shah269

Top Containers

Guys,
As you can tell I'm very new to this sport.
And sadly unlike motorcycles there aren't that many publications out there that discuss the various products out there.
So if it's not too much, from top to bottom can you please suggest your best all around top three container choices?
Thank you.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Guys,
As you can tell I'm very new to this sport.
And sadly unlike motorcycles there aren't that many publications out there that discuss the various products out there.
So if it's not too much, from top to bottom can you please suggest your best all around top three container choices?
Thank you.

hey Shah, just the other day I suggested to stop acting helpless.
I see you don't listen.

here are 16 pages of results that come up after you search for "best container" : http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=best+container&search_type=AND&search_fields=s&search_time=&search_user_username=&sb=score&mh=25

Any name brand builds a good rig.

• Some people will swear by Racers (I am sure a certain individual will chime in this thread with Jumpshacks website address and something along the lines "everything you need right there").
• Those in PNW will tell you that if you are not jumping an Infinity you are cheating yourself.
• Others will tell you that you are suicidal for jumping a Mirage.
• Some will tell you that your life will be 10x safer if your container had a Skyhook.

Of all the current production models - they are all good - do the research and decide for yourself !

Get a container that fits you, that was made within the last 10-12 years. It's good to buy used as it could get thrashed up in your early jumps. I would also personally suggest getting a container with a closing loop mounted near the bottom of the reserve container so you can fit a wider range of canopies in it as you progress in the sport.

But whatever you buy, make sure the colors match your jumpsuit or you're gonna die! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:;)

The future belongs to those of us still willing to get our hands dirty.

You know this isn't like motorbikes that have their names in huge letters on the side.
So it's hard to tell who is on what.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

You know this isn't like motorbikes that have their names in huge letters on the side.

bullshit. you are just lazy.

you claim to be a big boy - you are 5'8" 185# - that's nothing out of the ordinary for someone living in the US, perhaps a bit chubby, but that's it.

you keep referring to riding motorcycles like you are some big shot biker. Got any accomplishments to prove that ? Got you name plastered all over the internet (I don't mean postwhoring in a MC forum) ? Completed 50CC (not cubic centimeters) ? Completed Iron Butt ? Rode to a bunch of rallies ? Got cool pics of yourself riding ?

As of right now you have over 2800 posts since registering 18 months ago, and most of them are in the Bonfire, most on topics unrelated to skydiving. Spend more time reading pertinent info, and less time posting.

blah...

i disagree shah =D

http://www.parachuteshop.com/Mirage%20G3.htm

most of them have some sort of advertisement on them unless specifically requested not to ;)....hey, i put it in your sisters ass last night, can you please stop putting in her first? thanks!
IHYD

your right don't worry
Mods can you kill this thread.
Thanks!

i think my wings container is just as good as any other container. some people say its cheaply made, but they cant really back it up. I feel it is a well made container and is really comfortable. Maybe Wings wasnt on top of thier game years ago(just like in the 90's Hyndai was a cheap POS, but now they make reputable cars)

All containers, being made present day, are all on par with each other. mostly its just the name that sets it apart. its amazing how much a logo can influence you. i mean the mirage logo sure as hell looks alot cooler then my wings.

All containers, being made present day, are all on par with each other. mostly its just the name that sets it apart. its amazing how much a logo can influence you. i mean the mirage logo sure as hell looks alot cooler then my wings.

Not quite true...there are significant differences between many of them.
One thing for sure, they all open up to release a canopy or two.
I'm an RI fanboy. I've got two Talon FX and two Voodoo's. Started with a Stunts Eclipse, went to a used Wings, then a used Talon FS.
Really, really love my Voodoo's.

Get a container that fits you, that was made within the last 10-12 years. It's good to buy used as it could get thrashed up in your early jumps. I would also personally suggest getting a container with a closing loop mounted near the bottom of the reserve container so you can fit a wider range of canopies in it as you progress in the sport.

But whatever you buy, make sure the colors match your jumpsuit or you're gonna die! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:;)

+1 Nice suit in your avatar BTW.
Muff #5048

Not quite true...there are significant differences between many of them.
One thing for sure, they all open up to release a canopy or two.
I'm an RI fanboy. I've got two Talon FX and two Voodoo's. Started with a Stunts Eclipse, went to a used Wings, then a used Talon FS.
Really, really love my Voodoo's.

They got a Voodoo that'll fit a 280? :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The one that fits.

I had a mirage for years. Somewhere along the line I got hooked on Racer. The old expression turned out to be true for me. The Vector looks great on the packing table, the Racer fits your body. I suspect it has alot more to do with fit than anything else. Whatever fits is going to work well. The hard part is that you really need a "custom" fit to know. And of course it helps if the container was intended to hold the size main and reserve you will fill it with.

Sorry about some of the jerks on the thread. So, welcome to the sport. Enthusiasm, is always greeted with grumpy dudes. I don't know where the attack over the motorcycle reference came from. I understand perfectly what you were referring to. Parachutist mag sucks when it comes to some type of gear comparison. Unlike scuba, motorcycle, golf magazines, etc, etc, parachutist cowers when it thinks it has to possibly bring attention to the bad aspects of one of its ad customers. A huge irritation to me is that Parachutist doesn't have any type of yearly gear comparison. So then you have to rely on forums to get your answers. Maybe your question should have been more specific. Something that other posts didn't address. Sometimes you get a response that you should have done more research, when in fact the last series of posts were a year ago. Gear changes every year, more data becomes available for things such as Skyhook, what was true last year might not be true today. Anyway too bad you have to rely on forums for your answers, even mine.

BS
Irony: "the History and Trivia section hijacked by the D.B. Cooper thread"

Super dumb question where do you go for "demos"

What you might try ... is call around... and find out what student/rental gear all the DZ's are using. That would be a start... try the different rigs at a number of DZ's.... hell you are on the East Coast.. friggin dropzones are everywhere. Go visit Sonic at the Ranch

Its the end of the season up where you are... go South... Check out The Farm in GA... Go down to FL.. go to Deland..there are SEVERAL manufactuers around there... go down to Z Hills... more manufacturers

bullshit. you are just lazy.

you claim to be a big boy - you are 5'8" 185# - that's nothing out of the ordinary for someone living in the US, perhaps a bit chubby, but that's it.

you keep referring to riding motorcycles like you are some big shot biker. Got any accomplishments to prove that ? Got you name plastered all over the internet (I don't mean postwhoring in a MC forum) ? Completed 50CC (not cubic centimeters) ? Completed Iron Butt ? Rode to a bunch of rallies ? Got cool pics of yourself riding ?

As of right now you have over 2800 posts since registering 18 months ago, and most of them are in the Bonfire, most on topics unrelated to skydiving. Spend more time reading pertinent info, and less time posting.

blah...

WOW... are you guys buddys;)

Super dumb question where do you go for "demos"

What you might try ... is call around... and find out what student/rental gear all the DZ's are using. That would be a start... try the different rigs at a number of DZ's.... hell you are on the East Coast.. friggin dropzones are everywhere. Go visit Sonic at the Ranch

But note that fit and canopy density (people buy tiny rigs, cram their parachutes in there, and wonder why it feels like a brick on their back) have a lot to do with comfort.