BillyVance

City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

The point was, the video clearly showed the direct tie between the DZ and Skyride, as all three DZ's have this direct connection, I think it negates all those arguments to the contrary.

The skydive it self only has one issue and that is the lack of an altimeter on the student. The Exit, freefall (although short) is fine, the canopy landing is Ok as well (but with a better flairing technique i.e. actually finishing, the leg straps on both harness' will last a lot longer).

I know that I have been on loads that we were unable to get to target altitude, and I did not request a partial refund for the difference. Also, at my home DZ(Cessna), if the plane leaves the ground and you ride it back down for any reason, no refunds.

HOLY SHIT!! Really?!? Guess I can add that one to the list of dz's NOT to visit. I thought it was common practice to refund $$ for decrease in altitude pretty much everywhere. And you mean to say that if the plane is forced down due to winds picking up on the way to altitude you just WASTED a jump ticket. No thanks.
Muff #5048

I know that I have been on loads that we were unable to get to target altitude, and I did not request a partial refund for the difference. Also, at my home DZ(Cessna), if the plane leaves the ground and you ride it back down for any reason, no refunds.

HOLY SHIT!! Really?!? Guess I can add that one to the list of dz's NOT to visit. I thought it was common practice to refund $$ for decrease in altitude pretty much everywhere. And you mean to say that if the plane is forced down due to winds picking up on the way to altitude you just WASTED a jump ticket. No thanks.

Actually, one of the only times I have ridden the plane down WAS for this exact reason, AND it wasn't at my home DZ. We (the entire load) did NOT receive refunds as far as I know (at least I didn't). As a matter of fact this was at a club that adamantly opposes SR.

Also, we almost died on landing because the plane veered off the runway (was at about a 10-15 degree slant to the side, and had the corn not been cut a couple weeks earlier would have caught the wing) and cut through the pea pit with one of the wheels of the landing gear. Most of the jumpers PLF'ed getting off the plane once it came to a stop.

At that point I was just happy to be alive and didn't care about a refund. I also decided that, winds be damned, I would not ride a plane down because of a gust (unless I am responsible for someone else (student for example) on that load).

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Personally I dont care that much and I believe you shouldnt judge people till you walk in thier shoes.

Why would anyone with any scruples want to walk in their shoes? Are you saying a person has to go out and deceive people before they can criticize someone that does?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I'm just tryin to look at it from a fair non-biased view point.

Quit frankly, anyone that has put this much dedication to attacking some skydiving company, is probably a miserable person on the inside. All this effort for what? In the end what did you accomplish with your life? You destroyed something? some little miniscule thing that most people never heard of. I have to wonder about people that spend their free time pursuing this. What a waste of life! There are so many other great things and ways to spend your limited time on. In the end even if you win against skyride you are still the loser. Because its you that wasted your life and dedicated your effort to something that doesnt mean shit in the "big picture".
Ask yourself this...."How much have I payed skyride?" With your time? with your effort? with your attention and focus? Just think of all the things that would have been better to focus on. You are consumed with the negative. That is not a good trait. I read these threads and I feel sorry for you. I try to bring this to light to help you.

Oh jeez, what kind of puke drivel is that?

Let me guess. You are a "life coach" right?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

open your eyes and stop swinging off billy vance's nuts

Gosh - I hope I don't have to stand in line to do that. Could you possible sell me a gift certificate that I could redeem for this activity?

No insult intended to Billy; but they'd probably try to upsell you to bigger nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXGL-_N7V5I

You'll notice the stickers under glass in the video and the closing slide of the poorly produced video with stolen music has the same 1-800 number.

Further proving the DZ and Skyride is one and the same.

I'm gonna carry it off topic for a second to point out the backflip that was done at about 3 seconds off the door and came out at about 11 seconds when the drogue was thrown. I thought there was some kind of a five second rule about throwing the drogue.

**Note to Mods** This part may need to be carried over to the Tandem Backflip thread if it drags out very far.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Actually, one of the only times I have ridden the plane down WAS for this exact reason, AND it wasn't at my home DZ. We (the entire load) did NOT receive refunds as far as I know (at least I didn't).

I have too. The entire load recieved their jump tix back from manifest no problem. Also, if weather only permits say 9K manifest doesn't charge as much for the jump (think it was like $19 last time which isnt huge since 13K is $22, but it shows the dzo cares about his people and in turn his company). Maybe thats why this seems strange to me. Less alt=Less cost.
Muff #5048

Let me guess. You are a "life coach" right?

