Caseadilla

Whats the #1 skydive of your life?

All are amazing, and i have too many favs...but one that i can remember like a great movie in part...
Halloween 2 yrs ago...sunset in elsinore...colors reflecting off the clouds, do a goaround, the moon is bright and full on the other side....we jump and dance so smooth in the air, my first kiss pass going through my first cloud...dark, silent, amazing....
that jump made me buy a protrack!:ph34r:

Oddly enough, the one I remember most often is one I wasn't on. At the 1979 Nationals, the team that was right there with my team jumped after us in the final round of 4-way. So I sat in the video tent and watched their jump, counting points. I remember it so clearly, and how I felt worse for them when they came up short, than I felt good for us, when we won. I'm weird though.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Hmmmm...... Maybe my girlfriend's first jump (AFF). Then my other girlfriend/s first jump (AFF). Then my sister;s first jump (AFF)...

But some of the most memorable are when you get caught short on altitude and everyone has to be right on their game to get it together. Like jumping into Billy-Bob's wedding one day and put a four-stack together from about 2200'... Or a successful 10-way hoop dive from 8000' due to low clouds...
12-way 'danger-dive' from 7-5 when the only thing you had to do to get on the dive wasn't to be any good, it was just to have jumped at our home dz... The key was just to put everyone in the right slot...

Then there's the jumps in borrowed gear where someone landed on your back and at pull time you can't find the handle... Then as you're looking at your reserve ripcord in your hand, you can see your wearing a belly-band throwout.... (It had only been packed for an hour)
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

1992 World Freefall Convention, Quincy, IL

first pass, trial run. Boeing 727

due to a signal mixup in the aircraft, we left with the airplane doing 205 MPH!

people lost altimeters, helmets, goggles..anything not fully secured..

one person did not make our 4 way, but it was a blast.

we landed a couple miles away from the airport. locals were great and gave us a ride back.

eta: have a special certificate for it and everything.

DB Cooper #41

Don't know if I posted it before, but the highlight would probably be closing the last grip on a 101 way New Jersey state record, after winding up 10 feet low. Got as big as I could get, slowly floated up and got in, a scant 3 seconds before breakoff. Went from goat to hero.

Then some big meathead biker dude smooches me on the damn lips in the hangar much to everyone's amusement. >:(:D

Then again, the argument could be made that one other guy either beat me in or we closed grips at the same time. Hard to say.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Eh.. I only have 43 jumps.

But, my favorite so far was jump #33... a 4-way hybrid. Me and another guy were the belly base for a hanger while a head-down FF came in for the dock. I was totally unsure how well I'd do. The 3 of us were linked in the plane, but upon exiting I had to swing around to complete the dock and then keep proper holding and pressure down to 6,500 feet where the hanger would release.

It was a total win and we even got it on video.

My experience is limited... and I'm sure I'll have many more to look forward to like maybe a hot air balloon jump :D

Don't forget to pull!

Hmmm...that's tough.
Most memorable;
Jumping with the space shuttle, Island and Purple Mike, Scotty Burns. That ended up on the cover of USA Today and won Scotty the USA Today Photo of the Year (readers award).

Most intimidating; Imagine damaging the pres of USPA in his first wingsuit skydive?

Most rewarding; Every successful AFF and wingsuit FFC jump. The best recent was a kid named Andy at Couch Freaks. He was flyin' like a pro on his first jump and beaming like a gap-toothed 6 year old on Christmas morning.

Yea tough question, but I think mine was 2-way freefly with Melissa Nelson. All I remember was that we were laughing and kicking ass all the way down.

It was like a dream where everything just went perfect. B| A 45 second dance with a beautiful princess.:)

Hard to explain, but I'm sure you understand.

I don't know if I could pick one as the number one skydive of my life, but a few that stand out are.

A two way belly jump with Mel Curtis where we turned 30 odd points on a challenging (for me) dive plan. Everything just flowed and it was amazing.

My first (and so far only) Mr. Bill. It went off perfectly and was incredibly fun.

A two way track where we flew relative and were docking, hopping up and over, and docking again. That's the closest I've come to feeling like a bird.

All the jumps from my first 4-way comp. Especially the first as it was my first jump after two and a half months of not jumping. Luckily I shook the rust off and we took first in rookie class.

Hard to pick one, but of the top 10:

Jumping in Thailand on another record attempt _after_ we got the 357 way, watching the storm come in from 26,000 feet.

Jumping into downtown San Francisco, doing a simple 5 way with the Farringtons and the other "extras."

The Lang demo, doing a 20 way with a thunderhead in the distance. It was just getting dark and you could see the lightning really clearly.