BillyVance

City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

Hmm.
Not guilty but agree to clean up the stickers.
Seems pretty stand up to me, not some scam company.:S

A defendant's non-admission of guilt as part of a settlement agreement or consent decree is nothing more or less than that. It is not an adjudication of "not guilty", "not culpable", "not responsible", "not liable", or for that matter, of anything else. Settlement agreements in which defendants agree to do and/or refrain from doing certain things without admitting guilt are, in fact, the way the vast majority of lawsuits are concluded.

Presumably, if Skyride chooses to not remediate (or fails to remediate) as agreed, the case will then proceed to an evidentiary hearing at which the issue of factual and legal culpability, or lack thereof, will be decided.

Hmm.

The issue at hand is the litter and vandalism with the stickers. Their reputation didn't help either.

Guilt wasn't at issue either. It was a civil case. They're still liable for the damages.

its so ridiculous how self righteous you always have to be about asc and anything related. theres not a person in this world who hasnt every done anything wrong. who do you think you are running around this forum creating this huge cult of asc haters. cuz thats what you guys are doing. yea, skyride may tell people some shady stuff here and there through miscommunications, but its not like were out there jumping illegally or not following safety concerns. you guys act like everyone associated with an skyride owned dz is just a bunch of criminals and lowlifes. for that matter, almost all the fun jumpers in waverly right now are active duty or retired military. things arent what they seem on this forum. open your eyes and stop swinging off billy vance's nuts

its so ridiculous how self righteous you always have to be about asc and anything related. theres not a person in this world who hasnt every done anything wrong. who do you think you are running around this forum creating this huge cult of asc haters. cuz thats what you guys are doing. yea, skyride may tell people some shady stuff here and there through miscommunications, but its not like were out there jumping illegally or not following safety concerns. you guys act like everyone associated with an skyride owned dz is just a bunch of criminals and lowlifes. for that matter, almost all the fun jumpers in waverly right now are active duty or retired military. things arent what they seem on this forum. open your eyes and stop swinging off billy vance's nuts

Dude, your opinion may change after you've spent several more years in the sport. There are dozens and dozens of former ASC/Skyride supporters who jumped off the bandwagon, including some who were their biggest fans.

I mean no disrespect to the military. This isn't about them. Every DZ has jumpers who are military.

What are you gonna do about it? Don't like it? Go choke on it.

Edited to add:

but its not like were out there jumping illegally or not following safety concerns

Oh really? So those night tandems weren't illegal and followed safety concerns?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A defendant's non-admission of guilt as part of a settlement agreement or consent decree is nothing more or less than that. It is not an adjudication of "not guilty", "not culpable", "not responsible", "not liable", or for that matter, of anything else. Settlement agreements in which defendants agree to do and/or refrain from doing certain things without admitting guilt are, in fact, the way the vast majority of lawsuits are concluded.

Presumably, if Skyride chooses to not remediate (or fails to remediate) as agreed, the case will then proceed to an evidentiary hearing at which the issue of factual and legal culpability, or lack thereof, will be decided.

In the real world though, the complaining party would have to expend time and funds to remedy the 'failure to remediate' as agreed.

Read these cases:
http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/749489.htm
http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/757483.htm

Now look up whois records for the pertinent domain names
http://whois.domaintools.com/skydivingarizona.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/arizonaskydive.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/skydivearizona.net
http://whois.domaintools.com/arizonaskydive.com

Two of these domains are still listed to IGOVincent, aka CQ, aka SR. Two domains were let expired by SR and picked up by a domain squatter. Gee whiz - How did that happen? I know some of the details on that.

Just because there is some court order or settlement agreement where SR promises to do things is not assurance of compliance to the court order or agreement.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

open your eyes and stop swinging off billy vance's nuts

Gosh - I hope I don't have to stand in line to do that. Could you possible sell me a gift certificate that I could redeem for this activity?
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Could you possible sell me a gift certificate that I could redeem for this activity?

I'll bet they can! You can buy it for a nut swing in your home state but you'll actually have to drive to Alabama to do it! They'll charge extra too if you want him to stand on a chair for extra altitude.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

its so ridiculous how self righteous you always have to be about asc and anything related. theres not a person in this world who hasnt every done anything wrong.

Does this mean that nobody, anybody, anywhere for whatever reason cannot comment on any wrong-doing whatsoever? Do you fail to see the logic of your statement?

who do you think you are running around this forum creating this huge cult of asc haters. cuz thats what you guys are doing.

Do you think that the only reason people expose the deeds of Slyride is because of anything posted in DZ.com? Do you really think anybody here "created" all this on their own?

yea, skyride may tell people some shady stuff here and there through miscommunications,

I thought you got it until you added attempted justification at the end.

you guys act like everyone associated with an skyride owned dz is just a bunch of criminals and lowlifes.

