tmarine253

Coolest skydiving experience yet

So I went and did two solos today at DeLand. And as I was walking out of the gear shop, Travis Pastrana was standing there getting ready to get on a load. I went up and introduced myself to him because I have always wanted to meet him and because I grew up about 5 minutes away from where he lives in Maryland. Just pretty interesting, I am sure anyone who was at DeLand today saw him.

So I went and did two solos today at DeLand. And as I was walking out of the gear shop, Travis Pastrana was standing there getting ready to get on a load. I went up and introduced myself to him because I have always wanted to meet him and because I grew up about 5 minutes away from where he lives in Maryland. Just pretty interesting, I am sure anyone who was at DeLand today saw him.

Very nice for you. Travis is a pretty good kid. He did his AFF at my home DZ, and he stops by fairly often. He may have a big name, but his head isn't too big.
It's nice to meet heroes, especially when they're doing what you're doing.

My friend is friends with Pearce Brosman - who played James Bond. I saw a photo of them riding an elephant together in Thailand. Does that make me famous....? :S

Someone got to meet someone they admired and had always wanted to meet and you are going to hate on him for being excited about it?

Fook it, i think it's cool. I'd love to meet him myself. Travis seems to have a bad rep in the skydiving community... most likely because he does stunts and everyone likes to armchair quarterback about safety. The guy is a nataural athlete and excels at anything he touches. Well, except base jumping, doesnt seem too good at that ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

When I had about 100 jumps but was already aspiring to become a camera flyer, I made my first jump in Empuria Brava. I went to a Dutch instructor to sign my logbook, he said I should have it signed by someone local and pointed at a guy sitting with his back to me at the bar. I asked and he did sign my jump. That was Patrick Passe :)
Some things are just cool ;)B|

ciel bleu,
Saskia

So I went and did two solos today at DeLand. And as I was walking out of the gear shop, Travis Pastrana was standing there getting ready to get on a load. I went up and introduced myself to him because I have always wanted to meet him

That is a cool thing about our little sport, is that you end up meeting and jumping with some of the biggest names in the sport. And I bet you've noticed that the best are usually very humble and mellow.

Welcome to our sport. :)

thats really cool! to bad this topic will be taken over by redbull haters :( congrates though!
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

I'd love to just recognize a celebrity somewhere, be able to just go up and say whassup and then find out that the person is just cool about it.

I friggen hate it when all you little-peeps commoners keep incessantly doing that to me, and think it's somehow cool. >:(:P
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

thats really cool! to bad this topic will be taken over by redbull haters :( congrates though!

fuck redbull;)
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

That is pretty awesome. Cool for you. Would have been cool if you could have been on the same load as him also or maybe even talked him in to jumping with you.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

probably not as cool... while i havent jumped with him, roger ponce de leon jumps at my home dz often. So i feel pretty special that i've been on a plane with him:S:P

Also i though the USPA revoked Travis' skydiving license due to his stunt of skydiving without a parachute. Guess im wrong.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I do not like RedBull.

I am a fan of Mark Webber who drives for RedBull.

I love pastrami.

Meeting Travis Pastrana would be cool.

Fuck

I was in no way talking to you bud, please don't swear at me for no reason
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

probably not as cool... while i havent jumped with him, roger ponce de leon jumps at my home dz often. So i feel pretty special that i've been on a plane with him:S:P

Also i though the USPA revoked Travis' skydiving license due to his stunt of skydiving without a parachute. Guess im wrong.

It was suspended not revoked and has been reinstated.
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

It was suspended not revoked and has been reinstated.

ah thanks for the update
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Greg was there, I dont know about the others, and yeah I didn't want to be that dickhead guy who was trying to get him to jump with me. He was doing some work with jumpmasters and planning jumps, it appeared he was trying to do some new freeflying stuff. As for getting on the same load with him. I think the dropzone was trying to not get people on loads with him, I was trying. But its kinda odd when they send a twin otter up with 9 heads on it and manifest says its full, he must have worked out something with the dropzone. I just thought it was cool I got to talk to him for a few minutes one on one, I have no idea why people ridicule it.

Travis seems to have a bad rep in the skydiving community... most likely because he does stunts and everyone likes to armchair quarterback about safety.

No, mostly because he didn't consider the legal and political ramifications of thumbing his nose at the FAA on national television, and what kind of heat it would bring on the governing of the sport in the USA.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.