ltdiver

Perris gets a Porter

The rumor mill had it... that Perris is still waiting for the Porter (or Porters... 1 for flyin'... 1 for parts) to be shipped into the country. Somehow I was imagining a big "model kit" looking box from Monogram with a picture of a Porter on the side... Scale 1:1... other rumors placed it as having already arrived and was in the hangar "in work"...

:D

Anyway, it will be cool when ever it gets there and they get it up and flying.

Also, seeing as how Perris has this whole "fish" thing going (sort of) with their aircraft... Shark Air... Super Blue (the other Otter with a shark painted on it, that's blue, and not Shark Air)... wonder what they could paint on the SkyVan, Gypsy Rose, the Porter AND the DC9 to continue the theme?
:P

Also, seeing as how Perris has this whole "fish" thing going (sort of) with their aircraft... Shark Air... Super Blue (the other Otter with a shark painted on it, that's blue, and not Shark Air)... wonder what they could paint on the SkyVan, Gypsy Rose, the Porter AND the DC9 to continue the theme?

I believe they'll keep these ships white. Especially the SkyVan and Gypsey Rose. They need that for Hollywood.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I believe they'll keep these ships white. Especially the SkyVan and Gypsey Rose. They need that for Hollywood.

ltdiver

Ah! Latex Paint and viola! You can have an Otter... or Skyvan... or DC9... or Porter is painted any color you want in no time! When you're done with the movie shoot... a power washer is all you need and your aircraft is back to its original colors.

;)

Reading all this really makes me want to jump a Porter :)
I love our Grand Caravan (especially when it's lightly loaded), but the idea of being able to exit left OR right is sweet, and after seeing Drop Zone I wondered what it would feel like to be a bomb;) Maybe I'll have to jump in France from one that has the trap door. Is there one in the states?

As for 182's... ...the more I jump from one the more fun ideas I get on how to exit from one... ...but most of the time I just can't wait to get out just so I'm not crammed in there anymore! I'm not a real small guy and I had to get off a load once when I was a late student because we couldn't get the door closed with only three students and our instructor! Riding to altitude with just me and my instructor was quite roomy!

"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

Here's a sweet door setup

Same Plane from inside. Not the best pic but gives an idea on 2 open doors. I had to choose which way to go :P It was fun taking WS jumps out of each side a it made for a faster get together and flock.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Here's a sweet door setup

Same Plane from inside. Not the best pic but gives an idea on 2 open doors. I had to choose which way to go :P It was fun taking WS jumps out of each side a it made for a faster get together and flock.

Scott C.

You could have done doug one better and flown through the porter instead of just back into it.:P

Congrats Perris!
:PB|:P

we most certainly love our porter-
C-GROO
purchased by Skydive Vancouver Canada in 1994 from Australian Airforce.
B1-H2 PT6A-27 turboprop engine was converted to B2-H2 PT6A-34 turboprop Nov. 2005 by Mike Fitzgerald of Icarius Aerotechnics-
http://www.icarius-aerotechnics.com/pages/main_en.php
-talk about a sweet ride to altitude! The -27 took 25 min. to climb to 12,500/ the -34 under 10 min.
our runway is 1200 ft. and C-GROO uses less than 1/2 on takeoff.
-the huge porch "step" to die for,
-seating for 10 awesome- bench 2 at back- 4 straddle bench behind pilot/ 3 on floor/ 1 co-pilot
-original camouflaged paint

Someone mentioned that teams wouldn't like right door- LOL?? as if that would be difficult to adjust to?

SMiles;)

eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I seem to recall Aggiedave talking about doing tandems out of one; now that's crowded.

Anywhere AggieDave is is crowded

Yup, I'm what people call a "big boy." Or fat, or tall or big boned...eitherway I take up a lot of room in a 182.

Or you, me and Josh in the 182... just a *tidge* snug! ;)

I don't mind jumping Gypsy or Daffy... the climbout took a bit of getting used to, though, and it'd be nice to get to altitude a bit faster.

Any 'air time' I can get is good 'air time'!! :)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Having not been at the DZ very much this year I missed the unveiling of the Perris Porter last month! Sources at Perris say it's been up in the air, with teams training out of it, alot this past month....and that's not slowing down!

Here's a screen shot from the Perris home page. The DZ was just too crazy this past Saturday to sneak over and get a peek of it in the hanger. (Big-ways were happening all weekend long, with Perris' other 4 planes hoofing it without a break sun-up to sun-down).

For those of you who love Porters, come on down!! :)
ltdiver

Here's a screen shot from the Perris home page. The DZ was just too crazy this past Saturday to sneak over and get a peek of it in the hanger. (Big-ways were happening all weekend long, with Perris' other 4 planes hoofing it without a break sun-up to sun-down).

And here I was expecting a nice fishy Perris paintjob.

Then again, it's not as big as a shark...maybe a barracuda? Or a goldfish?

:D;)
Signatures are the new black.

And here I was expecting a nice fishy Perris paintjob.

Then again, it's not as big as a shark...maybe a barracuda? Or a goldfish?

:D;)

It all starts with a base coat, right? B|

I like the barracuda idea.

ltdiver

It all starts with a base coat, right? B|

I like the barracuda idea.

ltdiver

Yeah, but "Catfish Air" has such a nice ring to it... :P

Aren't catfish bottom dwellers?

ltdiver

Dont know much about jumping from porters, only have jumped from Otters & Skyvans. But I saw the plane about a month or so ago, looks like they are doing an excellant rebuild on it, fresh paint, engine, airframe, etc., looks like a new plane. Should be pretty nice when done.

It is done, and flying there at Perris. I'm pretty sure they'll keep the boring white paint. Less expensive and not like the Porter's going to be traveling to any boogies or anything.

ltdiver

Looks like the same DZ that sold you the Porter is now selling a Caravan...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=61435;d=1

Perris can have a small fleet of planes from Iowa. What will they fly in Paradise?

Except that our new Perris Porter came from Thailand. :)
ltdiver