WooHoo

Out For The Count

Whilst trying to solve the mysteries of the universe, with two equally unqualified buddies - both jumpers, (we cracked it in about three beers, so was a good exchange of ideas) we then discussed what position would an unconscious skydivers body naturally fall?

I thought they would go into a butt to earth shuttlecock position, another fellow thought they may tumble. So simple curiousity got the better of us and a bet was made.

I guess it may be different scenarios create different outcomes, but if anyone can help settle a bet that would be appreciated.

Whilst trying to solve the mysteries of the universe, with two equally unqualified buddies - both jumpers, (we cracked it in about three beers, so was a good exchange of ideas) we then discussed what position would an unconscious skydivers body naturally fall?

The only video I've seen had the jumper go head down (in a sortof back track) when he he left the jump (got hit by a deploying AFF student or his bag - it's been a while).

The reserve split into 2 and 5 cell pieces connected by the single reinforcing tape at the tail and spun in so he probably stayed in a similar high-speed orientation.

He lived.

If they lose consciousness while on their belly, they'll assume a head-down tracking position, but stay on their bellies. If they get hit hard enough to go unstable they will fall on their butts.

Not Always...I filmed one knocked out on a 20 way, he went into a flat spin belly to earth, I docked on them stopping the spin,(thank gawd for my camera wings,They were falling Sloooow in that spin), then gave a pull signal, that got no reaction, they were glazed over....totally out , I pulled their main, at about 7 grand....

They were still out of it on landing,and remembered only leaving the plane!