Well, it's a fact of life...in all walks of life. People do get hammered with guilt-by-association.

Nope, you just don't get it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Nope, you just don't get it.

He sure as hell don't. Cary's got a bunch of other people to be more concerned about that are working against his business. I just post on here, for the most part.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

actually night tandems arent illegal. And do you really want to get into that? I see that the USPA has been thinking about revising the the rules to allow tandems up to twilight. Which is what most DZ's do already. I dont know that AST has ever done night tandems, or twilight tandems. I know when I have been there they have been very strict about clouds and legal sunset. Maybe its because some douche bags got them in trouble once over it...I dont know.

Once again though that is self-righteous of you to judge the jumpers at the DZ. From what i can tell they are just like jumpers at any other DZ. This is what makes you guys look so low-life. Going after the jumpers thinking it effects skyride or cary is just pathetic. Last I heard your playground down there in Cullman did night tandems quite frequently, not to mention some other shit they do, just as most DZ's do. Why do you single out the actions at AST? How about a DZ you jump at? Do you want me to talk about the shit I've seen going on there? Or what about how the owner of that DZ has fucked over skydiving with the way he has handled himself in the aviation business. Do you think wrecking someones plane then walking away from it and denying involvement is a upstanding business man? I guess you do since you give him your money everytime you jump there.

HYPOCRITES!! Thats all you are.
The lowest of the low is to bash the jumpers at that DZ when they are no different from any other jumper out there. In some cases better. They are definately dedicated and hard working.

Lots of this reminds me of 4th grade. Its like you are a little tattle teller running to the teacher hoping it will make you feel better cause you have no friends. I can hear it now in 4th grade voice. exclaiming! "MR Johnson! Mr. Johnson! they did night tandems they did night tandems" As you hide in your basement behind your computer so far removed from the reality of the sport that its sad.
Maybe we have made a breakthrough.. You are upset by removal and lack of involvement from the sport, so now you just want to start trouble cause its the only thing you can do to feel like you are part of the sport still.

Go find a new hobby. If you dont have time or desire to skydive any more then quit feeling like you have the right to influence it. Go find a new hobby and broaden your horizon instead of degrading yourself by reveling in your fading relevance in the sport of skydiving

They are definately dedicated and hard working.

Sure they are, at promoting and carrying on Cary's business model and ethics.

You need to broaden YOUR horizons. :P

And get some fresh air (cough cough) by scraping off some of those stickers. ;)

Now let me get this straight,,
(1) In Az, Cary admitted in a court document that he knows his websites are deceptive and misleading and refuses to correct them because he "Makes more money that way",

(2) Cary got sued and lost over $6m in Arizona,

(3) The Cary owned conglomerate is under court order by the Georgia AG to operate legally and ethically, which they refuse to do,

(4) The Connecticut Ag is on their ass,

(5) Tennessee has a State law governing the misleading advertising on the web, ie the AST/Bristol website and many others,

(6) Nashville just issued a court order to remove the stickers and if the info is correct that I got, Chuck Owens showed up for court and agreed to the court order, hence accepting responsibility,

(7) That other town, I believe it was Murfresboro (or something like that) is looking to do the same or maybe take it to the state level,

(8) Multiple news articles, all bad have ran on the company,

(9) Scored an "F" on the BBB report in Atlanta,

An plenty more that I don't care to set here and list,

And yet you still support that criminal's business activities? I respectfully recommend that you and your friends attend your local Denial Management Course. I feel quite sure there's one near you since Cary has a Skydive Center "Near You". And make sure that you pay extra for the bar stool for the extra altitude.:o

There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Hmm.

The issue at hand is the litter and vandalism with the stickers. Their reputation didn't help either.

Guilt wasn't at issue either. It was a civil case. They're still liable for the damages.

Personally I'd rather swing off of hitlers nuts instead of associating with anything Skyride or ASC. That's just me though. :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

actually night tandems arent illegal. And do you really want to get into that? I see that the USPA has been thinking about revising the the rules to allow tandems up to twilight. Which is what most DZ's do already. I dont know that AST has ever done night tandems, or twilight tandems. I know when I have been there they have been very strict about clouds and legal sunset. Maybe its because some douche bags got them in trouble once over it...I dont know.

Once again though that is self-righteous of you to judge the jumpers at the DZ. From what i can tell they are just like jumpers at any other DZ. This is what makes you guys look so low-life. Going after the jumpers thinking it effects skyride or cary is just pathetic. Last I heard your playground down there in Cullman did night tandems quite frequently, not to mention some other shit they do, just as most DZ's do. Why do you single out the actions at AST? How about a DZ you jump at? Do you want me to talk about the shit I've seen going on there? Or what about how the owner of that DZ has fucked over skydiving with the way he has handled himself in the aviation business. Do you think wrecking someones plane then walking away from it and denying involvement is a upstanding business man? I guess you do since you give him your money everytime you jump there.

