BillyVance

City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

What can you do about the ASC/AST/Skyride fraudulent business practices?

Well first, stop feeding the SR bank account.

DZO’s stop taking the certificates, jumpers stop jumping at the DZ’s.

Stop working at the SR DZ’s. More and more States Attorneys are looking at the employees as well as the company. No longer are employees going to be able to say, “I didn’t know” especially when they post on here that “I just work there as an Instructor” or post on other web sites the direct connection they have with the SR company.

SR is putting the blame on there own staff as well, look at the poor fellow in GA who got thrown under the bus. Look at who was sent to answer to the vandalism charges in TN (and there is more inquiries by other TN city’s as they have had enough).

States attorneys are also looking at the DZ’s who redeem the certificates the advertising has been shown to be fraudulent. So if you’re a DZO who is redeeming the certificates and the SR web pages that the business comes from are false in nature your on the same side when it comes to defending your self.

More and more states are adding or enforcing their laws about false advertising. The ship is starting to sink and it is a matter of time before the owner jumps off and leaves the employees and redeemers with out a job and income.

Who is going to hire the supporters who till this day still support criminal behavior and bash legit DZ’s and individuals for standing against it? The potential liability would be too much for a DZO. Just like hiring an Instructor who had a rating officially suspended or was involved in a serious incident, the baggage would negate any insurance instantly.

What else can we do? Educate our selves as to who is part of Skyride. That has already started with the DZ’s that do/do not take the Certificates threads. How about our BOD? Who supports Skyride there?

Jay Stokes – no known direct connection
Sherry Butcher – DZO that takes Skyride
Glenn Bangs – long time friend and supporter who works at the GA DZ as an I/E from time to time as well as an organizer
John DeSantis – unknown
Larry Hill – the only US DZO to do the right thing and he won, right always does in the end
Mike Mullins – used to fly his King Air for the GA DZ and has stayed real quiet in the TN matters
Kirk Verner – left AZ and accepts the SR tunnel certificates
B.J.Worth – jumps at numerous SR accepting DZ’s and sees no issues
Gary Peek – dislikes the practice but does nothing about it in his state
Randy Schroeder – in private accepts the company
Todd Spillers – accepts the SR certificates
Ed Dixon – dislikes the company but in his state does nothing
Randy Allison – sees no issues
Bill Wenger – sees no issues and even looked at taking the AF academy team to a SR DZ for training
John Goswitz – sees no issues
Marylou Laughlin – won’t comment
Jessie Farrington – doesn’t like the company but does nothing
Craig Stapleton – sees no issues
Tom Noonan – has knowingly allowed Staff from a SR DZ to be ignored from punitive action because he is afraid the DZ will sue
Victor Johnson – dislikes the company but ignores the numerous safety and criminal activities at the SR DZ/DZ’s in his region
Lee Schlichtemeier – accepts the SR Certificates
Scott Smith – sees no issues

Now as to former board members.

Jan Myer hates the company and her hatred cost the Association dearly. Following the rules and taking the right steps would have ejected the two owners and all businesses with out any chance of repercussion from a civil court. Her passion for her cause is to be admired but she is not providing much in the way of results it seems she is more concerned with her reputation after the loss in the USPA elections.
Kip Lohmiller has worked for them on numerous occasions and even has a SR GA DZ senior staffer on his “Air Rage” staff as well as every DZ he has managed he has brought SR in. By extension look at who he has “certified”, by association they are SR supporters.
Mike Gruwel worked for the GA DZ for years and still services many of the Staff’s rigs. As an RD did nothing when it came to disciplinary actions needed for the GA. He also performed countless night tandems and even admitted to it after he was “free” of the statute of limitations as set for by USPA for disciplinary actions.

Now as to other ways you can show your not willing to accept the business practice of this company.

STOP buying gear from the companies they represent and more importantly stop using the dealers who work for SR.

For example when I was looking for a third rig I was looking at a G-4, I decide I would not buy anything from that company when I found out that the three SR DZ’s are dealers in that gear and that the list of dealers was riddled with SR supporters. I made the same decision when it came to jumpsuits and helmets.

In short if your not willing to be called a “crook” by a wuffo who only sees all of us as the ones in the news (guilty be association), then stand up and be recognized as a clean skydiver.

then stand up and be recognized as a clean skydiver.

Listen here, Markup! Many before you gave their all to uphold the outlaw image of skydivers.

Who the fuck are you ?
What are your sacrifices?

Who the fuck are you to buck the tradition?

Who said that skydivers should be squeaky clean?
Is that what you want?
The nutless boys choir singin' on jump run?

