CoriStone

Resizing Harness

harness resizing can be done different ways :

a harness built without articulation, where in order to change the MLW length you have to unpick (cut) the MLW to lateral junction and then sew it back up at a different point.

it could be a hip ring only, where you need a complete harness rebuilt

it could have rings at the hips and chest - then just that piece needs to be replaced on both sides. It involves a lot more work than people realize :)

Keep in mind that while your MLW length and lateral lengths can be changed somewhat easy in some instances, the yoke cannot be changed. My guess is that a C yoke is just too big for you and will be uncomfortable.

good luck !

If youu bought the rig either through an individidual, or the manufacturer, It doesn't matter. A new main lifting web is exactly $400.00 with new side panels, mud flaps, logos, my name etc...$400.00 No big deal at all. Be sure to inclue haveing tha main inspected, and the reserve as well. Very good worman ship too I may add.

Good Luck, Be Safe, and remember always land into the wind!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Keep in mind that while your MLW length and lateral lengths can be changed somewhat easy in some instances, the yoke cannot be changed. My guess is that a C yoke is just too big for you and will be uncomfortable.

I'll second this. I have a custom Javelin with a "C" Yoke, made back in 1998. Fits me like a glove. I then bought a used Javelin Odyssey made in 2004, again with a "C" Yoke. SunPath changed more than just cut in laterals. The yoke is also alot larger. The newer "C" Yoke is uncomfortable and the container sits too far down on my back. Looking to perhaps sell the Odyssey and have another custom one made for me. Perhaps now I need a "B" Yoke in the Odyssey? (I'm 5'10", 145#).

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

i had my Vector 3 resized just before this season started and it went great i called UPT and spoke with the rigger and he told me to e-mail him with my sizes and 3 pictures one with me standing there one with me standing with my arms out both from the front and one from the side with my arms out all with the rig on.

they just had to extend the webbing and not put a new harness on.

price wise it was only $190 to get it extended where a new harness would have costed $500

it took about 3-4 weeks and that includes shipping both ways and all of the rigging work

so i would say call the company rigging office and talk to the rigger they know all the answers to your question