swoopfly

Things you dont like about skydiving?

>>If you dont like dead ppl...this is the wrong sport....
>>Its like being a motocrosser and dont like dirt...

>Despite whuffo perceptions, dead bodies are not >stacked like cordwood around the drop zone. You >are more likely to trip over a dead body when >you're out on a motocross bike than when you are >landing at a DZ

Can't claim to know any real data for motocross. But that sounds suspiciously like "the drive to the DZ is more dangerous" kind of claim. I've never known anyone who died while involved in motocross, and I've known a few. A bunch of them got all busted up real bad though. On the other hand, I've known way too many who have died skydiving. Now, in general motorcycling riding, I've always been a tad suspicious that skydiving and riding had some similar risks, mostly because of the other cars.

Either way, motocross is about the dirt, skydiving is about air, not death.

> I've never known anyone who died while involved in motocross . . .

Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I wasn't comparing the fatality rates of the two; I meant that sentence more literally:

"You are more likely to trip over a dead body when you're out on a motocross bike than when you are landing at a DZ."

I know two motocross riders who have come across dead bodies out on a trail. But that's because they cover a lot of ground, not because motocross riders die on the trail. (although injury rates do seem pretty similar.)

>Either way, motocross is about the dirt, skydiving is about air, not death.

Agreed there.

The cost!
Rental prices are nutty!
Finding beginner gear at an affordable price....forget about it!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

>

"You are more likely to trip over a dead body when you're out on a motocross bike than when you are landing at a DZ."

MMM WOW. I never thought motocross would be attacked on a skydiving forum...

JUST FYI- We dont have a incident forum on Moto boards. Most Xers are beat up and broken not killed.

1. That whole "you don't lose your GF, you only lose your turn" concept.

Well, when the hell is it going to get to be MY turn?
>:(

2. Trailer Trash skydivers

Look around your DZ...see all that garbage all over the place? Yep, you're infected with Trailer Trash skydivers.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

2. Trailer Trash skydivers

Look around your DZ...see all that garbage all over the place? Yep, you're infected with Trailer Trash skydivers.

it sucks coming to the dz and having other people's beer bottles ALL over your trailer porch... booooooooo!
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Not enough girls.
But then that's the same with most sports isn't it?
Be it rock climbing or surfing.
It's amazing how few women go out and partake in fun sports such as this.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Not enough girls.

we have a winner!
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I hate the after jumping stink that's in my car after I've left my gear and jumpsuit in it for a few hours. My kids used to complain, "ew, Mama, it smells like skydiving in here!" :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Not enough girls.

Well some guys do try to run off as many from the sport as they can. Referring to those with less than perfect air brushed beauty that look like models as "fat chiks" does tend to dampen some womens desire to be with a group that is that shallow.

I hate the after jumping stink that's in my car after I've left my gear and jumpsuit in it for a few hours. My kids used to complain, "ew, Mama, it smells like skydiving in here!" :ph34r:

Oh trust me skydiving gear is NOTHING compared to paintball gear at the end of the day. leave that stuff in the car for a few hours and id rather walk home than smell that stuff. let them get a whiff of some gear after a tourney, theyll never complain again. i PROMISE :D
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Oh trust me skydiving gear is NOTHING compared to paintball gear at the end of the day. leave that stuff in the car for a few hours and id rather walk home than smell that stuff. let them get a whiff of some gear after a tourney, theyll never complain again. i PROMISE :D

You wanna smell something bad. Try a wet suit from SCUBA diving when you silted out inside of a wreck on a hot day. Nothing like neoprene drying out with fish poop and who knows what else in your wet suit.

I hate it when these intense jumpers are mad after coming down from a jump, because someone "didn't get in" or their swoop was not good enough. fuck that shit. this is not football. nobody "loses". I am here to have fun, not a perfect fucking stupid diamond out of wingsuits.

AND I hate that everything awesome (IE wingsuiting) and stuff that looks pretty cool (IE freeflyiing) has to be turned into RW. there was a post in the wingsuit birdie people place about "acceptable formation distortion" or something super lame like that.
----REALLY?
you are flying three miles above the ground going 120mph with clouds and friends in bad ass wingsuits and you care about THE crooked SHAPE YOU MAKE?
go line dancing or something.

so, yes, to recap. what do I dislike about skydiving?

Skydivers.