SKIandSKY

HOLY CRAP! Almost outed.....

Hope you don't have them listed as your emergency contact on the waiver. :|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My mother came to watch my first jump; I was 20. She figured if I was going to die she wanted to be there :o.

I was self-supporting -- why hide anything?

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think I had somewhere around 15 jumps before I told my parents, and I was 42 at the time. :)
It took about 3 years after that before my Dad got tired of trying to lay a guilt trip on me to quit skydiving whenever it came up.

Yup. Some families are just impossible about certain things, and that's that. Period.

I started jumping as soon as I turned 18. I was living away at college, so there was no parental scrutiny. I was well on my way to an A license before I told my dad. There was good reason for that: to say he was completely unsupportive is an understatement. My mom was the hysterical type of mom to grow up with. If you haven't experienced that, boy did you miss out on a treat. I think I was around 40 when I finally told her.

I think I had somewhere around 15 jumps before I told my parents, and I was 42 at the time. :)
It took about 3 years after that before my Dad got tired of trying to lay a guilt trip on me to quit skydiving whenever it came up.

Yup. Some families are just impossible about certain things, and that's that. Period.

I started jumping as soon as I turned 18. I was living away at college, so there was no parental scrutiny. I was well on my way to an A license before I told my dad. There was good reason for that: to say he was completely unsupportive is an understatement. My mom was the hysterical type of mom to grow up with. If you haven't experienced that, boy did you miss out on a treat. I think I was around 40 when I finally told her.

I started at 18 as well, still at home and a rebellious teen I didn't say anything because 'it's none of their business'.

Day of my last S/L and 1st FF I was getting ready to leave the house and Pops said how about I come along and take pictures? :o:o:oB|

Don't know HOW he knew but he did come out...brought the camera & beer...and became a DZ regular with his Nikon! B|

Then again, he DID fly me around a lot in his CUB when I was about 3...:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

My parents thought it was great that I was going to go do a tandem... then I did another, and another...Although I live on my own they soon noticed I was disappearing every sunny weekend, and selling my things on craigs list! They realized I was going through aff when the log book came, Mom thought every time I left I was committing suicide, and Dad couldn't believe I was "wasting all my hard earned money and how will I Ever live the american dream and buy a house and retire"... One day he showed up at the dz ( I didn't even know he knew where it was )... thought for sure he was going to drag me out of there by my hair... But, he came with a camera and wanted to get some pics of me landing :)p.s. I hide my rig in a luggage bag.

wow. this board is filled with all sorts of dickheads, obviously sense of humor is a lacking trait of most people around here.

and some people wonder why this place is referred to as dorkzone and most likely declining in traffic and popularity on a daily basis.

to the OP - its your business whether or not you tell your parents, I couldnt care less..I got a kick out of your post, thought it was pretty funny.

and some people wonder why this place is referred to as dorkzone

How else would you call a place full of anonymous dorks competing in annoying others who try to learn?

If I knew who these Dorks are, I'd tell their parents :D
What goes around, comes later.

I called my mum (in the UK) before I did my first tandem in Australia (7y ago).
Mum: "Be careful, and call me after".
I liked it so much, I did a second straight away. In all of the excitement I forgot to call her :o
--Epic fail
She took okay and believes that "no news is good news".

I'm going to do my AFF but I'm not going to tell my parents until I've got about 50 jumps.

wow. this board is filled with all sorts of dickheads, obviously sense of humor is a lacking trait of most people around here.

and some people wonder why this place is referred to as dorkzone and most likely declining in traffic and popularity on a daily basis.

to the OP - its your business whether or not you tell your parents, I couldnt care less..I got a kick out of your post, thought it was pretty funny.

I do indeed have a penis for a head ;)

OMGosh! My mom borrowed my car today and I had left my log book laying in the passenger floor...thank goodness she doesn't notice much. (Yep, 28 jumps and they still don't know)!

S&S

Just tell her it is a log book of your sex life, which explains the different goals of each level,and why you keep going for longer delay's! Problem solved, she will drop it and never ask again!

OMGosh! My mom borrowed my car today and I had left my log book laying in the passenger floor...thank goodness she doesn't notice much. (Yep, 28 jumps and they still don't know)!

S&S

Just tell her it is a log book of your sex life, which explains the different goals of each level,and why you keep going for longer delay's! Problem solved, she will drop it and never ask again!

It MIGHT really screw her thinking up when the signature is Bob or Randy:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

S&S

...or Turtle was 'high' and 'dumped' in my face! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

S&S

other than that we had a nice 5 way:o
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

S&S

We all pulled on time this time too?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

S&S

And how much we enjoyed the horny gorilla :$
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess