CHRCNF

If I'm ever in freefall with you and you lose consciousness would you rather me...

If I'm ever in freefall with you and you lose consciousness would you rather me pull your main or go silver? Or let your AAD do the work?

I think MOST people could survive an unconscioius landing under their reserve a whole lot better than under their main.

so far 2 for main one for AAD...... :S:S:S:S

I'm out cold, I agree with "either" that someone can reach for me. Given a choice though, I think I'd prefer the main. There is always a chance of circumstances being a mal and me waking up in the meanwhile, so keeping that reserve option available seems best to me. Definitely would not want someone to assume I have an AAD, and have it turned on, AND that if it did fire, the reserve would deploy successfully!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

If I'm ever in freefall with you and you lose consciousness would you rather me pull your main or go silver? Or let your AAD do the work?

Good luck catching me, unstable and unconscious... but id go for main, never know could need the reserve later.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'd rather you pull my dick and rubbed one last one out for me.
If you're not up for the job, then go for silver, please.

That's some funny shit... I don't care who you are...;)
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

What I can't fathom, is WHO THE HELL is voting for the AAD

I did.
That's about the only option if you're in a wingsuit, which is all I do.
Any rescue attempt would be 100 times more likely to result in 2 casualties than in a save. (Assuming anyone could get that close, which is unlikely.)
So if I am unconscious I will have to rely on my AAD to save me. That's why I got it.
So for the record, if it happens, I don't want anybody to try and help. Thanks anyway.
But what do I know?

I'm surprised JohnMitchell hasn't chimed in on this discussion yet - he had to make that very decision last year.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3636677

Bear in mind that the two people involved in this save both have 20+ years and 4000+ jumps and multiple instructor ratings. They had the skill and experience to pull this off (and in this case, the altitude as well). As skybytch has pointed out, that may not always be the case, and in a different situation with different players (or an unconscious victim who is much more unstable) things can end very differently and very badly.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My post was as one who's seen an unconscious skydiver and was intended as "if we're going to have a silly discussion, then I'll have a silly response" and now that I read it this morning; probably should have kept my fingers away from the keyboard and for that I apologize.

In the situation where I saw the unconscious skydiver, The knockout occurred right after the 13.5k exit during the initial stages of the formation build at around 12k. I too was "grayed out" from the 40' above dive-bomber dock and there was video. It took three of the then best fliers to close in on the flailing unconscious diver of which I stayed off low (where I got bounced down to) and to the side.

Their approach was cautious, they exercised restraint, phenomenal hand signal communications, enormous teamwork to circle and methodically approach and corral. They took turns bumping and closing in and it took almost every foot of altitude to around 5K for them to make the dock and part of it was the unconscious skydiver becoming semi-conscious and "bellying out." Two hung on, one backed off and the two hummed down docked on either side to pull altitude, gave the pull signal and the now conscious skydiver pulled their own main.

In short, if you are not a regular super current big-way flier, load organizer type, with multiple ratings, years of experience and thousands of dives, then the very best thing you can do with a flailing all over the sky unconscious skydiver is stay out of the way of those who are proficient and let them decide if they should even make the attempt.

Recommendation: Wear an AAD. If not for you, then for those you love and who love you until 2K; so they never have to make a decision that could cost them their life also.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I'm surprised JohnMitchell hasn't chimed in on this discussion yet - he had to make that very decision last year.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3636677

Bear in mind that the two people involved in this save both have 20+ years and 4000+ jumps and multiple instructor ratings. They had the skill and experience to pull this off (and in this case, the altitude as well). As skybytch has pointed out, that may not always be the case, and in a different situation with different players (or an unconscious victim who is much more unstable) things can end very differently and very badly.

I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that those of us less experienced that John and Jeff should do nothing if ever in that situation.

I'm sure you were just encouraging us to be careful:).

P.S. John and Jeff are heros!

Ryder
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5