How do you think we got as far as we have over the years with the FAA?
It wasn't from being nut-less goodie two shoes.
It was by being balls out and breaking the rules and saying see!!!!!

But you wouldn't understand that.

Ken and Barbie and the yuppie/ baby of the family crowd.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

dislikes the practice but does nothing about it in his state
won’t comment
doesn’t like the company but does nothing
is afraid the DZ will sue
dislikes the company but ignores

Sounds like what I'd expect from USPA board members that have no direct affiliation with skyride. I think USPA made it very clear that they aren't going to get involved in skyride's practices anymore. Board members are the last people I'd expect to comment publicly or take action in their states.

We can't look to USPA to help with this. They tried and things did not go too well. At this point I'm not sure what difference it makes how the BOD members feel about skyride.

But I agree with your post in general.

Dave

What can you do about the ASC/AST/Skyride fraudulent business practices?

Well first, stop feeding the SR bank account.

DZO’s stop taking the certificates, jumpers stop jumping at the DZ’s.

Suppose for a moment that you got elected to the USPA BOD next term. Suppose that this post of yours was quoted in a complaint against USPA charging USPA with anti-trust actions. Suppose that USPA's response stated "the document speaks for itself" Suppose that the judge later admonishes attorneys for using this lame excuse and states
"In accordance with Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(b), a party's responsive pleading
must admit or deny the averments of the adverse party's pleading. For
example, if the complaint alleges, "A copy of the parties' contract is attached
hereto as Exhibit A," the defendant's answer must either admit or deny this
averment, or plead that he is without knowledge or information sufficient to
form a belief as to whether Exhibit A is in fact a copy of the parties' contract;
the defendant may not plead, e.g., "Defendant admits that Exhibit A is
attached to the complaint," or "The document speaks for itself." Such evasive
denials shall be disregarded, and the averments to which they are directed
shall be deemed admitted in accordance with Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(d).
"

The result of such a sequence of events is that the USPA is still charged with claims that could have been easily dismissed, but are not because the attorney wrote a lame response.
You become a scapegoat for USPA.

Jay Stokes – no known direct connection
Sherry Butcher – DZO that takes Skyride
Glenn Bangs – long time friend and supporter who works at the GA DZ as an I/E from time to time as well as an organizer
John DeSantis – unknown
Larry Hill – the only US DZO to do the right thing and he won, right always does in the end
Mike Mullins – used to fly his King Air for the GA DZ and has stayed real quiet in the TN matters
Kirk Verner – left AZ and accepts the SR tunnel certificates
B.J.Worth – jumps at numerous SR accepting DZ’s and sees no issues
Gary Peek – dislikes the practice but does nothing about it in his state
Randy Schroeder – in private accepts the company
Todd Spillers – accepts the SR certificates
Ed Dixon – dislikes the company but in his state does nothing
Randy Allison – sees no issues
Bill Wenger – sees no issues and even looked at taking the AF academy team to a SR DZ for training
John Goswitz – sees no issues
Marylou Laughlin – won’t comment
Jessie Farrington – doesn’t like the company but does nothing
Craig Stapleton – sees no issues
Tom Noonan – has knowingly allowed Staff from a SR DZ to be ignored from punitive action because he is afraid the DZ will sue
Victor Johnson – dislikes the company but ignores the numerous safety and criminal activities at the SR DZ/DZ’s in his region
Lee Schlichtemeier – accepts the SR Certificates
Scott Smith – sees no issues

I do not know where you got your information from, but some of your attributions are incorrect or conflict with conversations and emails I have from the very same people.
For instance, Farrington told me that a group showed up one day at her DZ with SR GC in hand. She called up SR and made a deal to accept those GC - just that once.

You also have to keep in mind that most board members do not have a clue about what is in the agreement.
All the new members have never read the agreement. The reelected members only glanced at the document.
Hill's attorney has a copy of the agreement.

Jan Meyer hates the company and her hatred cost the Association dearly.

You are dead wrong on this account. I had been commenting of SR long before I was on the board. If SR didn't like it, they could have sued me directly. They never did. In fact after two years, they could not because the statute of limitations ran out.
BTW, hate is a very strong word. I don't hate SR nor B&C. I don't like their business practices and they know that.
Cary chatted me up at the trial in Oct and then I took the stand and said the very same things about SR that I've been saying all along. Everything I said in court & my depo and the +1200 pages of documents I provided in the SDA case would have been identical to what I would have said and provided in the USPA case if it had gone to trial. SR tried to discredit me, but they could not do it because there was substantial evidence backing up everything I said about them.

