SRI85

GOpro with low jump number

GREAT VIDEO!!!! I wish I knew how to transfer it from VHS to digital so I could post it.

One way that works is to connect the VHS to a DVDrecorder and record the video on a DVD (or built in harddrive).
Several hours of video of me and my friends have been digitalized this way from when i was a kid.

When I was learning to play piano, I would practice 30 minutes a day every day. Ultimately building muscle memory to the point that I could play songs with out looking at the keys or with my eyes closed.

In skydiving you have 30 seconds each jump to develop the same muscle memory skills and reaction times. Not much time to develop the muscle memory skills necessary to save your life instinctively. Thats just another point aside from it being distracting, which it really is very distracting, as to why you should wait to jump a camera.

Everyone is in such a big hurry all the time. Slow down, enjoy jumping. At some point you have to ask yourself if your jumping for your own enjoyment or just to tell your friends about it and post your vids of an empty blue sky on facebook.
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321

How about...

Buy an experienced camera flyer a jump ticket! He/she will get you great footage (outside video) of yourself to post on facebook!! You'll spend $25 for the video compared to how much for a go-pro??

Do it for the $$$$$!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I think i happen to have one of the best skydive photographers at my dropzone. He got me on page 63 of Parachutist this month.

Beer.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Haha I see what you mean, what I should have said was when you have reached the minimum requirements, you should have a better idea of wether or not you are ready without having to ask if it's cool to break the rules, but you're right you should also check you cci thinks you're ready because some people are still not ready after the minimum.

>So by the same logic someone with say 10 or so jumps short may be
>ready to safely attach a Go Pro or Contour camera and be absolutely fine . . .

Most likely not.

>complying with all safety requirements and not being idiotic?

That's a meaningless statement. Every person who ever died in this sport thought they were being safe, and thought they weren't being idiotic. It's like saying "you should be fine driving drunk as long as you're careful and don't do anything stupid."

The serious answer is that around 200 jumps is when most people are ready to think about using a camera -- not that they're necessarily ready. 22 is the age at which most people can graduate from college, but many college students are older when they do, because they're not ready yet (and others are younger).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)