petejones45

USPA fear?

Why is it that it seems almost everybody has a problem with the USPA BOD? I see lots of slandering here on this site but when it actually comes to the vote, very people actually vote:S What makes the USPA seem as as big as the federal government?
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

>What makes the USPA seem as as big as the federal government?

Because many skydivers have inherent problems with authority. And when it's an organization that sometimes keeps them from having as much fun as they want to - and takes money from them every year - they're an easy target.

That being said, most skydivers don't have too much trouble with USPA. We often hear the most vocal people disproportionately, both on line and at the DZ.

Because many skydivers have inherent problems with authority. And when it's an organization that sometimes keeps them from having as much fun as they want to - and takes money from them every year - they're an easy target.

That being said, most skydivers don't have too much trouble with USPA. We often hear the most vocal people disproportionately, both on line and at the DZ.

good point i guess there are alot of people who use sites like this but sometimes don't post as frequently as others
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Why is it that it seems almost everybody has a problem with the USPA BOD? I see lots of slandering here on this site but when it actually comes to the vote, very people actually vote:S What makes the USPA seem as as big as the federal government?

I dont have a problem with USPA, some of the competition decisions dont make sense to me sometimes, but they usually end up the way they should be in time.

I dont usually vote, but thats because I dont know who Im voting for, or what they stand for. I think USPA could do a better job of letting us know more about the candidates.
A few years ago Richard Schatner went to all the dz's in his region and introduced himself to people and talked about what he wanted to achieve. Thats why he got my vote. I also know Jay Stokes and he is a good man that has done a lot for the sport so he got my vote. Other than that almost every election its just a bunch of names on paper.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

How much money does these USPA officials gets paid????

city of Bell was blindfolded and forked up millions of dollars to city offcials that practically did nothing.

Board members are not paid for their time. Their expenses for travel to/from the board meetings are covered, and I believe regional directors get a small amount to cover travel throughout their regions, but that's about it.

USPA headquarters staff are paid employees of the organization. Links to some financial documents were recently posted in the USPA Elections forum:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3984746
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I dont usually vote, but thats because I dont know who Im voting for, or what they stand for. I think USPA could do a better job of letting us know more about the candidates.

I would submit the candidates could do a better job letting us know who they are. There were a few candidates given the opportunity to shoot and deliver on-line media to help promote their platform, and while every one of them said "great, I'm all over that" not one of them did it. A couple did Facebook pages and nothing more. IMO, if you want people to vote for you, it's YOUR responsiblity to get out and stump. USPA provides links to a bio and statement, that's enough. As voters, it's our responsibility to find out who is running in our area and learn more about whether they'd represent our best interests.

I feel *most* of the BOD has what (they believe) is best for the skydiving community at heart. A couple of them are their to protect their best interests. As a volunteer slot with minimal travel expenses paid...many of them go in the financial hole due to the time invested in constituent issues, signing off awards, etc.

Most of em' deserve a hearty "thank you" and a beer from the skydiving world. A couple deserve a boot in the ass.

Hello RDutch,

I am running for National Director and I will admit is is very hard to get the word out. I personally developed a web site, and have visited numerous dropzones and introduced myself to the DZO, staff, and fun jumpers. I answered as many questions as I had thrown at me. During the next two monthes I have planned travel to many states for my job and I plan on continuing to visit as many DZ's as I can. If you have any specific question pm me anytime. The web site has my background. www.richwinstock.com or visit me on facebook.
Thanks,
Rich

I would submit the candidates could do a better job letting us know who they are. There were a few candidates given the opportunity to shoot and deliver on-line media to help promote their platform, and while every one of them said "great, I'm all over that" not one of them did it. A couple did Facebook pages and nothing more.

DSE, this is the first I have heard of this. When was this and can I still be a part of it? I'd love to let people know more about me!

Craig Stapleton,
Pacific Regional Director
Jump more, post less!

Craig, you're not in my region, but I'm happy to help out.
I've sent you a PM.
If an RD or national candidate wants to sit down in front of a card-based camera and shoot an introduction, platform, statement of plan/direction...I'll edit and host it online for no cost unless it's an epic blag of long-worded spew.
5 mins or less is ideal.
"I'm Craig, and I'm running for ________. I believe in Mickey Mouse and am tired of Jerry Springer. If I'm elected I'll do my best to remove cornwarts from the fingers of greedy squatmongers in the USPA, etc. Thank you for your consideration"
(fade to cue and black):P

I would submit the candidates could do a better job letting us know who they are. There were a few candidates given the opportunity to shoot and deliver on-line media to help promote their platform, and while every one of them said "great, I'm all over that" not one of them did it. A couple did Facebook pages and nothing more. IMO, if you want people to vote for you, it's YOUR responsiblity to get out and stump. USPA provides links to a bio and statement, that's enough. As voters, it's our responsibility to find out who is running in our area and learn more about whether they'd represent our best interests.