There is still some more testimony to be given, but no court date has been set yet. I can guarantee you that everything I say about this is 100% backed by documents.
OTOH, what USPA has said is outright BS in some cases. For example, from the SR v USPA complaint and USPA's response:
Cary Quattrocchi claims to have started jumping in 1994 and obtained a jumpmaster rating in 1997. USPA claims not to possess knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief as to the truth of this claim.
Ben Butler claims to have started jumping in 1993 and obtained a jumpmaster rating in 1994. USPA claims not to possess knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief as to the truth of this claim.
There are plenty more examples from those two documents.

Following the rules and taking the right steps would have ejected the two owners and all businesses with out any chance of repercussion from a civil court.

You are dead wrong on this too. Glenn Bangs was the one who forced the expulsion through by violating rules stated in GM sec 1-6.
USPA never sent the requisite notification letters to SR. Those tasks are done by the RD or EC. I had nothing to do with USPA violating its own rules. I did not even know the letters were not sent until the lawsuit was filed.

Her passion for her cause is to be admired but she is not providing much in the way of results it seems she is more concerned with her reputation after the loss in the USPA elections.

That is because there is so much misinformation out there about this. There are people that don't know the whole story. There are people telling a story that is not true, nor complete. Do you know that Tim Butcher (the husband of Sherry Butcher) was one person that went around to DZOs soliciting money to sue SR? Now, that is anti-trust. He dropped his efforts after his otter crashed.
Do you know it is against NY state law for the BOD to try and remove a membership elected director?

SR is the one who was accused of deceptive marketing.
I made mention of their practices in my personal capacity.
How do I become the 'bad guy' in all of this?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

...Listen here, Markup! Many before you gave their all to uphold the outlaw image of skydivers.

Easy, man.

You are talking about something entirely different than the gist of this thread. "Outlaw Image" never meant doing SR-type things.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I was appalled that Justin would post this on Facebook and Chuck is tagging it with everybody all over the internet! His immaturity has sunk to a new level so maybe it's time for Cary to fire him so the dz came have a chance to recover.

Since you guys were doing the stickers in Nashville and Murfreesboro, why would you, (a) behave in such a manner that you would get naked, apply the stickers to yourself like that, (b) Then allow yourself to be photographed like that, and (c) allow that to get posted online knowing that you guys are under litigation in the two cities and they are waiting for you guys to do stupid stuff like that, and you have so much to lose in your military career? Why? And I don't want to hear about it wasn't you, or you were drunk or even bored!
Need you wonder why these guys are hammering you in the dirt constantly? As others have said, You bring it on yourself. Driver1 said you guys are masters at screwing yourselves, He is absolutely right about that!

Because I was fucking hammered on saki and sparks, thats why. Yes. People do stupid shit when they are drunk. Dont ever tell me you or anybody you ever knew didnt do something stupid when they were drunk. We are all skydivers and know a lot of shit happens when alcohol ios involved.

So, Mr. "alabamaskydiver," where did you get your information about my position on Skyride? You certainly didn't talk to me or comminicate directly in any other manner. If you want to know, pick up the phone and call, but I'm asking you to not publish your anonymous, unverified opinions or assessments on the internet and associate my name to them.

Randy Allison
USPA Mideastern Regional Director

Randy,

I'm still trying to figure out what he wants everyone in your position to do (or to have done already) differently - for example, he names a number of people who in his mind haven't fought hard enough (including Peek, which is completely inaccurate), and yet claims Jan has done way too much (and for the wrong reasons, another complete inaccuracy) in this whole thing.

Speaking of Jan, I'm also trying to figure out how her position on the subject changed or was accelerated since the day she wasn't re-elected to the board; she appears to me to be of the same brilliant mind she was years ago, and still supporting her assertions and statements with facts...unlike some others.

His assessment of sour grapes on her part being her motivation is one of the most ridiculous and personally insulting claims I've seen aimed at her, and that's saying a LOT in this atmosphere where people who seem to be on either side have tried to make her the scapegoat - also validates his Certificate of Cluelessness. I would place alabamaskydiver in the category of people who need to spend several weekends reading threads and posts on here before showing up and spouting senseless drivel - the same class as the people who suddenly get a user id and then jump in with "I'm new on here, could someone please explain to me the problem with Skyride..."
Roll Tide Roll

I was appalled that Justin would post this on Facebook and Chuck is tagging it with everybody all over the internet! His immaturity has sunk to a new level so maybe it's time for Cary to fire him so the dz came have a chance to recover.

Since you guys were doing the stickers in Nashville and Murfreesboro, why would you, (a) behave in such a manner that you would get naked, apply the stickers to yourself like that, (b) Then allow yourself to be photographed like that, and (c) allow that to get posted online knowing that you guys are under litigation in the two cities and they are waiting for you guys to do stupid stuff like that, and you have so much to lose in your military career? Why? And I don't want to hear about it wasn't you, or you were drunk or even bored!
Need you wonder why these guys are hammering you in the dirt constantly? As others have said, You bring it on yourself. Driver1 said you guys are masters at screwing yourselves, He is absolutely right about that!

