BillyVance

City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

are these people part of the scam? from all the websites I would say so. I also heard the owner was a federal criminal that ripped a bunch of people off bigtime.

"We proudly serve the Skydive Cincinnati, Skydive Columbus, Skydive Dayton, Skydive Cleveland, Skydive Lexington, Skydive Louisville, Skydive Indianapolis areas.
We want to take you on your first skydive Tandem Parachute Jump or Accelerated Freefall Skydiving for people who wish to make their first parachute jump.
There is no better place to learn to Skydive Ohio, Skydive Kentucky or Skydive Indiana than Start Skydiving Ohio."

Weak.

Completely different company, and they have a single SITE...not sites. The cities mentioned are for metatag purposes and 99% of skydiving websites do the same thing. Start does indeed serve those areas and has jumpers that travel much further than those cities listed every single weekend.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

You made a point that has been made several dozen times in this thread already. Good for you. Is it too much to ask that we at least keep the threads bashing different DZs separate? I'm not even asking you to start a new one since they already exist, just stick to the ones that are already out there.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

99% of skydiving websites do the same thing.

That's completely full of shit. 99% of skydiving websites do not perpetrate and enable criminal fraud. If you want to sell your bill of goods to whuffos who don't know any better, you certainly can: there's a sucker born every minute. But all you're doing by putting on this spin to us is insulting our collective intelligence.

OK, my statement was misinterpreted. What i meant was most skydiving websites list the major metropolitan areas around them that they serve. As do most businesses.

I am not defending SR, just trying to figure out why someone made the jump from SR to a completely unrelated DZ.

thank you! you made my point with this

99% of skydiving websites do the same thing. Start does indeed serve those areas and has jumpers that travel much further than those cities listed every single weekend.

You have no point!
Start may be advertising for the cities around their Physical location that are within what may be a reasonable driving distance, bit I did not see Kansas, Utah, or even the Bahamas in your quote from their site and I checked the source page from their site and they don't even have the word "Nashville" anywhere in their site. I will agree however that they should not have the names of the area competing DZ's in their site.

As well all know, sLyride/ASC does all of the above and more.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I will agree however that they should not have the names of the area competing DZ's in their site.

It doesn't have anything to do with names of competing drop zones. It is all about Search Engine Optimization(SEO). If you live in Cincinnati and want to find a place to go skydiving, you would probably google "SKYDIVE CINCINNATI". By using those words on your DZ webpage, you are more likely to be found.

IF there is a competitor called "SKYDIVE CINCINNATI" that is just a coincidence. Nothing nefarious here.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Jeff,

KY is just 30 min south of Start.

Start has no business in this thread. They do not use the same tactics as SR. Start has ONE website, not many, and as myself and other have pointed out the cities listed are for SEO, which many businesses do. Furthermore, Start does attract skydivers from not only the cities listed but also as far away as Michigan, Northern Ohio, Nashville, and Pittsburgh. This isnt because of marketing tactics this is because of great people, faculties, and instruction. Hell Start has instructors and teams that travel 6+ hours to get there....so its not deceptive marketing that is doing it.

I shouldnt have fallen for the bait Hallux put out there who i temporarily forgot is just a duplicate username for someone who was banned early on in the thread.

You are right, this is a sLyride thread, and Hallux did throw Start in the mix. I was originally demonstrating that Start is doing the right thing with the one minor element thrown in and even though I added that part about teh competing DZ's, it was meant to be more complimentary than a slam. I will add that we recently exposed that Start takes the sLyride tickets, and I have since heard that they stopped, so for whatever it worth, there's either a current or definitely a past affiliation there with sLyride.
Like I said in that last post, I don't see Nashville and not Tennessee either in their site, so that tells us that they are doing it right for the most part.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I drive farther than that every weekend to jump at Skydive Nashville and Skydive Georgia and so do alot of other people.

Having multiple sites may seem like a dirty trick, but it is just good marketing in my opinion. It's like you said, 99% do the same thing. why not be a little different and see what happens.

The instructors there make a nice paycheck and the fun jumpers needs are met. So, I think it's a good business besides past mistakes. Plus, the people there are quite awesome to be around.

So, sorry you guys all have had bad experiences, but the whole website thing is how I found the place to begin with...Notice, I didn't find Skydive the Farm first. Whose staff and quite a few fun jumpers are amazing to be around and jump with. Their IT Department just isn't as strong. ;)

I drive farther than that every weekend to jump at Skydive Nashville and Skydive Georgia and so do alot of other people.

Having multiple sites may seem like a dirty trick, but it is just good marketing in my opinion. It's like you said, 99% do the same thing. why not be a little different and see what happens.

The instructors there make a nice paycheck and the fun jumpers needs are met. So, I think it's a good business besides past mistakes. Plus, the people there are quite awesome to be around.

So, sorry you guys all have had bad experiences, but the whole website thing is how I found the place to begin with...Notice, I didn't find Skydive the Farm first. Whose staff and quite a few fun jumpers are amazing to be around and jump with. Their IT Department just isn't as strong. ;)

Your post tells us that you are as brain dead as the rest of the fuckers who patronize the sLyride DZ's!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

That right there is some funny stuff. :D:D:D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Having multiple sites may seem like a dirty trick, but it is just good marketing in my opinion.

So you think it is OK for a company to use pictures of other DZ's and other instructors in their ads?

You think it is OK for a company to tell a customer that they will be jumping at "Skydive Tampa", but then only AFTER they have paid they are given directions to DeLand while passing 3 DZ's on the way? And that they do not give refunds when you find out they lied about the DZ?

Yeah, I see that as a dirty trick. If they had been honest, that would be one thing, but time after time they have taken the low road.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You know, I find it humorous that you referenced two of the more common Skyride websites to make your example. Sure REAL DZ's have multiple sites, but they all point back to one site, Skyride uses lots of sites that stay independent of each other and deceptively leads people to think the locale is where it's not.

You know, I find it humorous that you referenced two of the more common Skyride websites to make your example. Sure REAL DZ's have multiple sites, but they all point back to one site, Skyride uses lots of sites that stay independent of each other and deceptively leads people to think the locale is where it's not.

In other words, they use geo-tagging. And speaking of geo-tagging, the owner of the anti-skyride sites has been using it lately to help level the playing field and get prospective customers away from Skyride and point them to real DZs nearby. Oh and he doesn't charge a damn thing. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bottom line to this whole conversation is, Chuck Owen, the DZ manager at the Waverly, TN DZ is the one who put out these stickers. Chuck, along with 2 other males were caught on numerous business cameras during early morning hrs posting these stickers.

They even had the nerve to go into a very high dollared neighborhood and place these stickers on the houses!

Now that is just plain out rude, disrespectful, and there needs to be justice!
There is no rest for the weary huh Cary Q?

Looks like someone will be thrown under the bus soon. Anyone know who is putting up stickers for them now?

Yelp..that would be Chuck Owen and 2 other juveniles that he payed to go with him during the early morning hours.
There is no rest for the weary huh Cary Q?