tmarine253

Nervous about second jump

I know this has probably already been answered but I would like to get some opinions on this. I did my AFF 1 a few days ago and plan on going to do my next two jumps the day after tomorrow. I was nervous for the first jump but my instructor said I did really well. With my second jump coming up I feel like I am more nervous about the second one than I was the first jump. My question is, is it normal to be more nervous for my second jump? I thought the anxiety would have severely decreased after I had gotten my first one out of the way. Any opinions?

the closest i have ever come to not jumping was my level 2 aff. my instructor that had already climbed out and asked me if i was ready. he was surprised when i said NO!

my other instructor just started saying the exit procedures. it put me into the rhythm and i went for it.

i dont think i would have gotten over not jumping, and i have never had a problem with exiting again.

go for it!!!
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I started out, long ago, with static line. I was scared and nervous to some degree on my first jump, but did just fine. On my second jump, I was REALLY scared...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Me too. Of course I would have been scared even if I hadn't broken my ankle on my first jump ten months earlier. But I sucked it up and launched from the C-206, watching the airplane's silhouette against the late afternoon sky as my static-line T-10 deployed. Beautiful PLF. What was really scary was my third jump almost two hours later. As the engine revved for takeoff & the plane began accelerating, I sat by the open door, watching the runway pass below and thought "Holy crap, what am I doing?" That was in July 1983.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Perfectly normal to be more nervous about your second jump!

hang in there, some get over those nerves in 5 jumps, some 50....

I was more nervous my second jump than I was on my first jump. That's because I didn't know what I got my self into on the first jump! Most of my nerves went away on AFF 7 and beyond. I was confident that I'd nail level 7 and after that, I didn't have to deal with performance anxiety.

Though, they reappeared during the coach jumps, hop n hops, and my A license check dive.

Now I just worry about having fun.
Don't forget to pull!