swoopfly

Things you dont like about skydiving?

If you dont like dead ppl...this is the wrong sport....

Its like being a motocrosser and dont like dirt....[:/]

You obviously don't know what you are talking about! How long have you been in the sport? How many jumps do you have? How many of your friends are dead due to skydiving? There is nothing to like about seeing someone go in.

If you dont like dead ppl...this is the wrong sport....

Its like being a motocrosser and dont like dirt....[:/]

Hate to be rude, but your post is stupid. Skydiving is to freefall as motocross is to dirt. There is no sport in which I'm supposed to like people getting hurt/killed. Just think about your post. "If you don't like dead people..." ???

And I say this without personally knowing anyone who was killed in skydiving. Then I might be mad. [:/]
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

>If you dont like dead ppl...this is the wrong sport....
>Its like being a motocrosser and dont like dirt...

Despite whuffo perceptions, dead bodies are not stacked like cordwood around the drop zone. You are more likely to trip over a dead body when you're out on a motocross bike than when you are landing at a DZ.

My favorite -
"I had to land downwind because I was too low to make my turn onto final" - after flying over almost an entire mile of landing area. AGAINST the landing pattern no less.
>:(:S

Wouldnt that mean he landed into the wind?:P

Guess it depends which part of the pattern he was flying against.:S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i hate the ride up and exit. :(

I was afraid of skydiving for the first 25 jumps.

Then, for the next 25 jumps, I was afraid of riding up
in the plane. I was so relieved once I exited because
I was back in control where I was safe.

Around 300 jumps, I realized that the sport
was more dangerous than I thought.

Dropzone drama, bad attitudes, sky gods, alcohol culture.

Funerals are the worst though. :(

Two of my favorite things hold alcohol as part of the tradition; skydiving and traditional Irish music sessions. I will still enjoy a quality micro-brewed ale but I don't want to get drunk.

Funerals ARE the worst. I only jumped three years but lost 2 friends in that time. Another one I knew died recently in a mid-air collision.

I really enjoy skydiving (the people, the knowledge, the experiences) but the following things have me spending much more time away from the DZ this year:

1. The fact that skydiving helps me rationalize being physically lazy (i.e. a false sense of physical accomplishment on my weekends)

2. That I exhibit weakness when it comes to limiting my own alchol consumption around the campfire.

3. That I don't have in mind a real goal for my jumping and lack appropriate ways to measure progress towards that goal now that I've run through my "firsts".

Things I miss about the DZ:

1. The interesting personalities of the regulars and the constant influx of new people to meet.

2. Witnessing other people have incredible jumps and be on top of the world.

3. Hearing stories of the DZ history and being 100% infactuated with people I'll never meet.

I don't like standing on the loading ramp while getting blow dried by prop blast on a 110 degree day while waiting for people to figure out how to sit down. I also don't like people behind me telling me to go up the ramp so I can stand in prop blast waiting for people to figure out how to sit down. ;) People who don't like sitting on the floor while everyone else is smashed together suck. Also the plastic tips on the end of shoe laces.

i hate the ride up and exit. :(

I was afraid of skydiving for the first 25 jumps.

Then, for the next 25 jumps, I was afraid of riding up
in the plane. I was so relieved once I exited because
I was back in control where I was safe.

Around 300 jumps, I realized that the sport
was more dangerous than I thought.

exactly, once i get out of the plane its GREAT. even with my piss poor flail around exits, all i gotta do is arch and roll out of it.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

exactly, once i get out of the plane its GREAT. even with my piss poor flail around exits, all i gotta do is arch and roll out of it.

Shit... I didnt have a good solid poised exit till my 3.5k H&P. I was scared shitless about fucking it up.

Now I pull ~2.5-3k... go figure.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Shit... I didnt have a good solid poised exit till my 3.5k H&P. I was scared shitless about fucking it up.

Now I pull ~2.5-3k... go figure.

haha, the funniest thing about it all is i think its really the fear of heights that i have, so maybe ill go back and do a few jumps from like 10k instead of 13,5 and be able to tell myself, "hey, at least its only 10k" lol.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.