swoopfly

Things you dont like about skydiving?

Packing! Definitely packing. It almost caused me to sell my gear and call it quits after two seaons. I'm astounded that there are only two other posts in this thread regarding the same issue. Guess it's not a big deal for most other jumpers.??

I'm still new to packing... but after I got the hang of it, I found that I actually kind of like it. It used to be a pain in my ass and piss me off. Give me an hour and that shit still wouldn't have been in the d-bag. Now that I am down to about 30 minutes, I feel a great sense of satisfaction when I'm finished.

I guess one thing that I don't like about skydiving is thermal updrafts. When I'm coming in for base and final and a thermal hits me, I nearly shit my pants.
Don't forget to pull!

I guess its better than worrying about all the underendowed males we have to deal with.

You called?

It's 1035pm, I'm home alone, sitting here after a really great day at the DZ when I read this beauty. I have to say this really completes my day. I can't remember the last time I busted up laughing out loud with no one else around to hear me.

So did I really laugh if there was no one there to hear the laugh...?

I've been lurking for a while, but I just couldnt resist posting about that one. :D Really made my night.

On a side note, competed Catagory D1 and D2 today! No grip exit next! I can't wait! Why didn't I find this skydiving stuff YEARS ago?

I really hate when someone uses the sport we all love to commit suicide.

Forget for a second that there is a fellow skydiver in such a bad place that they see death as the only choice. I hate this for them obviously. I wish they could get the help they need.

BUT!!! I really think it's selfish when someone does a no pull for suicide. The one I'm familiar with, cut his reserve ripcord and stuffed his pilot chute where it wouldn't come out. I guess he didn't want to chicken out and change his mind.

I think it's awful for the sport. It gives a bad impression of skydivers in general.

I'm not un-sympathetic to the feelings of the poor misguided soul, but it pisses me off that he uses skydiving as a tool to end his life.
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

I really hate when someone uses the sport we all love to commit suicide.

Forget for a second that there is a fellow skydiver in such a bad place that they see death as the only choice. I hate this for them obviously. I wish they could get the help they need.

BUT!!! I really think it's selfish when someone does a no pull for suicide. The one I'm familiar with, cut his reserve ripcord and stuffed his pilot chute where it wouldn't come out. I guess he didn't want to chicken out and change his mind.

I think it's awful for the sport. It gives a bad impression of skydivers in general.

I'm not un-sympathetic to the feelings of the poor misguided soul, but it pisses me off that he uses skydiving as a tool to end his life.

But it would be so easy...
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I don't mind packing, I just don't like packing when its bat shit hot in the hangar with no circulating air!:P

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

hey all
So what is it out of this fantatstic sport that you do not like?

Freeflyers trying to convince me that RW is for *oldies* and I better should go for FF with them - man, I love RW and FF itself is not my goal.

RW and WS are my preferences, there's so much to do and to enjoy. Leave me alone, you coloured FF freaks :)B|B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105