Yes, he may be a Life Coach, 1 800 Skyride has the website to prove it!
http://www.luxergy.com/Nashville_Tennessee/Nashville_life_coach.htm

Kinda makes you wonder how many more other arenas Skyride has tried to branch out into? :S

You know they must be cranking out websites by the dozens per day because there's always a mistake or typo because they don't proof-read their work!

Look at the bottom of that page where it shows their top 4 activities. Do the descriptions match? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>I thought it was common practice to refund $$ for decrease in altitude
>pretty much everywhere.

Hmm, most of the DZ's I've been to charges for the highest altitude the plane gets to. Occasionally they'll refund people's money for an unusual reason, but in general if you get to 8000 feet before the pilot calls it - you pay for that altitude.

There is no back loop in that skydive. It is just a poor job of flying by the "I" who is trying a leg lock instead of flying through the student.

Note the video is in slow mo from the exit and of course several times in freefall, so no accurate measure can be made by time of the duration of freefall. The only "accurate" measure is the videoagraphers altimeter that shows exit and main deployment, all within the FAR's and BSR's, the only "violation" is the lack of an accesable altimeter for the student and that is a BSR for USPA issue.

Now back on topic.

The video and the recent court appearance by Owens and Berger clearly shows the direct connection between the DZ and Skyride. So all the "young" (read "new") jumpers who are going there and the older ones (read ones who should know better) have now lost that argument as it has been proven to be false. If you work or jump at the DZ you work or jump for Skyride.

So, if you only get 12K when you paid for 13K you are going to go whine and bother someone for a dollar or so?

If you get extra altitude, say 14K when you paid for 13K, do you go and pay the extra as well?

Didn't think so.[:/]

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

So, if you only get 12K when you paid for 13K you are going to go whine and bother someone for a dollar or so?

What a silly way to frame the issue. Give us a break.

Pfft.
He hit it on the head with respect to up-jumpers.
I'm appalled the whining over a couple of $$ for the rare occasions where we don't get full altitude.
I have never seen anyone offer to pay when they got extra....well, except the women who buy that extra for us.

Thanks Ladies!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I think what is being dicussed here is the issue of certain tandem factorys that screw their customers on a regular basis and like usual the Skyride camp has come here to twist the discussion into something else.

Yes; that's the point I was making.

For fear of getting the thread back on track.... has anyone that lives in Nashville seen any clean-up efforts? I imagine that with the quantity of stickers in question, it's going to take a lot of work to get them all down by the deadline.

By the way, there's one here in Georgia at the Hudson Bridge Road exit off of I-75 in McDonough. Any chance of getting that one cleaned up too?
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

For fear of getting the thread back on track.... has anyone that lives in Nashville seen any clean-up efforts? I imagine that with the quantity of stickers in question, it's going to take a lot of work to get them all down by the deadline.

By the way, there's one here in Georgia at the Hudson Bridge Road exit off of I-75 in McDonough. Any chance of getting that one cleaned up too?

Does McDonough have an abundance of stickers on city property and right of way? If it's just one or two stickers, take them down yourself. If there's a shitload of them all over, it would be a good idea for McDonough to follow Nashville's example. At least one other Georgia city has fined Skyride in the past.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

nah, only the one that I've seen. Funny thing is when I was getting set up to do AFF last December, I had called Skydive Atlanta to schedule it and then noticed that sticker at the exit in the afternoon on my way home from work. I had no idea it was Skyride at the time. If the intersection wasn't so busy I'd have jumped out of my car long ago and done it. Somebody went out of their way to put that one up.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I have been told that it appears no effort has been made towards removing the stickers around Nashville to date, despite the court order that they agreed to abide by. Less than two weeks to go and all they've been trying to do is issue motions to the court with their shell game.

Skyride's argument appears to be that the stickers are AST's, not Skyride's. Does the phone number on the stickers not go to Skyride's call center in Kennesaw, GA? As far as I'm concerned, Skyride owns AST, and therefore, the buck stops with Skyride, and the court knows it too.

Oh well....

AST - skyride aren't they one in the same?

The argument makes no sense!

Read his post again

Skyride owns AST, and therefore, the buck stops with Skyride, and the court knows it too.

One in the same.
After Chuck AND Berger showed up in court together, I have not seen anyone trying to use that lame assed excuse that they are separate entities.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!