BillyVance

City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

> That's pretty pathetic, a couple million dollars vs. a few million lives
>and countless generations.

I think it's actually BillyVance's nuts vs. Hitler's nuts.

I'd like to say Sieg Heil to Cary's face. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'd like to say Sieg Heil to Cary's face. :ph34r:

OK, Billy.... I don't want to leave you out, so I'll swing off your nuts some more just for good measure! :D:D
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

....Maybe its because some douche bags got them in trouble once over it...I dont know.

So....something stupid is done by somebody but it's a duche bag that reveals it. The douche bag is the guilty party because he let it be known?
Not a very mature way of looking at things.

Once again though that is self-righteous of you to judge the jumpers at the DZ. From what i can tell they are just like jumpers at any other DZ.

Well, there is one major difference...jumpers at other DZs don't support Slyride with their jump money.

The lowest of the low is to bash the jumpers at that DZ when they are no different from any other jumper out there. In some cases better.

Again, well, there is one major difference...jumpers at other DZs don't support Slyride with their jump money.

Lots of this reminds me of 4th grade. /reply]
And just like a 4th-grader, you whine about getting caught and blame your troubles on somebody else.

...and finally...
You're part of the Slyride team...either man up and take your share of the responsibility or quit the team. Many have quit the team...that shows a level of integrity.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

:D:D:D

Now that is a good one - lets get this back on topic. :D:D:D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Well what are the developements in the other city and with the clean up?

The city is supposed to have a list of locations where the stickers have been put up that they will then give to the people responsible for cleaning them up, this week. Then they'll have 3 weeks to clean up. Any stickers left behind after the deadline, they'll likely have to pay up for, along with a contempt of court citation. That's my best guess.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

skydiving Nashville is in russellville Kentucky according to this site http://www.nashvilleskydiving.org/
which apparently is closed and has since dedicated its site to slandering the "other" place. The site is full of "grammatical entertainment".

Asc claims that skydiving in/around Nashville can be done in Waverly, TN.

where is skydive Chicago?? I found one in Ottawa.

I find this especially humorous to see that you guys seem to be masters of screwing yourselves.
You guys made such a big issue about one little pissy assed sentence in Skydive Nashville's website that pointed out to the customer about the 1 800 Skyride Scam, that now you've really got a problem. I suppose the owner or whoever does that site finally got tired of you guys whining about it, so, well, I guess all I can say is you brought it on yourselves. See for yourself; www.nashvilleskydiving.org
The part that I find even funnier is that when a surfer Google searches for Skydiving in the Nashville Area, that site comes up at the top. Looks to me like that even though it needs to be re-written, All the facts in that site will just make it easier for the surfer to decide where NOT to jump.
Way to go guys!

But that's ok, There's a Denial Management Centernear you! And a Big Plane to get you there!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXGL-_N7V5I

You'll notice the stickers under glass in the video and the closing slide of the poorly produced video with stolen music has the same 1-800 number.

Further proving the DZ and Skyride is one and the same.

Wow only 25 secs from exit to pull. Pull was at 4k as seen on vid.
So what does that make the exit altitude?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

You'll notice the stickers under glass in the video and the closing slide of the poorly produced video with stolen music has the same 1-800 number.

9,000 or 10,000 from a Cessna... Guess the customer didn't wanna spring for the extra altitude. :D

9,000 or 10,000 from a Cessna... Guess the customer didn't wanna spring for the extra altitude. :D

About 7000' - you can see the cameraman's alti as he's climbing out.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

About 7000' - you can see the cameraman's alti as he's climbing out.

Damn, I bet the customer got stiffed. :P

Are you guys serious? I just watched the video- they are jumping a cessna under cloud cover. If they were to climb above the clouds you would have flamed em for going through clouds like you all have already tried to do.

All these threads should be moved to SC for how political they get, there is so much bias that every aspect of skydiving becomes wrong or illegal so long as the skydive is made at an ASxxx DZ. Weak.

Happy holidays :)
Brett

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

disagree, either make the jump and have a happy customer, dont make it and have the customer watch fun jumpers go at it and ultimately bitch that they were unfairly kept on the ground, or ask em if they dont mind jumping a little lower. I've seen all three occur at numerous DZs from coast to coast.

were you there? who's to say the student didn't request to go?

Looks like this guy was stoked enough to load it on the net to show off to his buddies, I'd consider that a successful tandem on all fronts. But hey, I'm not one to care about every detail of every skydive being perfect and cookie cutter (since that's soooo realistic), I'm content having a safe, fun jump. To me it looks like that's what happened, but who the hell am I? Clearly, to keyboard jockeys this video is a sign of the apocalypse.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

A 7k exit is screwing the passengers. It's true that they probably wont know the difference between 7k and 10k, but it still doesn't make it right. >:(

What he said.
Now, if they gave the passenger, say, a 30% rebate, then I might be ok with it. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

disagree, either make the jump and have a happy customer, dont make it and have the customer watch fun jumpers go at it and ultimately bitch that they were unfairly kept on the ground, or ask em if they dont mind jumping a little lower. I've seen all three occur at numerous DZs from coast to coast.

were you there? who's to say the student didn't request to go?

Looks like this guy was stoked enough to load it on the net to show off to his buddies, I'd consider that a successful tandem on all fronts. But hey, I'm not one to care about every detail of every skydive being perfect and cookie cutter (since that's soooo realistic), I'm content having a safe, fun jump. To me it looks like that's what happened, but who the hell am I? Clearly, to keyboard jockeys this video is a sign of the apocalypse.

I am actually going to have to agree on this. If there was cloud cover that kept the plane from attaining full altitude, then perhaps the student decided to go ahead and make the jump.

I know that I have been on loads that we were unable to get to target altitude, and I did not request a partial refund for the difference. Also, at my home DZ(Cessna), if the plane leaves the ground and you ride it back down for any reason, no refunds.

If it is cloudy it is understood (and explained to students) that there is a possibility that full altitude may not be attainable and the costs are the same (different prices for hop & pops and such). Now, the DZO is fair, and if the plane only gets to 2000' or so, they will work something out (planes cost money to operate) but it would be rare a tandem load would even try if they didn't think they could at least get to a reasonable altitude and the tandem student is fully informed of all possibilities and options. I have seen several decide to go ahead and do their tandem with less than full altitude.

Disclaimer: Unfortunately my DZO does take SR certs at this time (we are working on changing thier mind), but this is my home DZ and I have a lot of family there.

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

And i've seen tandems reschedule because they wanted the full altitude with the money they were spending. It goes both ways.

I never claimed the student did or didn't want to go to 7k, just that there are other options. And I disagreed with your whine about somebody's comment being political.

If a dz has bullshit charges like for weather, "extra altitude", etc etc, it's not unreasonable to assume they just didn't tell the student they only went to 7k. I'm not claiming it happened because I wasn't there, but I see where those who assume this are coming from.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52