ltdiver

Perris gets a Porter

Well, it IS French-made, no? :P

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No!
It is made in the Pilatus Valley in Switzerland.
The valley is named after the retirement home of Pontius Pilate, who is mentioned in the Bible.

The Pilatus have been making airplanes since before World War 2. They started out building trainers for the Swiss Air Force, but in the late 1950s branched out into search and rescue airplanes that could land on glaciers, ergo the Pilatus Porter.

Well, it IS French-made, no? :P

No,it's Swiss build but for an american france is close enoughB|

Well... lots beat me too it already... but, I'll pile on, no, a Porter is not French made. ;)

Anyway, guess if can take a dig at the French (I'd love to vist Spain or Belgium or Germany or Switzerland or Italy some day), y'all can take a dig at most American's lack of skill when it comes to geography... :S:P:):D

Holds 8 nicely, 9 using a shoe horn, 10 if they are all female japanese freestylists.

With the right spinny thing up front, smokin' fast.

Oh, 10 sounds if shouldn't be a problem. We've been putting 7 routinely up in Cloverdale in the turbo 206 and someone even said they crammed in 8 once (maybe they were all Japanese female freestylists).

I've been in a Porter with 11 jumpers on more than one occassion. Very cosy :P

The one time I rode in it with 10, it included Amazon. Now I know what it feels like to ride in one of those clown cars in the circus.:P

One thing about the Porter is the step. Or should I say, the porch. It's huge.

NW Skydiver's Porter has a door on both side. You can launch a chunk out of both sides at once. A formation load from a single plane.:D
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Holds 8 nicely, 9 using a shoe horn, 10 if they are all female japanese freestylists.

With the right spinny thing up front, smokin' fast.

Oh, 10 sounds if shouldn't be a problem. We've been putting 7 routinely up in Cloverdale in the turbo 206 and someone even said they crammed in 8 once (maybe they were all Japanese female freestylists).

Oh yeah, shouldn't be a problem.:S

7 in a 206?:|

And one wonders why there continue to be incidents with A/C in skydiving.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

7 in a 206?:|

And one wonders why there continue to be incidents with A/C in skydiving.

Yeah, I had a similar reaction when I read that too and was waiting to see if anyone else noticed.

But if you count the pilot...

5 Jumpers + 1 Pilot = 6 in a 206

and, I've seen... :$

6 Jumpers + 1 Pilot = 7 in a 206... but I care not to see that again... :P:D

Gross in a 206 is 3300lbs
Empty weight is 1750lbs
Leaving 1550lbs for fuel, jumpers, pilot, gear.

Pilot = 180lbs
Jumpers = 200lbs
20 gal fuel = 130lbs

Pilot + 5 + fuel = 1310lbs
Pilot + 6 + fuel = 1510lbs
Pilot + 7 + fuel = 1710lbs

I'd be supprised to see one with 8 FAA approved seatbelts.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

True... but has everything you've seen in skydiving been approved... ?

;)

Anyway, I'm just saying I've "seen" 206's with 6 jumpers and a pilot in it... not that I'm ever going to "see" one that up close again... rather, I'll be "someone else" waving it goodbye as it taxis out... ya know, that ol' saying about there are old skydivers and there are bold skydivers... you know the rest... and I'm getting old..er... :S>:(:D:ph34r::o:|

;):P:S:D:)

How about King Airs? I remember riding in one (I had seat belts), and it was so crammed we even had one skydiver standing facing forward bracing himself against the inside of the cabin. # of skydivers in the plane? 15, with the pilot, 16. With the standard 550 hp engines no less... :S It was some 10 years ago at a DZ that doesn't exist anymore but the plane is still in service at a different DZ and flown by the same pilot.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'd pay NOT to have to jump from a Porter.

YOU just haven't jumped from enough narrow body 182s lately, that's your problem.

I have, it really is cramped between the door and the pilot. I prefer the 182 widebodies... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anyway, I'm just saying I've "seen" 206's with 6 jumpers and a pilot in it... not that I'm ever going to "see" one that up close again... rather, I'll be "someone else" waving it goodbye as it taxis out... ya know, that ol' saying about there are old skydivers and there are bold skydivers... you know the rest... and I'm getting old..er... :S>:(:D:ph34r::o:|

;):P:S:D:)

I have never seen a skydiving 206 that didn't have 6 jumpers as its normal load. i have no idea why you think it would be "bold" to get in one with six jumpers.

YOU just haven't jumped from enough narrow body 182s lately, that's your problem.

I have, it really is cramped between the door and the pilot. I prefer the 182 widebodies... :P

Me too as a jumper, but the narrow bodies climb faster so DZOs like them better.
I seem to recall Aggiedave talking about doing tandems out of one; now that's crowded.

Me too as a jumper, but the narrow bodies climb faster so DZOs like them better.
I seem to recall Aggiedave talking about doing tandems out of one; now that's crowded.

What's crowded is giving the Bass Masters president, who is one giant of a man, an AFF jump out of a narrow C182. The DZ had to put the video guy in the OTHER C182 for a formation load!!! :o:D

Gross in a 206 is 3300lbs
Empty weight is 1750lbs
Leaving 1550lbs for fuel, jumpers, pilot, gear.

Pilot = 180lbs
Jumpers = 200lbs
20 gal fuel = 130lbs

Pilot + 5 + fuel = 1310lbs
Pilot + 6 + fuel = 1510lbs
Pilot + 7 + fuel = 1710lbs

I'd be supprised to see one with 8 FAA approved seatbelts.

With that attitude you will never make it working in Alaska.:ph34r::D:ph34r: