumps at both DZs to get the lay of the land AND be able to concentrate more on your first landings because density altitude can easily reach 4,000 feet on hot days at either place.
:o
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

you can't beat the ambiance and the lake view from freefall at elsinore.

:o

When reading, the brain usually looks at the first and last letters of a word, then translates. For a sec I thought you said "ambulance".

OK, back to our show.

Elsinore does not have any LO's on friday's, and can be fairly slow on friday's too. I primarily jump at Elsinore, but the few time's I've been to Perris I've been impressed with how many plane's go up on a average weekday, and there seems to always be someone L.O.ing during the week.

I'd do Friday at Perris; there should be more going on. At least one team is training so the planes will be flying. Then on Sat either stay there or head over to Elsinore; both are great places. Elsinore is generally best visited on the weekends.

Just a word to the wise . . . USPA Nationals start on September 11 in Chicago, so if you're planning on visiting on September 10 be prepared that all the teams will be gone.

However, both DZ's have plenty of fun jumpers available! :^)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I LOVE Perris. My favourite place. Great Load organizers and nice, nice, nice facilities. But I'm sure Elsinore is good too, I'm planning a trip there this fall.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

What is density altitude?

A few answers to keep you busy reading.

The higher in altitude the landing area is, the less dense the air, and the faster the landing. Ergo, a larger canopy performs like a smaller canopy. I jump a 150 in Utah where landing is at 4200, and a 135 at Elsinore or San Diego where it's lower than 1K