I feel *most* of the BOD has what (they believe) is best for the skydiving community at heart. A couple of them are their to protect their best interests. As a volunteer slot with minimal travel expenses paid...many of them go in the financial hole due to the time invested in constituent issues, signing off awards, etc.

Most of em' deserve a hearty "thank you" and a beer from the skydiving world. A couple deserve a boot in the ass.

There is a fine line here.
One could become as annoying as all the flyers in the mailbox this month or all the robo calls.
I've received 5 emails, today alone, about a RD I cannot even vote for.

But if you want my links, here is a list:

FB Note posted on Sept 8, 1010
MakeItHappen.com
DiveMaker.com
ParachuteHistory.com
FunJumper.com
WhereToJump.com
SkydiveHistory.com
TakeBacktheSky.com

Everyone should vote and vote for Jan Meyer.

I am Jan Meyer and I approve this message ;)

(Paid for by the campaign to elect Jan Meyer.)

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

One could become as annoying as all the flyers in the mailbox this month or all the robo calls.

Y'know...I HATE spam as much as the next guy. But for the once-every-two-year election...I'll put up with spammed mail from anyone that is election-related. It tells me who to fight for and who to oppose.
I'll gladly take your spam, Jan.:P
Seriously...a YouTube video, a Facebook page, a website telling me who you are, what you believe is right and what you believe is wrong with USPA would go a LONG way to helping the USPA community understand more about who they're voting for.
These bozos that don't use the internet...the same ones that want to build a new destination site when there is already a good one in place, or the ones that still think the internet is a "passing fad" need to go. It's a brave new world folks (actually quite old).

To the BOD member that PM'd me earlier today about how online video doesn't make a difference...
Tell that to the PIA people that have enjoyed over 500,000 (yes, a half million collective) views of the PIA convention in Reno in 07 and 09. Y'think anyone sold or better understood products out of those streams? Of course they did.

You are one of the ones that needs to be booted (the current BOD member, not Jan).

I'd love to let people know more about me!

Craig Stapleton,

I'd love to learn more about you because I am in your region, even though you are running unopposed. One thing that might help is to actually visit the other dz's in the region and meet the members. I asked around this weekend and nobody remembers see you at my home dz on a sat or sun in recent memory. If you have then I apologize for calling you out, but if you haven't that would be a good way to start.

I still cant understand why some of the BOD refuses to accept the online community. It is like having an open line of communication with the people on the front lines. If you dont want to hear from the community then maybe it is time to move on. I have read an enormous amount of great ideas that should be brought forward from online avenues, I for one intend to listen and try to accomodate.

FYI: there are some that do not use email on a regular basis. How do you stay connected? Hence, the appearance that the BOD is disconnected. of course, I do not mean everyone, just the ones that do not give legitimacy to the online skydiving community.
and yes I apologize for the spam if I am in that category, just trying to get the word out there.

The USPA has made it as easy as a few clicks to vote and look at bios of those running. Online access has made these candidates contactable. Now whether they respond accordingly is another question.
Please vote www.richwinstock.com

But if you want my links, here is a list:

FB Note posted on Sept 8, 1010
MakeItHappen.com
DiveMaker.com
ParachuteHistory.com
FunJumper.com
WhereToJump.com
SkydiveHistory.com
TakeBacktheSky.com

Everyone should vote and vote for Jan Meyer.

I am Jan Meyer and I approve this message ;)

(Paid for by the campaign to elect Jan Meyer.)

She has gotten my vote every time...

this is an unpaid message

I'd love to let people know more about me!

Craig Stapleton,

I'd love to learn more about you because I am in your region, even though you are running unopposed. One thing that might help is to actually visit the other dz's in the region and meet the members. I asked around this weekend and nobody remembers see you at my home dz on a sat or sun in recent memory. If you have then I apologize for calling you out, but if you haven't that would be a good way to start.

I have been there lately, but it was a Friday. I plan on a few more trips there soon.

In the meantime, feel free to call me up and talk with me, my numbers are listed on the USPA website.

Craig
Jump more, post less!

The USPA website has links to all bios on the site for National and Regional Directors: You can also get a ballot download there:

National Directors:
http://www.uspa.org/NewsEvents/BODElections/NationalDirectorNominees/tabid/540/Default.aspx

Regional Directors
http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/BODElections/ReginalDirectorNominees/tabid/541/Default.aspx

Thanks,
Rich