I'll bet you didn't know this, but when these guys left Pell City for the last time (forced out), and right before they started up at Prattville, they also left a small refrigerator with about 40 pounds of deer meat in it in the middle of the ramp between the t-hangars that Sunday evening, with a note saying "With Love, To Charlie Brown," and a smiley face. It was there for a week in the July sun rotting, and smelled up the entire area and the contents of the surrounding hangars. Charles Browning was the airport board chairman, and it was like a "fuck you" message for him. It really didn't affect him; however, all the other pilots whose hangars and airplanes smelled of rotting venison were not impressed.

This is another example of the kind of Cary-spawned arrogance I was speaking about earlier.... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'll bet you didn't know this, but when these guys left Pell City for the last time (forced out), and right before they started up at Prattville, they also left a small refrigerator with about 40 pounds of deer meat in it in the middle of the ramp between the t-hangars that Sunday evening, with a note saying "With Love, To Charlie Brown," and a smiley face. It was there for a week in the July sun rotting, and smelled up the entire area and the contents of the surrounding hangars. Charles Browning was the airport board chairman, and it was like a "fuck you" message for him. It really didn't affect him; however, all the other pilots whose hangars and airplanes smelled of rotting venison were not impressed.

This is another example of the kind of Cary-spawned arrogance I was speaking about earlier.... :S

yah we did that, so what! Don't like it, go fuck yourself!

Nice!

As if you didn't know, that particular act did nothing to cause grief for Billy, nor Mr. Browning; however, it DID leave a lasting impression (in more ways than one) on the other tenants of the airport and neighbors of the ASC hangar - most of whom prior to this had no problem personally with them (you) as neighbors. I know this because most of them were my friends and acquaintances at the time, and I helped clean the shit up, but it took a bit longer to air-out a million dollars' worth of airplanes.

I never cease to be amazed...
Roll Tide Roll

nothing but sophomoric fun. I'm content claiming to have more than one 'bart simpson' for a friend. $10 says skyride and cary had nothing to do with that, just a (dumb) drunk prank that had larger effects than expected/anticipated. BTW, how the heck do you (or they) not notice for a week? lol.

...not that it was the right thing to do...

btw, pops- i'm sure you had a few colorful moments in your younger years. You just didn't have a flock of chicken littles following your every move. Some of the stuff that gets brought up in these threads cracks me up. Not to justify most of the antics, but it reminds me of the angry mobs in southpark running around "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

I get that you're going after the character of people you don't like, but with 90% of this sh*t- may he... cast the first stone, ya know? I bet if you were more focused with your dirt you could actually get something to stick.

edit: btw, i think you meant a small ding in my "we're good guys" defense armor or some such thing? Not sure how to ding my position.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

...how the heck do you (or they) not notice for a week? lol.

Actually, it was noticed by a few, but most people who were affected were weekenders - remember it was left Sunday night, and that area of the airport was a ghost-town weekdays.

The other thing was, arrest warrants were almost issued for Rob & Laura (the "responsible parties" in the previous lease), who I know had nothing to do with it. The longer it stayed out, the better the case and more revolting the offense.

And to think I never got my "Thank You" card.[:/]
Roll Tide Roll

Do none of you think before you do things? Fuck, I'm 21 years old. I do drunk stuff every weekend. But I've got a little bit of common sense, and it only takes a little to realize the difference between a prank and fucking with people's expensive shit. Some people just amaze me.

Like at couch freaks this year, I like being an idiot when i drink sure, that's part of being my age, but I'd realize that climbing on airplanes in the middle of the night is a dumb idea BEFORE I did it. Some people just can't think logically anymore. Show some respect to people around you [:/]

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Do none of you think before you do things? Fuck, I'm 21 years old. I do drunk stuff every weekend. But I've got a little bit of common sense, and it only takes a little to realize the difference between a prank and fucking with people's expensive shit. Some people just amaze me.

Like at couch freaks this year, I like being an idiot when i drink sure, that's part of being my age, but I'd realize that climbing on airplanes in the middle of the night is a dumb idea BEFORE I did it. Some people just can't think logically anymore. Show some respect to people around you [:/]

Exactly. You climb inside the plane, fuck, and then get out. ;)

You sure as hell don't do anything that could damage it. :(

Had the deer meat thing been done near the guys office at the FBO or near his house, it would have made more sense. If you're gonna send a "fuck you" to a person, ya gotta get the address right too. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.