HYPOCRITES!! Thats all you are.
The lowest of the low is to bash the jumpers at that DZ when they are no different from any other jumper out there. In some cases better. They are definately dedicated and hard working.

Lots of this reminds me of 4th grade. Its like you are a little tattle teller running to the teacher hoping it will make you feel better cause you have no friends. I can hear it now in 4th grade voice. exclaiming! "MR Johnson! Mr. Johnson! they did night tandems they did night tandems" As you hide in your basement behind your computer so far removed from the reality of the sport that its sad.
Maybe we have made a breakthrough.. You are upset by removal and lack of involvement from the sport, so now you just want to start trouble cause its the only thing you can do to feel like you are part of the sport still.

Go find a new hobby. If you dont have time or desire to skydive any more then quit feeling like you have the right to influence it. Go find a new hobby and broaden your horizon instead of degrading yourself by reveling in your fading relevance in the sport of skydiving

I don't know if anybody is bashing the jumpers or the customers of the DZ. And some have even gone as far to say that the employees are just making a buck and may not care what Skyride is or how it's associated with the owner of said DZ. The only thing I've seen close to bashing is of the people who are well aware of what Skyride is, Carey's ethics and principals, lies, diceits, and yet still continue to not only work for him but outwardly support/defend his nasty business practices. I think you're argument about "bashing jumpers" is just a straw man to steer this conversation away from the real argument.

Please argue the facts at hand here, and not some situation you're making up about bashing jumpers.

Personally I'd rather swing off of hitlers nuts instead of associating with anything Skyride or ASC. That's just me though. :)

Wow, even if tongue-in-cheek... wow. That's pretty pathetic, a couple million dollars vs. a few million lives and countless generations. Nice. You stay classy.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

An plenty more that I don't care to set here and list,

I'll add one here: The one act that Cary and his minions did that caused the biggest ship-jumping of their supporters - stealing the phone number of Skydive Tullahoma after the DZO, Chris Martin, died, so that it would ring at the Skyride call center. You can't stoop much lower than that.

How was it discovered? When Mike Mullins helped host a Chris Martin memorial boogie, they had tandem customers show up with the Skyride gift certificates. After finding out they did call the DZ's number to buy the tandems, the boogie organizers called the number themselves and sure enough, Skyride's call operator answered.

Boy did a shit-storm follow after that. Apparently, Skyride contacted the phone company posing as a representative of Skydive Tullahoma, and requested, fraudulently, that the number be transferred to ring at Skyride. >:(

Anybody that still supported Skyride after that and knew it lost my respect.

Wow, even if tongue-in-cheek... wow. That's pretty pathetic, a couple million dollars vs. a few million lives and countless generations. Nice. You stay classy.

Using an obvious exaggeration to show exactly how much I would rather not do something-- I think it gets the point across. Doesn't mean I think those two things are anywhere on the same level in terms of how wrong they are. Nice try though.

And I'll try to keep up on the classy thing. I might even drink wine from a box tonight! :D

Hmm.

That is one of the most absolutely pathetic posts I've ever read on DZ.COM.

Birds of a feather flock together. If you choose to associate with unsavory cheats don't expect anyone decent to respect you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In the real world though, the complaining party would have to expend time and funds to remedy the 'failure to remediate' as agreed.

Generally true; although in this case a compliance hearing is already scheduled for January 13, so further active judicial review is going to happen in any event.

its so ridiculous how self righteous you always have to be about asc and anything related. theres not a person in this world who hasnt every done anything wrong.

Two wrongs do make a right?

yea, skyride may tell people some shady stuff here and there through miscommunications,

Sorry, I didn't mean to rip you off and not give you the refund you asked for, it was a mis-communication. :S

but its not like were out there jumping illegally or not following safety concerns. you guys act like everyone associated with an skyride owned dz is just a bunch of criminals and lowlifes.

I don't have a problem with people that jump at skyride owned dropzone, just their attempts to defend skyride.

But it's so fun. weeeeeeee. :P

?What? This goes in the top ten all time stupid replies category. I'd put it at number one. Skyride defenders are AWESOME!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally I'd rather swing off of hitlers nuts instead of associating with anything Skyride or ASC. That's just me though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could that be anything other than tongue-in-cheek? It would be a physical impossibility to swing off Hitler's nuts for two reasons.

1. The Russian autopsy of Hitlers burnt remains in 1945 documented that Hitler's "left testicle could not be found either in the scrotum or on the spermatic cord inside the inguinal canal, or in the small pelvis. . . ." He sufferred from monorchidism so at the best you could only swing off of a single Hitler Nut.

2. Given the fact his body was severely burnt and autopsied in 1945, buried and reburied several times, the remaining nut probably wouldn't support the weight of an adult male to swing on.

Relax. Smile and be happy. :)

For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.